Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

I've watched my fair share of Pitt football games this season. I really like what I see out of Donald. He makes so many great plays along the line. And he is constantly double-teamed and held on others. IMO he'd be a great NFL pass rusher if given the opportunity. The Steelers should definitely keep him in mind.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-23-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-18-2013), Neil-Still-Rules-14 (11-23-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,282
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,393
Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,803 Posts
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I've watched my fair share of Pitt football games this season. I really like what I see out of Donald. He makes so many great plays along the line. And he is constantly double-teamed and held on others. IMO he'd be a great NFL pass rusher if given the opportunity. The Steelers should definitely keep him in mind.
Where do you put him along the line? DE or NT?
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-23-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-18-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach
 
Neil-Still-Rules-14's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,381
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1048
Thanks: 355
Thanked 1,106 Times in 463 Posts
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Where do you put him along the line? DE or NT?
He would certainly seem like more a pass-rushing DE than a clog-the-middle NT.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neil-Still-Rules-14 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-23-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-18-2013), PhantomJB93 (11-23-2013), SH-Rock (12-19-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #14
SH-Rock
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,695
Member Number: 15497
Thanks: 1,002
Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,128 Posts
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
The upside on this kid is scary. There's an article talking about how he might be the next Geno Atkins. This kid might have pushed himself into the conversation of a first round pick.

I wouldn't mind spending our second round pick on the kid. He's local and has shown that his upside is high. Kick McLendon to DE and let this kid anchor the line with Heyward on the other side. It's not a bad idea at all.
Geno Atkins in college wasn't even close to being the projected Geno Atkins in the NFL.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SH-Rock For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-23-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-18-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #15
Black Gold
Bench Warmer
 
Black Gold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London
Posts: 244
Gender: Male
Member Number: 25445
Thanks: 81
Thanked 312 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
He would certainly seem like more a pass-rushing DE than a clog-the-middle NT.
RE. Aaron DonaId. Agreed he's not a 2 gapper. He's not a NT for us. Anyway it's offence turn in the 1st rounder this year.
__________________
www.londonblitz.com
Black Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Gold For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-23-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-18-2013)
Old 11-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #16
PhantomJB93
Team President
 
PhantomJB93's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 2,155
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13907
Thanks: 536
Thanked 1,141 Times in 543 Posts
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Aaron Donald would 100% play DE in our system. Not even close to having the build of a NT. He will be a good DE or 4-3 DT in the NFL but I'm not sure he's what we need right now with Heyward developing well and far more pressing needs at NT, CB, and S. I think he's worth a 2nd round pick but I'm not sure I'd use ours on him if a good CB or S or TE was left. I don't think I'd hesitate to use our 3rd on him if he somehow dropped that far, which he actually might as he's pretty undersized height-wise to play DL or OLB
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #17
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 10,971
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 11,849
Thanked 14,896 Times in 6,116 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Round 1)

Pittsburgh Steelers: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame

The Steelers could use some young talent for their defensive line. Casey Hampton was let go. Ziggy Hood is entering free agency and may not be worth re-signing in the long term. Brett Keisel is 35 and has two sacks this season. Cameron Heyward has three sacks in 2013 and only had 2.5 sacks as a backup the previous two seasons. If the Steelers draft Nix, Steve McLendon could move to end.

Nix (6-3, 340) was a stud in 2012. He was a disruptive force at the line of scrimmage, and his stats don't illustrate how much he dominated interior offensive linemen. The havoc Nix caused helped Stephon Tuitt and Manti Te'o to make plays. Nix totaled 50 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, five passes batted and one forced fumble for the season.

In 2013, Nix recorded 27 tackles with two tackles for a loss. He played well against Michigan, totaling four tackles and a tackle for a loss, and was very disruptive at the point of attack. Nix started slowly against USC before playing well in the final three quarters. His contribution to the pass rush is greater than the numbers indicate. Nix is out for the rest of the year after choosing to undergo knee surgery. He had been playing with a torn meniscus and went to Dr. James Andrews to have the knee fixed.

http://walterfootball.com/index.php
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 02:06 AM   #18
BigBenSkiParty91
Water Boy
 
BigBenSkiParty91's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Salinas,California
Posts: 33
Gender: Male
Member Number: 25635
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Many of us would want to add some depth to our offensive line because it really never fails year in and year out something has to happen to our O-Line. We forget how good we really can be when we are giving Big Ben and our offense some time. However I think if we drafted another WR it really wouldn't hurt. #84 is a superstar and there is no denying that but just imagine how unstoppable we would be if we drafted someone that would take the attention off of brown ?
__________________
Quote:
I think it's a sign of a good football team when you come out and not play your best football and still win the game
Bill Cowher
BigBenSkiParty91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBenSkiParty91 For This Useful Post:
CNEW (12-19-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #19
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,305
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,285
Thanked 25,671 Times in 10,410 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Round 1)

Pittsburgh Steelers: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame

The Steelers could use some young talent for their defensive line. Casey Hampton was let go. Ziggy Hood is entering free agency and may not be worth re-signing in the long term. Brett Keisel is 35 and has two sacks this season. Cameron Heyward has three sacks in 2013 and only had 2.5 sacks as a backup the previous two seasons. If the Steelers draft Nix, Steve McLendon could move to end.

Nix (6-3, 340) was a stud in 2012. He was a disruptive force at the line of scrimmage, and his stats don't illustrate how much he dominated interior offensive linemen. The havoc Nix caused helped Stephon Tuitt and Manti Te'o to make plays. Nix totaled 50 tackles, 7.5 tackles for a loss, two sacks, five passes batted and one forced fumble for the season.

In 2013, Nix recorded 27 tackles with two tackles for a loss. He played well against Michigan, totaling four tackles and a tackle for a loss, and was very disruptive at the point of attack. Nix started slowly against USC before playing well in the final three quarters. His contribution to the pass rush is greater than the numbers indicate. Nix is out for the rest of the year after choosing to undergo knee surgery. He had been playing with a torn meniscus and went to Dr. James Andrews to have the knee fixed.

http://walterfootball.com/index.php
Louis Nix... fuck yeah!!!
Coming again, to save the mutha fuckin' D, yeah.

Louis Nix... fuck yeah!!!
Nose tackle is the only way, yeah.

teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-19-2013), CNEW (12-19-2013), Fire Arians (12-31-2013), harrison'samonster (12-21-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-18-2013), pczach (01-01-2014), SteelersCanada (12-21-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #20
bluesmanw
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 301
Member Number: 17712
Thanks: 1
Thanked 74 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: Those interested in Louis Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
It's just that I watched Ta'amu for two years, and when he was drafted, I was like "Cha-ching!!!" I truly thought that the Steelers got a R1 talent in R4 (who slipped, due to his shoulder injury).

Alas...

Honestly, I haven't watched as much college this year, and haven't seen Washington at all. (Side-note: I've seen three games of Washington St.) I'd be happy with any upgrade at the NT position, and I know that Washington runs a very good 3-4 (so, I assume that Shelton is at least "good").
For what it is worth, I liked the Ta'amu pick as well.
bluesmanw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluesmanw For This Useful Post:
Jbute162 (12-21-2013), teegre (12-18-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts