Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
OX1947
Living Legend
 
OX1947's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,893
Member Number: 723
Thanks: 214
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

I want their to be a petition to destroy the NFL and Roger Goodell. Roger Goodell is a scum sucking piece of shit that should be exiled to Sudan in a wooden box.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-11-2013), Fire Arians (12-11-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-11-2013), IowaSteeler927 (12-11-2013), Lady Steel (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #12
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 8,268
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 2,036
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,117 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

I would sticky this thread, but we have so many sticky threads that it'll just get hidden. I'm thinking of making a thread with a list of important threads to put all of the sticky threads in one. The only threads that'll be stickied besides that main thread should be the rules, and threads like this that deserve attention NOW.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (12-11-2013), teegre (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #13
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 2,809
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 3,553 Times in 1,599 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I would sticky this thread, but we have so many sticky threads that it'll just get hidden. I'm thinking of making a thread with a list of important threads to put all of the sticky threads in one. The only threads that'll be stickied besides that main thread should be the rules, and threads like this that deserve attention NOW.
Yeah I wouldn't sticky it. Save the stickies for more important things though I'm flattered that Teegre suggested it.

Bit of an update, I looked up celebrity Steelers fans and went around posting the link on their pages. I highly doubt any of them pay any attention to it but who knows. Billy Gardell in particular is a rabid Steelers fan. His facebook page even has a quote that "You can take a man out of Pittsburgh, but you can't take the Pittsburgh out of a man". I could honestly see him signing the petition.

I'm trying to think of everything that I can right now. At this stage getting the word out and just getting people to take one second to sign is the most important thing. If everyone else shares the link it'll be that many more people that see it.

Will this get us anywhere? Who knows? But I know one thing. A draft pick is a draft pick. Whether it's a 7th Rounder or a 1st Rounder every draft pick is important. Antonio Brown was a 6th Round Draft Pick, so sometimes those late round guys pan out and I'd hate to see us miss out because of this ridiculous penalty that's being levied against the entirety of the franchise.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-11-2013), teegre (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #14
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 8,268
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 2,036
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,117 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Yeah I wouldn't sticky it. Save the stickies for more important things though I'm flattered that Teegre suggested it.

Bit of an update, I looked up celebrity Steelers fans and went around posting the link on their pages. I highly doubt any of them pay any attention to it but who knows. Billy Gardell in particular is a rabid Steelers fan. His facebook page even has a quote that "You can take a man out of Pittsburgh, but you can't take the Pittsburgh out of a man". I could honestly see him signing the petition.

I'm trying to think of everything that I can right now. At this stage getting the word out and just getting people to take one second to sign is the most important thing. If everyone else shares the link it'll be that many more people that see it.

Will this get us anywhere? Who knows? But I know one thing. A draft pick is a draft pick. Whether it's a 7th Rounder or a 1st Rounder every draft pick is important. Antonio Brown was a 6th Round Draft Pick, so sometimes those late round guys pan out and I'd hate to see us miss out because of this ridiculous penalty that's being levied against the entirety of the franchise.
I just feel that with the mass amount of sticky threads we have that making this a sticky will simply make it even harder to see. I do plan on making a compilation thread and putting all the other stickies in that and maybe then this will be seen a little better, along with the rules.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (12-11-2013), Lady Steel (12-11-2013), teegre (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #15
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 2,809
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 3,553 Times in 1,599 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I just feel that with the mass amount of sticky threads we have that making this a sticky will simply make it even harder to see. I do plan on making a compilation thread and putting all the other stickies in that and maybe then this will be seen a little better, along with the rules.
I see it's now a sticky. Well thanks for the help! Hopefully more members see it and sign the petition. Got on to my Twitter page I haven't used since 2009. Been hitting up everything I can posting links to the petition.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (12-11-2013), Lady Steel (12-11-2013), teegre (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 04:48 AM   #16
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 8,268
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 2,036
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,117 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I see it's now a sticky. Well thanks for the help! Hopefully more members see it and sign the petition. Got on to my Twitter page I haven't used since 2009. Been hitting up everything I can posting links to the petition.
Yeah. I moved all of the excess sticky threads to a main thread, and i'll save a few spots for other stickies.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (12-11-2013), Lady Steel (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter
 
Blacksburg Zach's Avatar
 
Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 2,228
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24584
Thanks: 1,632
Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,058 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

I doubt anything will come of it, but I signed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Pessimism is not analysis. Vitriol is not discussion. Jaded opinion is not fact.
Wins are a team statistic, not a quarterback statistic.

Winning big will not earn a team two wins, nor will winning ugly give a team only half a win.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksburg Zach For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (12-11-2013), Lady Steel (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
Steelstoned1972
UNLEASHING HELL SINCE '72
Supporter
 
Steelstoned1972's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hall of Fame city , Canton Ohio
Posts: 3,167
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16903
Thanks: 4,703
Thanked 2,985 Times in 1,710 Posts
My Mood: Psychedelic
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

Signed it. If nothing comes of it , I say we start a fire Goodell campaign !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
__________________
STEELSTONED1972
Steelstoned1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steelstoned1972 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-11-2013), IowaSteeler927 (12-11-2013), Lady Steel (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #19
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,735
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 23,104
Thanked 24,514 Times in 9,933 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

Awesome work, Bayz.

Kudos, again, Iowa.

I emailed my fiends & relatives. Only 19,958 to go!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-11-2013), IowaSteeler927 (12-11-2013), Lady Steel (12-11-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #20
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Lady Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,923
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16396
Thanks: 17,651
Thanked 6,652 Times in 2,540 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Petition to Keep 2014 Draft Pick

I'm in like Flynn.

Thank you so much for your efforts @IowaSteeler927!
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-11-2013), IowaSteeler927 (12-11-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts