Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw
Question Member of the Week

OK, I'll be the one to shit on the parade... should admins/mods be eligible for this Major Award (cue visions of a leg with stockings and fringe)? It's kind of like Executives naming themselves employee of the month.

If this has been covered already, I apologize.

I appreciate all that the admins and mods do (hence the donation) and you are all very active in our community, but feel like this should be for those below the admin/mod ranks.

Or maybe my inner Buddha is coming out... someone show me the light!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,082 Times in 3,412 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Member of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
OK, I'll be the one to shit on the parade... should admins/mods be eligible for this Major Award (cue visions of a leg with stockings and fringe)? It's kind of like Executives naming themselves employee of the month.

If this has been covered already, I apologize.

I appreciate all that the admins and mods do (hence the donation) and you are all very active in our community, but feel like this should be for those below the admin/mod ranks.

Or maybe my inner Buddha is coming out... someone show me the light!
nah, the mods and administrators are just posters like the rest of us in my opinion. They deserve to be recognized for their quality posts.

and if anybody puts the brown noser smilie up I'll just die.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-20-2013), fer522 (12-22-2013), IowaSteeler927 (12-20-2013), Lady Steel (12-17-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
nah, the mods and administrators are just posters like the rest of us in my opinion. They deserve to be recognized for their quality posts.

and if anybody puts the brown noser smilie up I'll just die.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,082 Times in 3,412 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
I'm still alive! A bit confused, and sweaty. My dog Ratsy and her good luck charm pet stink-bug named Horseshoe are ready to call the doctor.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-20-2013), Galax Steeler (12-16-2013), Lady Steel (12-17-2013), MasterOfPuppets (12-17-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

To me this is an award to have fun with on this board. We have alot of good members on here and this is what makes this board the best around. Not really sure why people get mad over a mod or administrator when they win the award but to me we have the best posters around. If I never get the award again that will be fine with me but lets have fun and do some posting.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

No need to put words in my mouth that I'm mad. Feel free to delete this so no one gets any more bent out of shape.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,615 Posts
My Mood: Tired

I don't know. I want everyone to feel as if there's no higher power. We are all just members here looking to talk Steelers (and various other subjects), but some of us have the ability to do other things too to keep the board clean and moving forward. At the same time it goes through my head "if this person wasn't a moderator/administrator, he/she would win Member in the Week in heartbeat!

This is one of the reasons I do it this way. Usually when we decide to choose a moderator or administrator for the award, i'll talk to some of the other administrators and moderators, and I even find myself talking to some of YOU looking for opinions just so I know everyone feels good about it.

I can assure you it isn't an "inside" decision when it comes to these awards. You may even find me asking you who you think deserves it in the very near future.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-20-2013), Galax Steeler (12-17-2013), Lady Steel (12-17-2013), SteelersCanada (12-20-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
No need to put words in my mouth that I'm mad. Feel free to delete this so no one gets any more bent out of shape.
Nobody is bent out of shape
Old 12-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #9
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I don't know. I want everyone to feel as if there's no higher power. We are all just members here looking to talk Steelers (and various other subjects), but some of us have the ability to do other things too to keep the board clean and moving forward. At the same time it goes through my head "if this person wasn't a moderator/administrator, he/she would win Member in the Week in heartbeat!

This is one of the reasons I do it this way. Usually when we decide to choose a moderator or administrator for the award, i'll talk to some of the other administrators and moderators, and I even find myself talking to some of YOU looking for opinions just so I know everyone feels good about it.

I can assure you it isn't an "inside" decision when it comes to these awards. You may even find me asking you who you think deserves it in the very near future.
Again, putting words in my mouth... I don't think it's an inside job nor am I mad about it. The winners are great members that I definitely don't have qualms about. Admins and mods are in those roles for a reason, you guys/gals keep this running and do it very well or else the torches and pitchforks would be out. My point was that admins/mods already have the recognition of being great members of this board by their additional role(s) on the board.

I guess, to me, when an admin/mod get the "award" it's a 'well, duh' moment for me because you all keep this beast running and put in a lot of unpaid time. All the admins/mods could get it every week, imho.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #10
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,615 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Again, putting words in my mouth... I don't think it's an inside job nor am I mad about it. The winners are great members that I definitely don't have qualms about. Admins and mods are in those roles for a reason, you guys/gals keep this running and do it very well or else the torches and pitchforks would be out. My point was that admins/mods already have the recognition of being great members of this board by their additional role(s) on the board.

I guess, to me, when an admin/mod get the "award" it's a 'well, duh' moment for me because you all keep this beast running and put in a lot of unpaid time. All the admins/mods could get it every week, imho.
I see what you're saying. When we choose a winner what always comes into consideration, first and foremost, is what a user does on the forum. What posts they've made, what topics they've contributed to. The Administrators and Moderators will always be appreciated for what they do to keep the forum clean and to improve and manage it, but I feel that sometimes Administrators and Moderators can go out of there way to be great forum contributors outside of those regards, too.

We've given out 21 Member of the Week awards since the system was implemented, and a moderator or administrator has won the award 5 times. I know recently I've even asked past winners who they thought deserved to be a new winner, and on multiple occasions a member of the moderators or administrators came up. I will obviously take a change into consideration (as I do with everything) and see what everyone's opinion is. I was even considering a nominee and voting system for Member of the Week over what we do now, but that seems like a lot of work for something that happens every week.

Sorry if I put any words into your mouth. This whole thing has been sort of a running joke among members so I have a heard time reading certain things.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-20-2013), harrison'samonster (12-17-2013), Lady Steel (12-18-2013)