Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,398 Posts
Default Re: G.o.T. who killed the king ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEW View Post
I don't see how it can be a spoiler when the episode had already happened and the info is already out there. It's not like I quoted the book or something. But my bad I guess
i don't know at what point the book connected the poison crystals to the necklace, but i'm pretty sure based on that episode that the writers and director wasn't trying to give the audience that connection in this episode... i expect in the future they'll give us a flashback to that scene just to give us that "oh shit i never noticed that" reaction. if there was ever a mention of "the strangler" , which there may have been, in a previous episode , it was so obscure that i'm sure nobody would have made the connection to that particular necklace.
unless they read the book. obviously they wanted us to know the fool was involved , but the question is , is the motive to protect sansa as he tells her , or is it to make her look guilty by running ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:16 AM   #22
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,074 Times in 2,096 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Man ruins Game of Thrones with series of novels full of spoilers

Mr Martin shown here with a stash of the books which he foists on unsuspecting people to ruin their day

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (04-17-2014), Wagen (04-17-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #23
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Man ruins Game of Thrones with series of novels full of spoilers

Mr Martin shown here with a stash of the books which he foists on unsuspecting people to ruin their day
I'm still patiently waiting for him to foist Winds of Winter on us. Apparently it will be later this year.

As for the TV show, even though it is in its fourth season, it still hasn't reached the end of the third book yet.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #24
JonM229
Team Owner

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 5,794 Times in 2,115 Posts
My Mood: Goofy

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #25
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,074 Times in 2,096 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Was it rape?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #26
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

well i guess now we can cross margeary off the list . i'm not really suprised that lord balish had a part in it , but he's obviously not working alone. this episode makes Tywin look like a major suspect which isn't a surprise considering the few times he had to put joffrey in his place.
the tyrell's still look guilty. Olenna tells margeary the "next" one will be easier. does she mean tomen ?
Lord Balish is supposed to marry lysa arryn and become lord of the vale. is his plan to marry her then kill her and her son and marry sansa which he then would control the vale and winterfell ? of course sansa is married to tyrion , so he'd have to die first , which it just so happens to look like it's about to happen ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #27
Wagen
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 25328
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
well i guess now we can cross margeary off the list . i'm not really suprised that lord balish had a part in it , but he's obviously not working alone. this episode makes Tywin look like a major suspect which isn't a surprise considering the few times he had to put joffrey in his place.
the tyrell's still look guilty. Olenna tells margeary the "next" one will be easier. does she mean tomen ?
Lord Balish is supposed to marry lysa arryn and become lord of the vale. is his plan to marry her then kill her and her son and marry sansa which he then would control the vale and winterfell ? of course sansa is married to tyrion , so he'd have to die first , which it just so happens to look like it's about to happen ...
You've been watching GoT long enough now, to know that nothing goes to plan, nor as expected, including the plans of Petyr Baelish.

Of course, the marriage between Tyrion and Sansa has not been consummated, so that would not affect Petyr's plans.

But the Boltons know that Bran and Rickon are still alive, and have plans of their own.

Olenna does mean Tommen, not to kill, but to influence and manipulate.

Other pressing questions are: What are the implications of Bran's powers? How are 100 Crows going to stop the Wildings, much less the Others? If Stannis is a spent force, then why hasn't he been killed off? Where is Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarion?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagen View Post
You've been watching GoT long enough now, to know that nothing goes to plan, nor as expected, including the plans of Petyr Baelish.

Of course, the marriage between Tyrion and Sansa has not been consummated, so that would not affect Petyr's plans.

But the Boltons know that Bran and Rickon are still alive, and have plans of their own.

Olenna does mean Tommen, not to kill, but to influence and manipulate.

Other pressing questions are: What are the implications of Bran's powers? How are 100 Crows going to stop the Wildings, much less the Others? If Stannis is a spent force, then why hasn't he been killed off? Where is Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarion?
as for stanis , this episode kinda confused me...at the end of season 3 , the Red witch said the real battle was in the north and they must go there. . so i assumed stanis and company would be heading north by this point. instead he's still focusing on the iron throne . i do recall when tyrion was explaining "loans" to bromm , he told him if you don't pay back the iron bank , they fund your enemies.he also said the crown owed them a huge debt. then once again the iron bank was brought up in the last episode during the exchange between Tywin and Olenna... now Davos is sending a letter to the iron bank , so i'm assuming it's to ask for funding. the red witch did say davos had a major part yet to still play.

as for bran , who knows. maybe he takes over the mind of mance raider , or the white walkers ..they haven't given much away yet as to his role or the limit to his ability, but his ability to control human minds is obviously going to come into affect. he was warned about spending too much time in the wolf's mind or he'd get trapped there.. maybe he permanently takes over somebody elses body...