Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 07-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #11
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Re: King Prisco Tells You Who Is Over-Rated

The CBS boards are for flame wars started by 14 and 15 year olds.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #12
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Pete Prisco - lord of the hacks hs offered up another tasty treat for NFL fans - his latest list of who is over-rated and who is under-rated in each NFL team.

This is strictly an opinion based article, which I guess makes it a simple converasation piece - no more than that.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9542704

Some opinions that stuck out for me.

1. Edge - Overrated - If this guy isn't an 'elite' back then I dont know what one is. Has ran for over 9,000 yards in 7 seasons and hasn't faded with age - has put up 3,000 in his last 2 years alone. Wont have HOF TD numbers becasue the Colts prefer to pad Mannings stats in the red-zone but this guy is a class act.

2. Muhsin Muhammad - Overrated - Prisco disses Muhsin because he has lost some speed due to being 33 - which apparently is "not a good thing because he never had big-play speed"
Seems to me that a guy that never relied on big time speed is going to be least affected by the further loss of speed to help him gain seperation.

3. Rudi Johnson - Overrated - Rudi apparently is a decent back, but lacks 'big play speed' - seems like Prisco has more of an obsession with speed than Al Davis.
The facts are Rudi Johnson has put up almost 3,000 yards in two years since taking over as fulltime starter - and his average YPC leapt from 4.0 in 2004 to 4.3 in 2005.
Prisco suggest that change of pace back, Chris Perry, with 63 career attempts and 280 career yards 'brings more to the offense' - i'll let you make your own minds up on that one.

4. Corey Dillon - Overrated - In one breath Prisco tells you that Corey Dillon had injury problems last year and that his numbers were down as a result.
In the next he tells you that Dillon is now done, healthy or not.
If Corey had performed as he did last year with no injuries then I would back this opinion - as it is he did, and I don't.

5. Curtis Martin - Overrated - Everyone accepts that Curtis is pretty much done as a full time RB in this league - he has been a legend but old father time has finally caught up with him. For someone to be 'overrated' surely you have to have high expectations of him - a word to Petey - no-one thinks Curtis will run for even 1,000 yards this year - so he can't be 'overrated'

Anybody else have any comments on Prisco's highly sophisticated rating system?

NM
I got to tell ya ...I think he is right about Edge..Not that he isnt a very GOOD back and James WILL be an upgrade for the Cardinals..but indys O-LINE is underrated (Despite what Mainning says.. allowing very few sacks and opening nice size holes)...add that to Indys potent passing game..and you have EVERY opportunity to be an effective back.
I truly look for Edge to post decent numbers but nothing spectacular..Joseph Addai on the other hand may be rookie of the year.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #13
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
I got to tell ya ...I think he is right about Edge..Not that he isnt a very GOOD back and James WILL be an upgrade for the Cardinals..but indys O-LINE is underrated (Despite what Mainning says.. allowing very few sacks and opening nice size holes)...add that to Indys potent passing game..and you have EVERY opportunity to be an effective back.
I truly look for Edge to post decent numbers but nothing spectacular..Joseph Addai on the other hand may be rookie of the year.
Sure the O-line if Indianapolis is above average but I have seen the Edge get hit numerous times at the LOS or even behind it and he always makes the 3-4 yard gain.

I believe that it is the running game that the Edge brings that actually allows Manning to pass for so many yards - the play action is a real weapon for him.

I think this year Manning will struggle to rack up yardage and TD's purely because opposing teams D wont be biting on the run quite so much.

I expect Edge to put up 1200-1400 yards this year.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #14
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

*sighs* Yet another gem from another media jock sniffer. Seriously...does Prisco or any of these other guys know anything about the game?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #15
slashsteel

Member Number:

This has to be the worst under and overrated list, I have ever seen.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
slashsteel

Member Number:

X-term and Koopa both with the "suck it" campaigns. Did Degeneration X make a comeback ? ? I loved their intro in the WWE. Was top notch! Only thing I can't understand is why the skit was so short lived. One of the better ones IMO. Way better the NWO one than ran for years, at least I think so.....................
Old 07-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #17
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel
X-term and Koopa both with the "suck it" campaigns. Did Degeneration X make a comeback ? ? I loved their intro in the WWE. Was top notch! Only thing I can't understand is why the skit was so short lived. One of the better ones IMO. Way better the NWO one than ran for years, at least I think so.....................
DX sort of made a comeback...it's just Triple H and HBK...I was hoping X-Pac would come back too. I hadn't watched wrestling for years, but I tuned in this summer just to see the new DX. NWO was cool at times...the red and black was better than the black and white.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:13 AM   #18
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Sure the O-line if Indianapolis is above average but I have seen the Edge get hit numerous times at the LOS or even behind it and he always makes the 3-4 yard gain.

I believe that it is the running game that the Edge brings that actually allows Manning to pass for so many yards - the play action is a real weapon for him.

I think this year Manning will struggle to rack up yardage and TD's purely because opposing teams D wont be biting on the run quite so much.

I expect Edge to put up 1200-1400 yards this year.

NM
I can see Edge getting 1100 yards and 5 TD's...(but hope he does better) I DO want Addai to do well...I have snatched him up in almost everyone of my leagues.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote