Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #91
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599
Default Re: Ryan Clark: NFL players going to use pot

I smoke weed almost everyday lol... its all good though, they just have to get those workouts in to counteract the munchies.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelers33 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 12:27 AM   #92
j-d-s
Water Boy

Member Number: 25266
My Mood: Devilish

Pot should be legalized all the way... it's known that it's far less dangerous than legal drugs like alcohol or nicotine. (And i don't say that's wrong, driking some beer - especially german beer :D - won't hurt)
j-d-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to j-d-s For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 12:48 AM   #93
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,131 Times in 576 Posts

Weed is one of the biggest scams in American history. People have OD'd on water and never OD's on weed. These idiot celebrities are croaking by the dozens every year with all this pharma crap and yet, weed is still a schedule 1 drug. How stupid are people, seriously.
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (02-10-2014), harrison'samonster (02-10-2014), steelfury02 (02-10-2014), teegre (02-10-2014), vasteeler (02-20-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #94
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,950 Posts
My Mood: Fine

the herbal "weed" deep cover narcs use is pretty interesting - better than a reg smoke without the trippin

just sayin

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #95
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,492 Times in 3,335 Posts

Interesting thoughts by Ryan Clark on Michael Sam coming out - props to Clark for saying Sam will not be welcomed by everyone, including vets who hate all rookies (remember how Faneca said he was not excited about playing with a "little kid" when Ben replaced Maddox?). Clark is well spoken and ESPN clearly has plans for him if they went to the trouble to interview him by phone last night

Former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis and free safety Ryan Clark each said the time is right for an openly gay player in the NFL after Missouri defensive end Michael Sams' announcement Sunday that he is gay....

Clark said one thing teams will have to gauge while evaluating Sam is how he will be received in the locker room.

"The one thing we know about NFL locker room and NFL teams is it's the ultimate team sport and you want that camaraderie, you want that chemistry," said Clark, a two-time Steelers captain. "I think before he steps into a locker room people will talk to leaders in the locker room, leaders on their team to see how do they plan to accept him as a teammate."

Rookies are not always well received by veteran players. In the case of Sam, that could lead to questions of whether some players are aloof toward him because he is a rookie or because he is gay.

"This is the thing people have to understand about NFL locker rooms: It's a lot of ornery veterans," Clark said. "There's a lot of veterans that don't like talking to rookies. There's a lot of veterans that don't really mingle with guys coming in playing their positions or guys they feel like haven't earned their spots. So we've had situations where there are veterans that don't talk to the young guys or that don't necessarily accept them until they've proven themselves in certain ways.

"I think what we have to be very careful about is making sure that if a guy doesn't come out and say he's in full support just knowing he's not in opposition. Just understanding that for a lot of guys it's going to take some time to get used to that has never been through this situation. For us, it's about being patient with the whole process and allowing the guy to play football."

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-s...rt-michael-sam
Old 02-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #96
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
I smoked reefer for about 26 years before quitting 13 years ago. Alcohol came before the reefer and I used it just as I did the cigarettes that I quit 3 years ago.

This drug has been used as a tool for locking folks up over the years IMO.
Exactly.

I don't know why pot is always referred to as a "gateway drug". I smoke heavily (except sleeping and eating and sometimes work), and I think I can speak for most other users-- my "experimentation phase" as a youngin' started with stolen cans of Budweiser beer, and cigarettes.

Some people are open to experimentation, while others are not. There is no "gateway drug" if you are not interested in getting high.

Most druggie stereotypes are easy to break out of with just a few small changes in behavior. I like to think that I am a stereotype breaker-- I smoke constantly, but am able to hold down an engineering job. I don't have long hair, many piercings, or bear any of the usual accessories or physical markers that betray a stoner instantly. I am a loving parent, and getting ready to go back to school to get my degree in robotics engineering. I hardly ever drink anymore because I cannot stand the way it makes me feel (especially the next day).

As with most everything else in life-- it is all up to the individual what you want your "brand" to be. If you are aiming to get high-- it doesn't matter what you start with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (02-10-2014), zcoop (02-11-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #97
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,287 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post

As with most everything else in life-- it is all up to the individual what you want your "brand" to be. If you are aiming to get high-- it doesn't matter what you start with.
As a recovering alcoholic and drug user I couldn't agree more!

When I was active (now a little over 27 years and 6 months ago) I smoked pot and I never thought of it as addictive.
In keeping with what you've written though, I simply thought of it as "not high enough" and so I went on to coke and other chemicals.
I never thought of pot as a gateway drug as much as I just thought of it as something to use when the "good stuff" was unavailable because what I was aiming for went far beyond pot from the get-go.

That said, I never really got into the pot high anyway. For me it was too mellow and often made me more lethargic than anything else and I usually associated it with "personal" more than "public" moments (like smoking a joint and then laying back and listening to Dark Side of the Moon on headphones).

What I really wanted was something that would get me revved up and things like coke or crystal meth did the trick -- two lines of either made me feel as if I could single-handedly paint the Verrazano Bridge and that's the high I wanted.

Today of course, you could put a pile of any of that crap along with a supply of alcohol on a table in front of me and I couldn't care less because I no longer want any type of drug-assisted high.

I don't have a problem with anyone getting high - especially with pot -- but for me it all got out of control and I just see things differently now.

Do what you want to do, be safe doing it, stay in control and don't let it interfere with anyone else's right to do what THEY want to do.
Atlanta Dan (02-10-2014), harrison'samonster (02-11-2014), The_Joker (02-10-2014), vasteeler (02-20-2014)
Old 02-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #98
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Take this response out for a spin at your next job interview if the question of prior marijuana use comes up and let me know how it works out

You know why I never answer that question? I’ll tell you why I never answer that question. If I tell you that I haven’t, you won’t believe me. And if I tell you that I did, then kids will look up to me and say, “Well, I can smoke marijuana, ‘cause look how he made it. He did all right, so I guess I can do it, too.”

Senator Marco Rubio

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...src=burger_bar
harrison'samonster (02-11-2014)
Old 02-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #99
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,287 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Take this response out for a spin at your next job interview if the question of prior marijuana use comes up and let me know how it works out

You know why I never answer that question? I’ll tell you why I never answer that question. If I tell you that I haven’t, you won’t believe me. And if I tell you that I did, then kids will look up to me and say, “Well, I can smoke marijuana, ‘cause look how he made it. He did all right, so I guess I can do it, too.”

Senator Marco Rubio

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...src=burger_bar
My favorite is still:

BOSS:

"Why do you want this job?"

APPLICANT:

"I don't want this job, I want YOUR job.
But to do that I need THIS job first."
Old 02-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #100
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
My favorite is still:

BOSS:

"Why do you want this job?"

APPLICANT:

"I don't want this job, I want YOUR job.
But to do that I need THIS job first."

My all time favorite employee deals with questioning boss scene