Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #151
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: 2013-2014 Pittsburgh Penguins Regular Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
The only team that can compete and take a series to 7 games with the big boys in the West is the Penguins. Here's a (not so bold) prediction: the 'Guins are going to play the Blues for the Cup.
We'll see. After last year I'm not getting my hopes up for anything yet.

The West is stacked right now. Kings are slumping, but there's so many teams that would be hard to get past. Their playoffs are going to be fun.

Boston still gives me the heebie jeebies. The Lightning might be tough to get past if Bishop is healthy.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (02-02-2014)
Old 02-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #152
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,018 Times in 4,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
We'll see. After last year I'm not getting my hopes up for anything yet.

The West is stacked right now. Kings are slumping, but there's so many teams that would be hard to get past. Their playoffs are going to be fun.

Boston still gives me the heebie jeebies. The Lightning might be tough to get past if Bishop is healthy.
The West is pretty great, you're right. If we're talking top end talent though, the Penguins are really the only team that can go pound for pound with teams in the West. I'm not a Penguins fan, but those first two lines make them competitive. The only thing that might worry you guys would be the constant issues in net. It seems like MAF will be brilliant for one game, then completely poop the bed the next.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #153
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Gah, I've been slacking!!!

Since the Habs game, Pens have still been rolling for the most part. Wins against the Isles, Sabres (2 times), Kings, and Ottawa. Losses (bad ones) coming from the Coyotes and Stars.

Last nights game was against the Sabres, with a 5-1 Pens win. Goals from Zolnierczyk, Crosby, Malkin, Gibbons, and Neal. (some very pretty goals in there, especially from Crosby and Malkin).

Also, if you missed the Ottawa game, Fleury made one of his best (and certainly his most beautiful) save of the year and absolutely robbed Karlsson.

Fleury also now leads the league in games won again with 31, and has also reached 30 wins faster than any Pens goalie in history.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 02-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #154
blackngold8766
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 25200
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Gah, I've been slacking!!!

Since the Habs game, Pens have still been rolling for the most part. Wins against the Isles, Sabres (2 times), Kings, and Ottawa. Losses (bad ones) coming from the Coyotes and Stars.

Last nights game was against the Sabres, with a 5-1 Pens win. Goals from Zolnierczyk, Crosby, Malkin, Gibbons, and Neal. (some very pretty goals in there, especially from Crosby and Malkin).

Also, if you missed the Ottawa game, Fleury made one of his best (and certainly his most beautiful) save of the year and absolutely robbed Karlsson.

Fleury also now leads the league in games won again with 31, and has also reached 30 wins faster than any Pens goalie in history.

Malkin and Crosby's goals last night were sick. MAF looked pretty good last two night.

Like to see them pick up two wingers at the deadline.
blackngold8766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #155
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold8766 View Post
Malkin and Crosby's goals last night were sick. MAF looked pretty good last two night.

Like to see them pick up two wingers at the deadline.
We'll see. Shero's been pretty adamant that he's not getting any rental players this year. Bennett should be back after the break as well, and will probably go on the 1st line. See how he does there. I know he's played on that line before and done well, but he has been out for a good bit of time.

I think he'll make some trades, but don't think they'll be anything significant.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #156
blackngold8766
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 25200
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
We'll see. Shero's been pretty adamant that he's not getting any rental players this year. Bennett should be back after the break as well, and will probably go on the 1st line. See how he does there. I know he's played on that line before and done well, but he has been out for a good bit of time.

I think he'll make some trades, but don't think they'll be anything significant.
I think they have enough depth that they could trade two for one who remains under contract. That player though I think would have to be a top 6 forward. The window gets tighter with every passing year.
blackngold8766 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackngold8766 For This Useful Post:
SteelCityMom (02-06-2014)
Old 02-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #157
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

While they have been following and posting on Olympic hockey, it would seem that Angry NHL Fans - Pittsburgh (on Facebook) has started to go a little stir crazy for Pens hockey.

Fans aren't the only ones looking for stuff to do during the Olympic break.

Being slightly too old for new parts, Pascal Dupuis has his ACL rebuilt using parts from cadaver pigs. No word on how the Flyers felt when they woke up without their parts.

Dan Bylsma has sent to the US for some new coloring books to keep Peter Laviolette busy. Dan remarked that "Some of those 'Spot the Differences' books would be cool, too."

Team USA GM Ray Shero trades 4 chickens, and a promise of using more maple syrup during team breakfasts, to Team Canada in exchange for Sidney Crosby. As Sid leaves the Canadian team's hotel, he remarks to a confused Steve Yzerman, "You know, we don't even HAVE team breakfasts."

There are also confirmed reports that Shero traded a broken, empty Yuengling bottle, some expired catnip, and Peter Laviolette to St. Louis for T.J. Oshie before today's epic shootout was even over.

Filming for a new documentary called "When Good Arteries Go Bad", starring Tómâs Vokoun and Kris Letang, is constantly interrupted by Nashville's Pekka Rinne bursting onto the set and screaming "E. COLI IN THE HIP IS NO PICNIC EITHER!!!!!"

James Neal continues to try and sell a documentary about his hair.

Joe Vitale has taken to hiding in Dan Potash's freezer and throwing snow on him every time he opens it. Dan Potash has taken to looking for a new house.

Phil Bourque has been asked to stop calling Mike Lange's house at all hours, screaming "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?" and then hanging up.

Marc-Andre Fleury has taken up martial arts training, so the next time some official ignores his polite request to let him get in a goalie fight, Flower can just beat the snot out of the official.

Chris Conner and Brian Gibbons went off on a quest to find the "One Ring to Rule Them All", and called it a success after finding some epic onion rings at Applebee's.

Bob Costas' plan to have the most disturbing eyes in Sochi was derailed when NBC replaced him with….Brooks Orpik.

Chuck Kobasew and Taylor Pyatt are hanging out together, amazed that they could possibly feel more useless than they did when there was actual NHL hockey taking place. They invented a game where they do shots every time Doc Emrick says "scamper" or "sashay" during a game broadcast. Reports have them as absolutely PLASTERED after the Canada-Austria telecast yesterday.

Jussi Jokinen keeps getting emails from Tanner Glass with suggestions for punning all of Team Finland. Sample email exchanges:
Glass: "Put some plastic dog poo in Rask's locker and yell, 'Someone Tuukka shit in your locker!!!!'"
Jussi: "I don't get it."
Glass: "A penalty is the Lasse thing you need!"
Jussi: "I don't get it."
Glass: "Kari wasn't Lehtonen any goals!!"
Jussi: "I don't…stop it."
Glass: "Rinne is in a Pekka trouble!"
Jussi: "You know he's not here, right?"
Glass: "I got nothin' for Korpikoski."

12 days until the next Pens game, folks. 12 days…..

https://www.facebook.com/AngryNHLFans.Penguins

Old 02-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #158
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,361 Times in 3,289 Posts

This could go in the Sochi forum, but it also fits here

Longform profile of Dan Bylsma by the SI.com hockey writer at Sochi - link below

Uncommonly introspective, Bylsma leads USA hockey into the spotlight

He has co-authored four books, more than some hockey coaches have read....

But he has seen enough and lived enough and can scribble enough X’s-and-O’s that when he leads the U.S. into the Olympic quarterfinals, there will be no question that he is the adult in the room -- even if he once was the biggest kid.

http://olympics.si.com/olympic-ice-h...lsma?eref=sihp

If Team USA wins gold, Bylsma may get more pub than he did for coaching the 2009 Stanley Cup champs
Old 02-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #159
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,018 Times in 4,260 Posts

@Bayz101

Tweets in here bud.

Fleury has a cool new mask, but our slack moderator won't allow me to show you guys.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #160
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,056 Times in 1,790 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

HTML should be enabled.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (02-25-2014)