Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 07-24-2006, 07:15 AM   #11
cbalke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2602
Default Re: pennsylvania 500- who to watch/who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
...abc/ espn taking over with a rusty wallace led call team... i cant wait.

man, i'm anxious for espn cause i like the format they do for irl(especially keeping the screen while commercials air), but i'm soooooo not looking forward to rusty.

in full disclosure, i was a rusty fan when i first started watching nascar a few years back. but, he's always come across as such an arrogant ass that i really don't like watching the guy anymore. i wasn't too thrilled when busch took over his ride(i was actually hoping for mcmurray), but i was just so glad i wouldn't have to hear his damn voice any more.

oh well...there's always MRN. those dudes know how to announce a race! especially with good ole dave moody who hosts sirius speedway every afternoon. dude's actually pretty funny.
cbalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #12
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalke
man, i'm anxious for espn cause i like the format they do for irl(especially keeping the screen while commercials air.
NASCAR axed the idea of the split-screen...the sponsors won't allow it....

Jayski:

No Splitscreen option? No says NASCAR: Fans hoping that NASCAR’s move to ABC/ESPN would improve their viewing experience may be in for a rude awakening. Although the networks employ a “Side-By-Side” split-screen feature for its Indy Racing League coverage that allows viewers to continue watching the action while commercials play, NASCAR has forbidden ABC/ESPN or any of its other TV partners from marketing that kind of advertising. “We’ve looked at a lot of options to enhance the fan/viewer experience but feel that a split-screen presentation of ads and racing serves neither the fan nor advertiser,” says Ramsey Poston, NASCAR’s managing director of corporate communications. “Our TV partners do an excellent job of immediately returning to significant track action when it happens during commercials. With replays and other technology, the networks make sure NASCAR fans get the best, most comprehensive race coverage anywhere.”
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,117 Times in 3,089 Posts

“We’ve looked at a lot of options to enhance the fan/viewer experience but feel that a split-screen presentation of ads and racing serves neither the fan nor advertiser,”

i think they mean just the advertiser. thanks for the update, cause i was really looking forward to this feature next season. makes sense the sponsors would have no part of it though. just like it will never happen in the nfl. these advertisers just dump too much $$$ into the sport to not have a full screen with our undivided attention.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:19 PM   #14
cbalke
Bench Warmer

doh! that sucks. definitely DOES enhance the fan experience. don't know who nascar was asking about that, but it wasn't a racing fan, that's for sure.... :(

AND, they do NOT do a good job of immediately returning to the action. just this past weekend they missed frickin FOUR restarts! how hard is it to get back for a restart? the damn pace car goes lights out for one fricking lap before they go again...at pocono that translates to almost 3 DAMN minutes!

absolutely retarded. if they're not going to do it, fine, whatever don't do it. but don't bullshit us about why, you know?
Old 07-24-2006, 08:26 PM   #15
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I like the split-screen format, too. Bummer it's a no-go.

Oh well, I have PIP and don't have to watch those big 'ol commercials anyway if I don't want to.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:40 PM   #16
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Another decision which shows it's not about the fans...it's about the top guys wallets.

Too bad they can't seem to realize the spiltscreen is the best all worlds. As the cars go around the track viewers can see sponsors names slapped all over the sides of the cars while the commercials show even more advertisers. The other obvious thing is the fans would love it, not complain about the obvious excess of commercials, and see the other quarter of the race that's missed due to commercials. This would increase viewership not decrease it!

That's why I'm not a NASCAR fan, I'm a Matt Kenseth fan.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:52 PM   #17
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

You're right, Killer. I like to watch the IRL races, too, and I really do like the split screen feature. I actually like seeing an entire race if I'm not at the track!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #18
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

NASCAR has totally sold out to the big money. The heart and soul of the sport is gone.

If you want to watch real stock car racing, check out Hooter's Pro Cup.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:13 AM   #19
cbalke
Bench Warmer

I'm getting more and more into NHRA for this very reason. They do their sponsorship stuff too, of course, but at least they don't have the feel that they've completely sold out their sport to their sponsors....