Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #11
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: Jim Irsay arrested

Old 03-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,298 Times in 1,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
A whole family of scumbags

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (03-18-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #13
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,256 Posts

all kidding aside it really sounds like he knows help..

owns an NFL, net worth gotta be over 500 million.

and hes boozing and cruising likes a scrub
Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,682 Posts

Colts' owner Jim Irsay carrying $29K cash when arrested

Many other new details about Irsay's arrest are contained in police reports obtained Wednesday by The Indianapolis Star through a public records request....

Irsay was pulled over at about 11:40 p.m., near the intersection of Horseferry Road and Main Street, after a Carmel officer on routine patrol observed him driving erratically.

"I observed a vehicle traveling east bound that appeared to be traveling at approximately 10 mph in a 35 mph zone
," the officer wrote in his report.

"As I passed the vehicle I continued to observe it in my side view mirror. I observed the vehicle come to a complete stop on W. Main Street for no apparent reason. I turned my squad car around and began to drive to the vehicle's location. As I was approaching the vehicle it began to slowly move east bound and came to another complete stop in the lane of travel for no apparent reason."

While Irsay was at the jail, other Carmel officers took an inventory of his vehicle before it was towed to a storage facility. The report said those officers "recovered numerous prescription medication bottles containing pills." During the inventory, officers also reported finding $29,029 in cash.

The inventory turned up $14,516 in the briefcase, $2,513 in Irsay's wallet and $12,000 in one of two "laundry" bags on the passenger's side floorboard, according to police records. In addition to the pills found in Irsay's briefcase, reports said they found more pills in bottles located in the two bags.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/c...iving/6937551/

I guess he needed the cash in the laundry bag because he was waiting for a new debit card from the bank
Old 03-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,159 Times in 2,140 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Money laundering

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (03-27-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,203 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I observed the vehicle come to a complete stop on W. Main Street for no apparent reason. I turned my squad car around and began to drive to the vehicle's location. As I was approaching the vehicle it began to slowly move east bound and came to another complete stop in the lane of travel for no apparent reason."...

:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee9oqZDFI_A

Old 03-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #17
GodfatherofSoul
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,499 Times in 725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
The greatest line in stoner movie history.
Steelstoned1972 (03-27-2014), tony hipchest (03-27-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #18
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,159 Times in 2,140 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Irsay’s situation gets more complicated

For Colts owner Jim Irsay, an arrest last month on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and felony possession of a controlled substance (four counts) may have been the tipping point in a series of problems that, at a minimum, justifies careful examination by the league office.

According to Tim Evans and Mark Alesia of the Indianapolis Star, the arrest came less than three weeks after a woman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in a townhouse Irsay previously had given to her.

Police and the coroner are reportedly waiting for toxicology results before determining the cause of Kimberly Wundrum’s death. Per the Star, a police report determines that a plate with “white powder, straw, razor” were found in the townhouse, along with photographs of Irsay.

The Star report also raises the question of whether Irsay purchased the townhouse given to Wundrum with money flowing from Irsay’s ownership of the Colts. Because he’s the sole owner of the team, the decision to divert funds for personal use won’t be a problem — unless, of course, charges incurred for personal endeavors were reflected as business expenses.

Irsay reportedly had $29,000 in his possession when arrested, with the cash in a briefcase, his wallet, and laundry bags. That dynamic has not yet been explained by Irsay or the Colts, and it hasn’t received the scrutiny from the media that perhaps it should.

Still, there seems to be little disagreement on the proposition that Irsay must face the same consequences that a player would face under similar circumstances. When it comes to disciplining an owner, however, the financial penalty that best mirrors the standard punishment of two game checks for a first-offense DUI by a player could be a major fine that would take away two weeks of the money Irsay earns during the season based on his 100-percent ownership of the franchise.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,682 Posts

Ruh-roh

Link to the Indy Star article here, which includes this jab from Richard Sherman

Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman worries there could be a double standard. Writing on mmqb.com, Sherman contrasted the reaction to Irsay to the treatment star Philadelphia receiver DeSean Jackson received recently after being cut — reportedly for "gang ties," according a media report.

"Commit certain crimes in this league and be a certain color, and you get help, not scorn," Sherman wrote. "Nobody suggested the Colts owner had 'ties' to drug trafficking, even though he was caught driving with controlled substances … and $29,000 in cash to do who-knows-what with."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...rrest/7368789/
NSMaster56 (04-07-2014)