Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-06-2006, 07:20 AM   #31
Authentic Jerseys
Water Boy

Member Number: 2461
Default Re: New on the Rumor Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2hines=6
i dont understand people being high up on this cedric humes guy....he fumbles the ball, which everybody knows we dont put up with....tj is young and has extreme leg power to bust through pretty much anything.....this guy would be great in back and gold....and no way we give up a third rounder...its not like the falcons want him there...if we get him its gonna be for maybe a 4th but more likely a 5th or 6th
Humes fumbled due to the larger collge ball. The scouts reported on the length of his forearms. They are short, as compared to your proto-typical back. The analysis was, the smaller pro ball will not be a factor. Some are saying, with the right system, Humes "could" be a version of Earl Cambell.
Authentic Jerseys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #32
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

i'm huge on Lendale white I think we should have drafted him. I think he has a huge amount of potential and would have been a perfect fit in our system. Call me stupid but I think we passed on earl campbell. But I also think Duckett would be a good fit in our system. He is a power back. And power back have a great history under cowhers system
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:47 AM   #33
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

They said white spent his off season working out at taco bell

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #34
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2hines=6
i dont understand people being high up on this cedric humes guy....he fumbles the ball, which everybody knows we dont put up with....tj is young and has extreme leg power to bust through pretty much anything.....this guy would be great in back and gold....and no way we give up a third rounder...its not like the falcons want him there...if we get him its gonna be for maybe a 4th but more likely a 5th or 6th
I didn't see anything from Humes at VA Tech that suggests he is anything more than a short yarder. But we have who is probably one of the more underrated Steelers in Verron to give us not only short yards but a timely veiled passing threat - 10yd+ average when they do throw to him.

He doesn't bitch and complain and he knows the system. I'd rather have him at No. 2 if Duce breaks down.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #35
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
I didn't see anything from Humes at VA Tech that suggests he is anything more than a short yarder. But we have who is probably one of the more underrated Steelers in Verron to give us not only short yards but a timely veiled passing threat - 10yd+ average when they do throw to him.

He doesn't bitch and complain and he knows the system. I'd rather have him at No. 2 if Duce breaks down.
and duce hasnt had a healthy season in a few years. Not trying to beat a dead horse or anything but it just proves the steelers should have drafted a running back with there first round pick whether it be Deangalo williams or lendale white
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #36
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt

I think you are right I like Veron I think he fits the mold of what we need

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #37
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

I would love to see Duckett here...but the Steelers wont give up the farm to get him in a trade...

I still think Duce can hang in the Bettis role...limited short yardage and 4th quarter duty....150 carries or so...he can stay healthy