Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,761 Times in 7,506 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Honestly... Big Ben > Peyton Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
Poor PATS16N0 came in with a peace pipe, and he got bashed over the head with it.

I guess some Steeler fans aren't too happy with some of your previous posts, and they don't care about or trust your reasons for posting Pro-Big Ben commentary.

Enjoy your pipe beating.....
Yep.
He's Jeffrey Dahmer.

Good conversation, interesting back & forth... followed by a beheading... and a chemical bath.

In other words: no matter how many positive attributes, some things can simply never be undone.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-27-2013), pczach (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,281 Times in 1,401 Posts

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-28-2013), harrison'samonster (11-27-2013), JonM229 (11-28-2013), Lady Steel (11-29-2013), Steelstoned1972 (11-27-2013), teegre (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Pwned

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GBMelBlount For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-27-2013), JonM229 (11-28-2013), pczach (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Was the defensive line and the luckiest bullshit of all time.

Not Eli.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #15
Confounding Factor
Starter

Member Number: 25099
My Mood: Cynical

THE DEFENSIVE LINE!!

Confounding Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Confounding Factor For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-27-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,128 Times in 3,910 Posts

SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-28-2013), harrison'samonster (11-27-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-28-2013), NSMaster56 (11-28-2013), pczach (11-28-2013), teegre (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #17
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Giants are a great team to watch. They've gotten it done in the trenches over the years and have a QB who can put the team on his shoulders and win the game. Plus they've made the patriots their bitches twice now.

pczach (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,281 Times in 1,401 Posts

i'll address some of your points..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATS16N0 View Post
Let's be honest, the Tom Brady v Peyton Manning debate is a laughable debate rehashed every season by ratings-driven morons. On top of that, a lot of sports analysts are ex-athletes, so I think it's fair to say a lot of them just aren't THAT bright. The network guys are (NBC, CBS, Fox, etc) but the ESPN guys are just idiots.

There is no debate here. 10-4 in head to head and 5 SB appearances isn't a rivalry. It's complete domination. Everytime ESPN brings it up now I /facepalm.

So moving on, how about Big Ben vrs. Peyton Manning?

I'm a firm believer that regular season stat-compiling is only a feather in your hat if your hat is woven from post season performances. It isn't in the regular season that you meet the toughest defenses and the toughest teams, and I frankly could care less if all someone can do is look pretty against the Jaguars and the Raiders in September.

If you were building a football franchise, would you take Big Ben over Peyton Manning?

I would.

Here's why:

1. I always thought QBR was sort of stupid and kind of an invention of ESPN, but I'll use it here. Ben's QBR in cold weather games is pretty solid, and the road to NFL championships generally passes through the elements. Peyton is only good if you build him a dome that's built inside a heated biodome.

2. The guy plays with an offensive line made of swiss cheese.
Can you even imagine Peyton Manning playing under center behind the Steelers offensive line? ROFL!
That shit would be hilarious. I think Benny Hill music just picturing it.
brady also folds like a cheap tent when he's under pressure. see SB loses.
3. Big Ben is good at real football. Peyton Manning is good for fantasy football.
18 - 1* he put up a hell of a lot of fantasy points and lost to a huge under dog
4. All of Peyton Manning's teams have been built to surround him with elite offensive weapons and he still sucks when it matters the most. Ben played better in REAL FOOTBALL CONDITIONS his ROOKIE SEASON then Peyton has EVER played in similar conditions, despite all his weapons.

5. Leadership. Peyton Manning's demeanor on the sideline in the face of adversity is honestly worse then Jay Cutler's when he's having his period. Who the hell could ever be inspired to take it to the next level with pouty-face sulking like a baby on the sidelines? Not a huge fan of some of Ben's media antics, but he takes the bull by the horns when the chips are down, or in the very least tries to.
Peyton just mopes around every time someone smacks the silver spoon out of his mouth.
yup...tom is always calm and cool..

6. Clutch play. Ben's had his ups and downs when it comes to clutch performances, but the ups mostly outweigh the downs.

Peyton on the other hand is the least clutch QB in the history of the NFL, with a post season record that's nothing short of pathetic after 17 weeks of stat-padding against the Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Raiders, Chargers and -before this year- Chiefs.

ESPN would cry about this, but ESPN mostly employees idiotic fools more suited to be MTV VG's then NFL analysts. I would take Ben Roethlisberger over Peyton Manning any day.

Would rather grind out regular season wins in a tough division and have a chance in the tournament than look pretty against AFC South/West scrubs and go down rather pathetically my first post season game.
tough division ??? i know the jets , dolphins and bills have been powerhouses the last dozen or so years , but...
Ben > Peyton.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-28-2013), harrison'samonster (11-27-2013), NSMaster56 (11-28-2013)
Old 11-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #19
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATS16N0 View Post
Was the defensive line and the luckiest bullshit of all time.

Not Eli.
Like decade ago when Brady won 3 rings?
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kan_t For This Useful Post:
pczach (11-28-2013)
Old 11-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #20
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

MasterofPuppets:

All your points are bad and you should feel bad for trying to make them.

Quote:
brady also folds like a cheap tent when he's under pressure. see SB loses.
Brady orchestrated very late 4th quarter drives in both of those Superbowl's to put the Patriots in the lead, or didn't you watch them? Just because they were relatively low scoring games, the first more than the second, doesn't mean he folded under pressure.

Folding under pressure and getting sacked and hurried and beat up by a pass rush aren't the same thing. Guess you don't know the difference.

Quote:
18 - 1* he put up a hell of a lot of fantasy points and lost to a huge under dog
Any team is going to be an underdog to an undefeated football team in the Superbowl. They played in the regular season too, and it was a really close game.

More over, the difference here is one quarterback puts up great statistics in the regular season and also defeats GOOD POST SEASON TEAMS and the other one puts up great statistics and DOESN'T.

Guess you don't understand the difference.

Quote:
yup...tom is always calm and cool..
Getting fired up and flipping out and jacking his team mates up and doing his Brady isn't the same as sitting on the bench pouting like a sad sack.

I guess you don't understand the difference.

Quote:
tough division ??? i know the jets , dolphins and bills have been powerhouses the last dozen or so years , but...
The Jets went to back to back AFC Championships, always have a top tier defense, had Chad Pennington, Bret Favre, etc. Comparing the AFC East to the Jags and the Titans is a pretty bad joke.

When did the Jags, Titans or Texans of the last decade go to back to back AFC Championships or have a top ranked defense needing overcoming?

Answer: Never.

Guess you don't understand the difference.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote