Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,821 Posts
Default Terry Bradshaw: The Playboy Interview (March 1980)

Came across this through a link on Deadspin

http://mauryzlevy.wordpress.com/2009...boy-interview/

Interesting stuff for those interested in that time in Steelers history
fer522 (02-11-2014), FrancoLambert (02-12-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts
Default Re: Terry Bradshaw: The Playboy Interview (March 1980)

I wonder how much puntang Terry was pieing into during his prime? Man, he must have been ballin like Big Ben in a public bathroom stall on a nightly bases.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,692 Times in 7,888 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Sorry, I only read that magazine for the pictures.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (02-12-2014), Buddha Bus (02-12-2014), FanSince72 (02-12-2014), Gnutella (04-30-2014), Lady Steel (02-12-2014), pczach (04-30-2014), SH-Rock (02-12-2014), Steel Peon (02-12-2014), steelfury02 (04-30-2014), vasteeler (04-30-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,276 Times in 2,048 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I wonder how much puntang Terry was pieing into during his prime? Man, he must have been ballin like Big Ben in a public bathroom stall on a nightly bases.
Hmmm, I dunno. He was married thrice.

I think he had the hots for Jillian Barberie at one time, but from what I saw of their interactions on TV, she thought he was a doofus.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,098 Times in 488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Sorry, I only read that magazine for the pictures.
teegre (02-12-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,018 Times in 4,288 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Steelers HOF QB Terry Bradsahw Talks About His Stuggles In Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan)- Former Steelers Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw joined “The Cook and Poni Show” to discuss his appearance at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Inaugural Fan Fest to be held this weekend in Cleveland.

Bradshaw will join former teammates Lynn Swann, and Franco Harris along with others such as Joe Nameth Warren Sapp, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk and many others at this weekend’s event. It also includes the four-time Super Bowl Champion Bradshaw performing his Las Vegas-style one-man show, “America’s favorite Dumb Blonde,” on Saturday, May 4.

“When the reporters started saying I was dumb and stupid, it was the most painful thing I ever went through in my life,” Bradshaw said. “But, I decided to take the high road and put it into humor. I took it and made a living out of being stupid.”

Bradshaw says the days in Pittsburgh were hard because of everyone getting on him so much. He said even when he played well, they would say things like, “not bad for dumb guy.” He said it was painful and hard to deal with, but his ability to make fun of himself lead to many other opportunities including a record deal with Nashville that he got after making a $100 bet with a friend that he could get a record deal.

“I didn’t pursue it. It pursued me. I am a rancher. Always have been. It’s how I planned on making my living,” Bradshaw said. “It came at me. I was just smart enough to have fun with it.”

He still is having fun with it in his current job at the “NFL on Fox” on Sundays during the NFL season.

“It’s been a 20-year run,” Bradshaw says. “I like the entertainment value of it. I gave up on the X’s and O’s. It’s pretty cool what we have going on there and we are all buddies.”

It hasn’t always been fun and games for Bradshaw.

“There were so many defining moments. I was in and out of the lineup for five years and I was demanding to be traded,” Bradshaw said. “I didn’t understand the coach. I wonder why was the city so hateful to me. I never understood it all.”

Bradshaw said he always felt like he was never appreciated here, but he was tough and he learned how to survive.

“I had to get tough mentally to survive and I did and I am very proud of myself for being able to handle all of that stuff,” Bradshaw said. “So, in the end, it’s now fun and games.”

Bradshaw said it still hurts him to think how some of the fans were, but he has chosen to move on and turn his life around. He admits it wasn’t easy.

“It was a struggle, I would just go with it and say, ‘Why the hell do you say that about me? I did my job,’” Bradshaw said. “I’m not a guy who looks over his shoulder. I don’t look back. I move on. It does no good to stand in quick sand and look over my shoulder.”

Bradshaw also said he wishes he would have been more like Johnny Manziel, a guy who is not afraid to be himself “I like Johnny Manziel a lot,” Bradshaw said. “I wish I could take what I know and put it in a 21-year-old body. I would have been a totally different quarterback. I would not have taken the crap I took. I would have told them what I thought about it. I would have been a different person.”

Bradshaw also took time to weigh in on the future Steelers Hall of Fame QB Ben Roethlisberger, saying he seems to have really turned things around and he is happy to see that because he thinks the star player should always be the good guy.

“He is a tremendous QB and I love watching him play. He is really amazing,” Bradshaw said. “I always want people I admire to be good people. When I found out [Tom Brady] was a good dude, I pull for him more. He seems to be a happy guy and I am happy for him and his wife.”

Bradshaw said his one-man show will be coming to Pittsburgh sometime in June.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/...in-pittsburgh/
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,821 Posts

Wonder how much Bradshaw is getting paid to show up in Cleveland?

Since I lived in Pittsburgh at the time I recall all the grief he got until the Steelers started winning Super Bowls and that Noll and Terry had a difficult relationship. So i get why he does not have great memories of Pittsburgh

But Bradshaw has been living off the NFL as a player and broadcaster for 45 years now and is loyal to nobody in the league. This story about Super Bowl MVPs being introduced before Super Bowl XL in Detroit is typical of how he handles being asked to appear anywhere.

When the NFL unveiled its MVPs from the previous 39 Super Bowls, only three living members skipped the ceremony.

Former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana and former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw decided to stay home, while former Dolphins MVP Jake Scott was traveling in Australia.

Montana, the league's only three-time Super Bowl MVP, and Bradshaw reportedly turned down the invitation over money.

Both denied the reports.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=2321024

He won 4 Super Bowls with the Steelers and I appreciate that - but he is a fraud
Hawaii 5-0 (04-30-2014), steelfury02 (04-30-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,683 Times in 1,767 Posts
My Mood: Fine

he's the Farrah Fawcett of NFL HOF QBs - a HELLUVA lot smarter than anyone ever knew and severely misunderstood

crazy, but misunderstood

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (04-30-2014), Gnutella (04-30-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
Bane
Head Coach

Member Number: 24775
Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,171 Posts

I am disappoint. This thread has no Bradshaw vagina pictures.

I guess his new Norv Turner neck will do.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,443 Times in 526 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

We need to treat him better. In fact, we need to treat all our QBs better.
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote