Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2014 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #11
Pitt15
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24848
Default Re: My 1st mock of the year (1st rd only)

What is the story on Mosely injuries? If he is physically sound, I like this pick. Benjamin was my #1 but if he is 24, I may pass. Not sure the CB are worthy at 15, Watkins and CB (or Buchannon/Clinton Dix) in Round 2 would be outstanding. Although I like WR or Defense in R1, the Best Athlete looks to be a LT.
Pitt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pitt15 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-12-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #12
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989

If Auburns Greg Robinson declares and slips to 15 I would probably select him. Im not that high on Lewan or Kouandjio at that spot. If no IMPACT players slip to 15 they should explore trading back
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devin7558 For This Useful Post:
Sharkissle29 (01-12-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #13
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Let me preface this by saying your mock isn't bad, but it's pretty clearly built on the idea that Sammy Watkins would fall to us. It's like you put Watkins at 15, then worked 1-14 and some of the picks reflect that. For starters, the Louis Nix to Chicago pick is... confusing. A prototypical 3-4 space eater heading to a 4-3 scheme would be a bit off to me. Even if he's asked to play that 5 technique as the second DT, it still doesn't make a lot of sense. The Bears have too many other holes on that defense to go defensive line. The Bills just invested a high pick into Cordy Glenn to be their Left Tackle of the future, thus the Robinson pick would be a wasted one. The one where I was really confused though was the Mike Evans to Tampa at 7th overall. I have yet to see a board - any board, from any site and/or analyst - that has Mike Evans over Sammy Watkins. The 'Bucs wouldn't pass on Sammy if he's there.

Again, it's not necessarily a bad mock, I just can't see it happening. There are some huge names that are left off in favor of questionable top 15 guys as well. Khalil Mack and C.J. Mosley are two that jump off immediately.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
devin7558
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23989

^great post. No lie.
I didn't realize I left Mack out of my top 10. Fail.

I don't think buffalo will be picking a WR or that Cordy Glenn is athletic enough for LT. RT absolutely or at guard he has pro bowl potential. That aside Louis Nix played all of his college career in a 4-3 penetrating the pocket and Henry Melton is a FA coming of ACL surgery for the Bears. I feel Chicago will definitely address the interior D line.
devin7558 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devin7558 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

Considering how much people love Troy, I'm surprised how Sammy is a definitive pick if he's on the board, but everyone thinks I'm crazy for saying Marqise Lee would be just as big a pick.

He automatically elevates the offense. Yes...defense is a big concern, but rounds 2, 3 and 4 can be for defense.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #16
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbroughneck View Post
Considering how much people love Troy, I'm surprised how Sammy is a definitive pick if he's on the board, but everyone thinks I'm crazy for saying Marqise Lee would be just as big a pick.

He automatically elevates the offense. Yes...defense is a big concern, but rounds 2, 3 and 4 can be for defense.
What does Troy have to do with liking Marquise Lee? Yeah, we all like Troy, but I doubt most people here like him because he went to USC.

Marquise Lee wouldn't ADD anything to the offense. He's another 6'0 possession receiver with good, but not game-breaking speed and athleticism. I don't doubt he'll be a good receiver but he's not what we need if we go offense with the pick. We need change, we need a new dimension for the offense whether it be Sammy Watkins blowing by defenders down the field or Mike Evans leaping over guys in the red zone. I would consider either of those guys in the first but if Marquise Lee were the best offensive player remaining I would surely go with Nix, Clinton-Dix, Mosley, or Dennard if any of them were there.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
devin7558 (01-12-2014), harrison'samonster (01-12-2014)