Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,684 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Default Keeping the streets safe

Austin police drag jogger to car screaming after jaywalking without ID

A Texas woman was dragged screaming to a police car in Austin, Texas after being arrested for failing to provide ID while jaywalking.

The woman, pulled to a police car in gym clothes, was captured on video shouting, “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

A University of Texas Student filmed the police capturing the jogger and placing her in an officer’s car.

“I was sitting at the Starbucks at 24th and San Antonio,” the student, Chris Quintero, told the Daily Texan, the student newspaper for the University of Texas-Austin. “Then I hear a cop shout at an innocent girl jogging through West Campus with her headphones on.”

Police told the woman to provide identification, Quintero remarked. When she wouldn’t, the officer grabbed her arm and placed her in handcuffs.

“She repeatedly pleaded with them, saying that she was just exercising and to let her go,” Quintero said. Quintero is heard in the video saying, “I saw you,” after the woman calls across the street, saying, “I was doing nothing wrong. I was crossing the street.”

Police then apparently called for backup. Two additional officers on bicycles arrived as the arresting officers were putting the jogger in the car.

The Daily Texan reached out to the Austin Police Department, where police spokeswoman Lisa Cortinas said police were working on “pedestrian enforcement.” Cortinas maintained that police weren’t targeting jaywalkers specifically, but instead focusing on pedestrian and bike safety overall.

“District representatives were working pedestrian enforcement at 24th Street and Guadalupe,” she said. “[In this case], the call is titled failure to identify.”

“I don’t think there’s any [jaywalking] initiative going on out there,” a second spokeswoman said.

After her arrest, the woman, who is not identified in the Texan, is shown screaming as she is secured in the car.

“I didn’t do anything wrong,” she shouts. “I didn’t do anything wrong. I didn’t fucking do anything wrong. I just crossed the street.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/2...ng-without-id/

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-26-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 8,047 Times in 2,782 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Keeping the streets safe

Well, now I can sleep easy at night knowing this scum is off the streets.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Bane (02-21-2014), Buddha Bus (02-21-2014), harrison'samonster (02-26-2014), IowaSteeler927 (02-25-2014), MasterOfPuppets (02-21-2014), NJarhead (02-21-2014), NSMaster56 (02-26-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Pffft... and liberal pussies want to do away with the death penalty.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-26-2014), JonM229 (02-21-2014), MasterOfPuppets (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,152 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Austin police drag jogger to car screaming after jaywalking without ID

A Texas woman was dragged screaming to a police car in Austin, Texas after being arrested for failing to provide ID while jaywalking.

The woman, pulled to a police car in gym clothes, was captured on video shouting, “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

A University of Texas Student filmed the police capturing the jogger and placing her in an officer’s car.

“I was sitting at the Starbucks at 24th and San Antonio,” the student, Chris Quintero, told the Daily Texan, the student newspaper for the University of Texas-Austin. “Then I hear a cop shout at an innocent girl jogging through West Campus with her headphones on.”

Police told the woman to provide identification, Quintero remarked. When she wouldn’t, the officer grabbed her arm and placed her in handcuffs.

“She repeatedly pleaded with them, saying that she was just exercising and to let her go,” Quintero said. Quintero is heard in the video saying, “I saw you,” after the woman calls across the street, saying, “I was doing nothing wrong. I was crossing the street.”

Police then apparently called for backup. Two additional officers on bicycles arrived as the arresting officers were putting the jogger in the car.

The Daily Texan reached out to the Austin Police Department, where police spokeswoman Lisa Cortinas said police were working on “pedestrian enforcement.” Cortinas maintained that police weren’t targeting jaywalkers specifically, but instead focusing on pedestrian and bike safety overall.

“District representatives were working pedestrian enforcement at 24th Street and Guadalupe,” she said. “[In this case], the call is titled failure to identify.”

“I don’t think there’s any [jaywalking] initiative going on out there,” a second spokeswoman said.

After her arrest, the woman, who is not identified in the Texan, is shown screaming as she is secured in the car.

“I didn’t do anything wrong,” she shouts. “I didn’t do anything wrong. I didn’t fucking do anything wrong. I just crossed the street.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/2...ng-without-id/
Not sure what the deal was, but who ever wrote this story clearly wanted to sway the reader.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts

haha! at first i thought the perp mustve been guilty of jogging while black, so i looked at the picture.

look at those fat fuck pigs! they just wanted to see her vagina up close in her spandex jogging shorts. what perv bastards.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #6
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,152 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
Well, now I can sleep easy at night knowing this scum is off the streets.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

What we need in this situation are some Russian cossacks to whip these out of control jaywalkers into shape.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,684 Posts
My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
haha! at first i thought the perp mustve been guilty of jogging while black, so i looked at the picture.

look at those fat fuck pigs! they just wanted to see her vagina up close in her spandex jogging shorts. what perv bastards.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #9
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 8,047 Times in 2,782 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
To be fair to those cops, she is wearing toe-shoes which should be an arrestable offense.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (02-21-2014), harrison'samonster (02-26-2014), IowaSteeler927 (02-25-2014), MasterOfPuppets (02-21-2014), NJarhead (02-21-2014), NSMaster56 (02-26-2014), tony hipchest (02-21-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 04:56 AM   #10
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

More evidence of police overreaction.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f2e_1393282760

This is a great video. Funny, sad, scary, and infuriating all at the same time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post: