Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 2,153
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,113 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Guess I just wanted to say at least half of my football this week went well. My Hawkeyes went into Lincoln and whipped the Cornhuskers up and down the field. It was a good feeling after dropping the last two games we've played against them and listening to copious amounts of shit talk from Nebraska fans who after two years of being in the Big Ten already treat this matchup as some kind of age-old rivalry.

I must say it was awesome watching Bo Pelini put on his normal entertaining show of sideline childishness. He actually got penalized for getting into and officials face and then had the audacity after the game to say that it was a chicken shit move by the official. He also tried to accuse our Head Coach Kirk Ferentz of the same behavior and questioned why Ferentz wasn't flagged. You want an answer Bo? That would be because Coach Ferentz doesn't do this every game, all game long. It's an extremely rare occurrence for Ferentz to get very animated at all, and there are some fans in our fanbase that actually criticize Ferentz for his stone-faced demeanor because they see it as a lack of emotion/passion. Nice trying to pass the buck instead of manning up and taking responsibility for being a petulant child on the sidelines.

I believe that Pelini is already on the hot seat, and it seems he is trying to put that final nail in his coffin. I've never respected Pelini, and never will. I think he's an extremely poor role model, that he's ungrateful, and that he's a physical manifestation of how you shouldn't act as a college football head coach. If he gets fired, it's well deserved, and I'll be the first to say good riddance.

There's also the fact that a Nebraska player sucker punched an Iowa player and wasn't penalized, nor ejected. You stay classy Cornhuskers! But being honest, I think the players are just acting out in their coach's image.

All in all I'm just excited that my Hawks got the W and finished 8-4. Last season was awful. Fellow fans were asking me what my prediction was for this season and when I told them 8 wins I was looked at like a crazy man. Historically though the Hawkeyes under Ferentz have always bounced back well after a disappointing season and history turned out to repeat itself this year. We're likely looking at a Gator Bowl invite after the win. I couldn't be more proud of this team and of how they fought and represented our state after a 4-8 season last year.

For my fellow Hawkeye fans that might be on here.. GO HAWKS!


Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 11-30-2013 at 06:00 AM.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (12-03-2013), Bayz101 (12-03-2013), harrison'samonster (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,553
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,308
Thanked 753 Times in 397 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

I was born and raised in Cedar Rapids, lived in Marion and Des Moines for a number of years as well. GO HAWKS!


P.S.

Bo is a Ho!!
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 43Hitman For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (12-03-2013), IowaSteeler927 (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 2,153
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,113 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
I was born and raised in Cedar Rapids, lived in Marion and Des Moines for a number of years as well. GO HAWKS!


P.S.

Bo is a Ho!!
Haha love it! Go HAWKS indeed!
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Nice win for Iowa. Congrats on beating a big rival! The Bo Pelini press conference was fun to watch. He nearly blew up. No doubt there is pressure on him going into next season.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 2,153
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,113 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

I can't believe they haven't fired Bo Pelini. I'll be honest I despise the guy. He's got a poor attitude, he's a poor role model for his players and for the young adults and kids that are watching these games, and he's one of the sorest losers I've ever seen. They have the guy on tape insulting his own fanbase, he's been penalized multiple times for his sideline temper tantrums, and he's been caught screaming his head off at his players.

He actually tried to say Kirk Ferentz should have been penalized when he was questioned about getting flagged. He then called the call a chickenshit call. The guy can't even take responsibility for his own actions, always blaming everyone else but himself. To say Ferentz should've been penalized is idiotic at best. Ferentz rarely ever gets animated and when he does he has good reason to do so. In this game one of our guys got sucker punched, the refs didn't see it, it didn't get flagged, the perpetrator wasn't ejected and hence Ferentz was angry. He wasn't just being an ass because he can't control himself like Pelini.

Thanks though! Sorry to go off on a tangent, I just can't stand Bo Pelini.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-07-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I can't believe they haven't fired Bo Pelini. I'll be honest I despise the guy. He's got a poor attitude, he's a poor role model for his players and for the young adults and kids that are watching these games, and he's one of the sorest losers I've ever seen. They have the guy on tape insulting his own fanbase, he's been penalized multiple times for his sideline temper tantrums, and he's been caught screaming his head off at his players.

He actually tried to say Kirk Ferentz should have been penalized when he was questioned about getting flagged. He then called the call a chickenshit call. The guy can't even take responsibility for his own actions, always blaming everyone else but himself. To say Ferentz should've been penalized is idiotic at best. Ferentz rarely ever gets animated and when he does he has good reason to do so. In this game one of our guys got sucker punched, the refs didn't see it, it didn't get flagged, the perpetrator wasn't ejected and hence Ferentz was angry. He wasn't just being an ass because he can't control himself like Pelini.

Thanks though! Sorry to go off on a tangent, I just can't stand Bo Pelini.
I don't watch too much of NU, but I can agree with Pelini's attitude when he addresses the media. It's unprofessional, IMO, and based on what you stated. He's supposed to be the head coach, who sets an example for the players to follow. I think it's disgusting to swear, cuss, and make erratic statements to the public. Seems like Pelini is creating a negative aura as a result. This could have affected the Huksers' play over recent years. Since he arrived I don't think NU has any "HUGE" wins. They've lost a handful or two of games they should've won. i.e. the UCLA home-and-home series. Thus, I don't believe he has much more leverage if he can't win starting next season. The expectations at a program like Nebraska are high. I think the program, fans, and school thought Pelini was going to lead them back to prominence when they hired him. Nebraska's won 9-10 games and played in quality bowl games in his tenure. But, they have yet to reach the BCS and the National Championship. Pelini has failed to lead them to that next level, up from where they are now. I'd say if they don't show strides next year, he may be on the hot seat for 2015, or he will be let go. Can't see the program allowing any more of his antics...
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (12-08-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 2,153
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,113 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I don't watch too much of NU, but I can agree with Pelini's attitude when he addresses the media. It's unprofessional, IMO, and based on what you stated. He's supposed to be the head coach, who sets an example for the players to follow. I think it's disgusting to swear, cuss, and make erratic statements to the public. Seems like Pelini is creating a negative aura as a result. This could have affected the Huksers' play over recent years. Since he arrived I don't think NU has any "HUGE" wins. They've lost a handful or two of games they should've won. i.e. the UCLA home-and-home series. Thus, I don't believe he has much more leverage if he can't win starting next season. The expectations at a program like Nebraska are high. I think the program, fans, and school thought Pelini was going to lead them back to prominence when they hired him. Nebraska's won 9-10 games and played in quality bowl games in his tenure. But, they have yet to reach the BCS and the National Championship. Pelini has failed to lead them to that next level, up from where they are now. I'd say if they don't show strides next year, he may be on the hot seat for 2015, or he will be let go. Can't see the program allowing any more of his antics...
Agree completely. It just floors me that he hasn't received his walking papers yet. I thought for sure after their loss to us that'd be the last straw. I'd say one more humiliating loss and he's gone.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #8
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Agree completely. It just floors me that he hasn't received his walking papers yet. I thought for sure after their loss to us that'd be the last straw. I'd say one more humiliating loss and he's gone.
Yep. May be the bowl game against Georgia.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #9
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 2,153
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 2,440 Times in 1,113 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Yep. May be the bowl game against Georgia.
I have a feeling Georgia is going to flat out destroy the Hucking Fuskers.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #10
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Iowa defeats Nebraska Nov. 29th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I have a feeling Georgia is going to flat out destroy the Hucking Fuskers.
Rematch is likely on the mind of the Georgia players and coaches. They've got a lot of injuries, but I think they can get it done. IMO the game will be close and back 'n forth. Could be one of the most exciting bowl games this season. Definitely has an exciting story line for the media. I usually pull for the SEC so I'd like to see the Bulldogs win here.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts