Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #11
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,652 Times in 2,540 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Sochi 2014 Olympic Games

For those who don't have cable, I think NBC streams the Games on their website. I know they did a couple years ago for the Summer Games because Comcast was pissing me off when the cable kept going out while I was watching an event, so I just got online to watch it until Comcast got their shit together.

Shit, shit, shit! Lindsey Vonn has withdrawn from Sochi due to a re-torn ACL. She has stated that her knee is too unstable to compete.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #12
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
There's legitimate outrage from Pittsburgh writers that Neal was left off the team for Rick Nash. The argument against is Neal plays with Malkin and thus his stats are inflated. I don't know how legitimate that argument is, but it's one that's being thrown around right now.

Anyways, it'll probably come down to USA - Canada again this year for Gold.
I'm not super outraged or surprised by Neal being left off. I can't imagine having to make the decision out of all those players.

I don't think the US even makes it to medal contention this year. Russia, Sweden, and Finland are all really stacked. And you can't sleep on Slovakia or the Czechs either. I think they'll play spoiler for someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #13
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
For those who don't have cable, I think NBC streams the Games on their website. I know they did a couple years ago for the Summer Games because Comcast was pissing me off when the cable kept going out while I was watching an event, so I just got online to watch it until Comcast got their shit together.

Shit, shit, shit! Lindsey Vonn has withdrawn from Sochi due to a re-torn ACL. She has stated that her knee is too unstable to compete.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/
I can't remember how they had it set up for the Summer Olympics, but I hope they don't make you enter in your cable account info to be able to watch the streams on there. They do that a lot now for NHL games they stream on NBCSN.

The wiziwig site I use to watch hockey and football games will have a ton of stuff streaming as well, just in case NBC is retarded, or isn't streaming what you want to watch.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/index.php?part=sports
Lady Steel (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #14
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
I can't remember how they had it set up for the Summer Olympics, but I hope they don't make you enter in your cable account info to be able to watch the streams on there. They do that a lot now for NHL games they stream on NBCSN.

The wiziwig site I use to watch hockey and football games will have a ton of stuff streaming as well, just in case NBC is retarded, or isn't streaming what you want to watch.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/index.php?part=sports
IIRC, they didn't make me enter my cable account info, but I don't really remember. If you want to watch it on their site and you do need that info, shoot me a PM and I will give you my cable account number. That's probably all you will need to gain access, so it's no biggie. We'll make it work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
SteelCityMom (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #15
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
IIRC, they didn't make me enter my cable account info, but I don't really remember. If you want to watch it on their site and you do need that info, shoot me a PM and I will give you my cable account number. That's probably all you will need to gain access, so it's no biggie. We'll make it work.
Thanks for the offer, may do that if I can't get into NBC and wiziwig isn't streaming what I want to watch (they'll have all the hockey games, I know that...just have to figure out the time difference lol).
Lady Steel (01-11-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #16
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

And finally, Russia. None of the NHL stars going are any surprise.

Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk top Russia roster

Tuesday, 01.07.2014 / 12:26 PM
By NHL.com Staff - / Road to Sochi blog

Russia will be able match high-end skill with anyone at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, but questions will continue to linger about the team's depth after the host country's 25-man roster was announced Tuesday.

Evgeni Malkin, Alex Ovechkin, Pavel Datsyuk and Ilya Kovalchuk lead a roster that will be trying to win despite the pressure of being on home ice. The Russians also will be trying to make up for a disappointing performance four years ago in Vancouver when they were blitzed by Canada in the quarterfinals.

Those four superstars will be expected to provide a lot of offense, along with former Nashville Predators forward Alexander Radulov. Andrei Markov of the Montreal Canadiens and Fedor Tyutin of the Columbus Blue Jackets are the two veteran NHL players on the defense corps. Semyon Varlamov (Colorado Avalanche) and Sergei Bobrovsky (Columbus Blue Jackets) are among the three goaltenders, while 2010 starter Evgeni Nabokov (New York Islanders) and backup Ilya Bryzgalov (Edmonton Oilers) did not make the team this time around.

The biggest omissions from the roster are Ovechkin's former teammate, Carolina Hurricanes forward Alexander Semin, and veteran Dallas Stars defenseman Sergei Gonchar.

Young NHL players Valeri Nichushkin and Vladimir Tarasenko are among the forwards picked, but top prospect Evgeni Kuznetsov, whose representation has cited a better chance to make the 2014 Games as the reason for staying in Russia instead of joining the Washington Capitals, did not make it.

Here is the 25-man roster for Russia, which is in Group A with Slovakia, Slovenia and the United States:

Goaltenders -- Sergei Bobrovsky, Columbus Blue Jackets; Semyon Varlamov, Colorado Avalanche; Alexander Yeryomenko, Dynamo Moscow (KHL)

Defensemen -- Anton Belov, Edmonton Oilers; Alexei Emelin, Montreal Canadiens; Andrei Markov, Montreal Canadiens; Evgeni Medvedev, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL); Nikita Nikitin, Columbus Blue Jackets; Ilya Nikulin, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL); Fedor Tyutin, Columbus Blue Jackets; Slava Voynov, Los Angeles Kings

Forwards -- Artem Anisimov, Columbus Blue Jackets; Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings; Denis Kokarev, Dynamo Moscow (KHL); Ilya Kovalchuk, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL); Nikolai Kulemin, Toronto Maple Leafs; Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins; Valeri Nichushkin, Dallas Stars; Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals; Alexander Popov, Avangard Omsk (KHL); Alexander Radulov, CSKA Moscow (KHL); Sergei Soin, Dynamo Moscow (KHL); Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues; Alexei Tereschenko, Ak Bars Kazan (KHL); Viktor Tikhonov, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-11-2014), Lady Steel (01-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #17
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

@SteelersCanada

I like your new avatar. It's on like Donkey Kong!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-11-2014), harrison'samonster (01-11-2014), SteelCityMom (01-11-2014), SteelersCanada (01-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #18
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
@SteelersCanada

I like your new avatar. It's on like Donkey Kong!
No sweat! We've got this thing. They'll be all bloated on maple syrup and Canadian "bacon" and the likelihood of the top half of their heads flying off while skating down the ice is extremely high. No way they overcome that!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-11-2014), JonM229 (01-17-2014), Lady Steel (01-11-2014), SteelCityMom (01-11-2014), SteelersCanada (01-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #19
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,433 Times in 4,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
No sweat! We've got this thing. They'll be all bloated on maple syrup and Canadian "bacon" and the likelihood of the top half of their heads flying off while skating down the ice is extremely high. No way they overcome that!

SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-11-2014), harrison'samonster (01-16-2014), JonM229 (01-17-2014), Lady Steel (01-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #20
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

So much for Canadians being polite. My ribbing of their "bacon" and free-floating craniums has finally broken them. They will now be distracted and off their game.

You're welcome, Team USA!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-16-2014), JonM229 (01-17-2014), Lady Steel (01-11-2014), SteelersCanada (01-11-2014)