Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,546 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Police respond to reports of active shooter at Maryland shopping mall

Police respond to reports of active shooter at Maryland shopping mall
By Ray Sanchez, CNN

(CNN) -- Authorities Saturday were investigating reports of an active shooter at a shopping mall in Columbia, Maryland.

There was no word on injuries but local scanner reports had authorities requesting multiple mass casualty units.

Images on Twitter reportedly from the scene showed mall employees hiding in a stock room.

The Howard County Fire Department on Twitter reported an active shooter situation at the Columbia Mall.

Both the Howard County police and fire departments were on the scene.

The fire department via Twitter advised people to avoid the area. CNN was first alerted to this story on Twitter.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/mar...html?hpt=hp_t1

They're reporting on CNN that 3 people are dead.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), fer522 (01-25-2014), harrison'samonster (01-25-2014), SteelerEmpire (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Police respond to reports of active shooter at Maryland shopping mall

Great. I work around that area frequently. My company's warehouse/offices that I work out of are about 3 miles away from that mall. What the hell is getting into people these days?

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-25-2014), Lady Steel (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts
Default Re: Police respond to reports of active shooter at Maryland shopping mall

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), harrison'samonster (01-25-2014), JonM229 (01-26-2014), Lady Steel (01-25-2014), MACH1 (01-25-2014), SteelerEmpire (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
I blame heavy metal and video games.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-25-2014), JonM229 (01-26-2014), Lady Steel (01-25-2014), MACH1 (01-25-2014), SteelerEmpire (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,546 Posts
My Mood: Amused

I'm glad @Buddha Bus and @MasterOfPuppets are here and accounted for. I was starting to worry.

They think the shooter might be one of the 3, but he had no ID on him so they're not yet sure who he is.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), fer522 (01-25-2014), harrison'samonster (01-25-2014), SteelerEmpire (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
I'm glad @Buddha Bus and @MasterOfPuppets are here and accounted for. I was starting to worry.

They think the shooter might be one of the 3, but he had no ID on him so they're not yet sure who he is.
i'm a 120 miles from that hell hole.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-25-2014), Lady Steel (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
SteelerEmpire
Living Legend

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,102 Posts

That shit "really" jumped off / started at a post office in Edmond, Oklahoma (about 10 min north of my location) when that guy "went postal". Since then it's become part of American society. Now when you go out you have to prepare to defend yourself from a rabid, bat shat crazy, rampage shooter. Thanks a lot f'n a-holes at the post office.

BTW, that particular post office is still there. It should be given some type of creepy national monument status by now.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelerEmpire For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), harrison'samonster (01-25-2014), Lady Steel (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,735 Times in 4,693 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
That shit "really" jumped off / started at a post office in Edmond, Oklahoma (about 10 min north of my location) when that guy "went postal". Since then it's become part of American society. Now when you go out you have to prepare to defend yourself from a rabid, bat shat crazy, rampage shooter. Thanks a lot f'n a-holes at the post office.

BTW, that particular post office is still there. It should be given some type of creepy national monument status by now.
within 50 years it will have an iconic status like Jack the Ripper does now. I blame catchy nicknames and horror movies.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (01-25-2014), Lady Steel (01-26-2014), SteelerEmpire (01-25-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,543 Times in 3,762 Posts

These shootings are always awful with some particularly awful twist - here is one for today's mall shooting

The young mother of a 2-year-old is one of the victims killed Saturday in a shooting at a Maryland mall, a family member said....

The employees were identified by police as Brianna Benlolo, 21, of College Park, Md., and Tyler Johnson, 25, of Ellicott City, Md....

Benlolo's grandfather, John Feins, told The Associated Press his granddaughter had a 2-year-old son and that the job at Zumiez was her first since giving birth.

"She was all excited because she was the manager there," he told the AP, adding that he didn't know who the gunman was or whether the person knew Brianna.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...-shooting?lite

All I can say is prayers for the victims and their families, since I have given up on praying for this to stop
Buddha Bus (01-26-2014), harrison'samonster (01-25-2014), JonM229 (01-26-2014), Lady Steel (01-26-2014)
Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 AM   #10
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
These shootings are always awful with some particularly awful twist - here is one for today's mall shooting

The young mother of a 2-year-old is one of the victims killed Saturday in a shooting at a Maryland mall, a family member said....

The employees were identified by police as Brianna Benlolo, 21, of College Park, Md., and Tyler Johnson, 25, of Ellicott City, Md....

Benlolo's grandfather, John Feins, told The Associated Press his granddaughter had a 2-year-old son and that the job at Zumiez was her first since giving birth.

"She was all excited because she was the manager there," he told the AP, adding that he didn't know who the gunman was or whether the person knew Brianna.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...-shooting?lite

All I can say is prayers for the victims and their families, since I have given up on praying for this to stop
Yep. It's things like this that make me think maybe we, as a society, deserve some type of biblical Armageddon. Time to cleanse the planet of the disease called humans.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-26-2014)