Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #11
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: Battlefield 4 is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I will say that this patch hasn't done anything that I've noticed that has fixed the game. Conquest still crashes to the home screen, and I feel like there's more lag going on since the update.
I played a 64-man match of conquest last night without any issues. Only time I lag is when i'm uploading game footage in the background, and that's obviously because my upload speed is being used. I have heard that the PS4 version has been overall stable whereas the Xbox One version has had some serious issues. Not sure why, really. Both consoles use the same AMD technology.

Have you had success with other game modes? I played a few games of TDM, a game of 64 player Conquest and a match of Defuse before getting of yesterday. I had a squad of about 3 with me throughout the time, as well, and I was uploading footage at one point without much trouble. I'm assuming DICE is having problems with the Xbox One platform that they haven't spoke about because it shouldn't have taken them as long as it did to release the patch.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #12
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed

Looks like Xbox One got the update PS4 got on December 5th. We recently got another updated that increased stability even further on December 11th. You should be getting that one next. Maybe it'll improve things. I never experienced any noticeable issues at all with the game, but I did notice the updates made things load faster and improved the server browser.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (12-16-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,732 Times in 809 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

This game is still broken. DICE really shit the bed with this launch. They have a history of releasing games with tons of bugs and issues. Normally I defend them and give them a little bit of time but I think there's been something like 2-3 patches for the 360/PS3/PS4/PC and only one for the Xbox ONE. Their remedy for all of these headaches was a free crappy sight for the 1911 pistol, and a week of double XP which was so epically pointless considering the issues with people losing stats, and the bugs causing the game to crash to the home screen.

Really frustrating. Somewhere underneath this veil of game-breaking bugs is a fantastic game. I know it because I experience it up and until those game breaking glitches occur.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,507 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
This game is still broken. DICE really shit the bed with this launch. They have a history of releasing games with tons of bugs and issues. Normally I defend them and give them a little bit of time but I think there's been something like 2-3 patches for the 360/PS3/PS4/PC and only one for the Xbox ONE. Their remedy for all of these headaches was a free crappy sight for the 1911 pistol, and a week of double XP which was so epically pointless considering the issues with people losing stats, and the bugs causing the game to crash to the home screen.

Really frustrating. Somewhere underneath this veil of game-breaking bugs is a fantastic game. I know it because I experience it up and until those game breaking glitches occur.
As buggy as it is, it doesn't hold a candle to how buggy BF2142 was. You couldn't play more than one round before it crashed out on you. Bugs for days, and even with all that it was my favorite of the series. It's still so buggy that reinstalling it is virtually impossible with the broken update system.

I'm on PC and the bugs have settled down in BF4 quite a bit. It's back to the big issue being the cheaters now.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,732 Times in 809 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
As buggy as it is, it doesn't hold a candle to how buggy BF2142 was. You couldn't play more than one round before it crashed out on you. Bugs for days, and even with all that it was my favorite of the series. It's still so buggy that reinstalling it is virtually impossible with the broken update system.

I'm on PC and the bugs have settled down in BF4 quite a bit. It's back to the big issue being the cheaters now.
I always wanted to play BF2142. It's the only one I haven't played.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote