Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #61
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: XBOX One

There are currently problems in Europe and the UK with running satellite and cable TV through the XB1, due to frame rate conversion.

The XB1 is set up for broadcasts with 60hz frame rate, which is the US standard, but in Europe, it is 50hz. This is causing the picture to become juddery.

As for the Kinect. The functions you have explained do sound good, but at the moment, I am more inclined to wait and see what Devs do with it, and how it generally pans out.

I'd rather MS make me want a Kinect, than make it mandatory with their console. Especially as it's mandatory inclusion is reflected by the basic bundle being 80 more expensive than its rival.
Wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wagen For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (12-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #62
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Xbox One's upper-hand (cable integration) is now confirmed as not working outside of the US. Don't let anyone say otherwise: Kinect is NOT a system seller. It's barely ahead of the Playstation Camera. It's mandatory, and to top it all off, the Playstation Camera is a better voice recognition option with its powerful dual microphones. Sony will always make better hardware. They've been at this for a very long time.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Wagen (12-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #63
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Xbox One's upper-hand (cable integration) is now confirmed as not working outside of the US. Don't let anyone say otherwise: Kinect is NOT a system seller. It's barely ahead of the Playstation Camera. It's mandatory, and to top it all off, the Playstation Camera is a better voice recognition option with its powerful dual microphones. Sony will always make better hardware. They've been at this for a very long time.

The Kinect won't be a system seller without a game that shows us the kind of potential MS believes it has. It may even be a drag on sales until such a game is made.

MS have staked a heck of a lot on it. So I'd be surprised if they haven't got something in the pipeline.
Wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #64
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,737 Times in 1,691 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagen View Post
The Kinect won't be a system seller without a game that shows us the kind of potential MS believes it has. It may even be a drag on sales until such a game is made.

MS have staked a heck of a lot on it. So I'd be surprised if they haven't got something in the pipeline.
I like it just for the fact that I can use it to operate my system, and if you enjoy uploading your own gameplay videos the connect allows you to add your own commentary to your DVR'd gaming clips, and you can also shoot your own videos to add on to your gameplay clips or have it appear frame-in-frame with your gameplay clips.

So far I've actually used it in Madden 25. You can call your audibles, hike the ball, and perform other functions with your Kinect. You can also use it in Battlefield for to turn your head and look in vehicles, and you can turn on Kinect leaning. So if you want to shoot around a corner you actually physically lean over and your character in game leans. It's a bit of a touchy feature so you have to get the sensitivity set right but it comes in handy from time to time.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Wagen (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #65
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,737 Times in 1,691 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Just a clip I uploaded to Youtube today from my my Xbox ONE DVR and Skydrive. It's short but sweet, hope you guys enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSSAP1Kivwc
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Wagen (12-04-2013)