Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Ty Law Signs With Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6
ty law is 32 yrs old. there were times when the corners did get burned. i they are still developing and they could of used a good veteren cb to help the progess out. and if the steelers want to open the passing game we can't rely on ward/miller and wilson who only showed up in the playoffs.. i HOPE that holmes is good as he says he is or we wasted a 1st and a 2nd round pick for him.
Of course there were times when our corners were burned - that happens to all NFL DBs during the course of a season. Ike Taylor has 4 years under his belt, granted not all as a starter, but from his play last season, I'd say he's gotten the overall scheme of things the LeBeau way. Deshea Townsend is a 9 year vet and while he wouldn't be lumped into the "elite" category, he is adequate at his position imho. Colclough and McFadden are coming along just fine, especially McFadden, and I'm pleased with their progression. While I have always liked Ty Law as a player, I don't feel that we need him or any other "veteran CB" to help the progress of any of our CBs.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:27 PM   #22
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Wait.........Ward and Miller only showed up in the playoffs? Your joking right?

What does opening up the passing game have to do with Ty Law? Were you planning on making him a WR?

There were times our corners got burned? It happens. They can't be perfect. Once again, we won the Super Bowl with those CB's. I ask again, what makes you think Law would want to be that "veteran teacher"? Eitherway, I still feel Townsend, Darren Perry and Ray Horton are capable of teaching our younger CB's a thing or two.
I think he was saying Wilson only showed up in the playoffs, which ummmm is where I wanted him to show up. Better late than never. As far as us signing Ty Law goes, it would have done nothing but hurt the team. We have 4 very solid corners 2 or which IMO would start for most teams (Deshea and Ike). I think Coclough will still pan out as a very, very solid #3 once Deshea leaves. I am more concerned abotu keeping McFadden than I am Ike, although I wouldn't mind seeing Ike having one more season that is on the brink of greatness, so his asking price won't be as high as I think it could be.

Bottom line, anyone who thinks that we should have tried to go after Ty Law can reference the Chiefs at the end of the season, when they have one of the worst passing D's in the league (Law is gonna get burnt non-stop).
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #23
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Whoops, I read it wrong. My apologies and thank you Stillers#1.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #24
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
Of course there were times when our corners were burned - that happens to all NFL DBs during the course of a season. Ike Taylor has 4 years under his belt, granted not all as a starter, but from his play last season, I'd say he's gotten the overall scheme of things the LeBeau way. Deshea Townsend is a 9 year vet and while he wouldn't be lumped into the "elite" category, he is adequate at his position imho. Colclough and McFadden are coming along just fine, especially McFadden, and I'm pleased with their progression. While I have always liked Ty Law as a player, I don't feel that we need him or any other "veteran CB" to help the progress of any of our CBs.
Well stated.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #25
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

wow...

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote