Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,064 Times in 3,066 Posts
Default Re: Holmes ready to get to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Sure, Holmes has made a pretty poor start to his career in Pittsburgh.

But I have to question what more he can do at the moment to rectify his earlier mistakes ; I would say not a great deal.

He has plenty of potential mentors in a franchise built on a strong team ethic, and a stand up guy for a coach.

A season without any more disputes with the law and a solid work ethic should see him ok - any hopes of him being able to cancel out his earlier behaviour by catching a ton of TDs for a bunch of yardage is just as unlikely as it was right after he was drafted.

NM

Reason for Edit : To stop Tony H ridiculing me further.
lol. this i can make sense of and actually agree with. im on record as saying that he could be mother teresa and not be able to live up to some steelerfans expectations. he is a rookie wr and he really wont be able to contribute until his 3rd season in the league. personally i feel the majority of the steelerfans dont have the patience to wait this long for a #1 pick.

the fans have already turned on him and anything short of looking like randy moss will probably see the fans wishing him to make an early exit.

then again weve got him signed pretty cheap for the next 5 years. get used to him steelerfans.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 07-30-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:36 AM   #12
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

That's a great thing that holmes is now focused on steeler football,and wants 2 make a name for himself in the black N gold.. Hopefully the guy has already learned from his mistakes, and I believe he already did,by the way he sounded eager 2 get started..

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Old 07-31-2006, 04:44 AM   #13
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Hmm!!
I read an article in Sunday's Pittsburgh Post Gazette that painted a different light on Holmes as an Unrepentant player that wasn't even sorry for the negative attention his off the field antics caused regardless of guilt or innocense and for pretty much calling Ben Roethlisberger a "Liar" saying that Ben never called him during the off-season and that Ben never left any messages.

IMO "Kordell" Holmes is still an idiot douchebag.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:43 AM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

"I had to do it, everybody else had to do it," Ward said, recalling his own days lugging veterans' pads in 1998. "We're going to treat [Holmes] like a rookie. He got a nice little signing bonus; we're going to get into that too. We're all going to eat good."

Bring him down to earth Hines and straighten him up.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #15
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
"I had to do it, everybody else had to do it," Ward said, recalling his own days lugging veterans' pads in 1998. "We're going to treat [Holmes] like a rookie. He got a nice little signing bonus; we're going to get into that too. We're all going to eat good."

Bring him down to earth Hines and straighten him up.
Oh yeaaa... A nice little rookie initiation going on there...(lol)! I love it!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:52 AM   #16
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
lol. this i can make sense of and actually agree with. im on record as saying that he could be mother teresa and not be able to live up to some steelerfans expectations. he is a rookie wr and he really wont be able to contribute until his 3rd season in the league. personally i feel the majority of the steelerfans dont have the patience to wait this long for a #1 pick.

the fans have already turned on him and anything short of looking like randy moss will probably see the fans wishing him to make an early exit.

then again weve got him signed pretty cheap for the next 5 years. get used to him steelerfans.
Hey I still like Santonio. I wanted the Steelers to draft this guy. So I will support him. But if he gets arrested two more times down the road. I might start to change my mind. Ok if any Steelers fan thinks that Santonio is going to put up the numbers that Randy Moss did in his rookie year. Then they don't have a freakin clue. With Hines Ward, Heath Miller as the first two options in the passing game. Then factor in the Steelers will at least run the ball 55 percent of the time this year. There is noway possible for Holmes to put up them kind of numbers that Moss did his rookie year.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:52 PM   #17
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
I heard on his way up to Latrobe he wiped out a family of five, raped ten girls (all underage of course), shot the sheriff and the deputy and ran over a squirrel.
]

A squirrel? Great. Now PETA is joining CODE PINK and the RAINBOW COALITION to converge on Latrobe. Hope the reporters can find some football to report on.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:05 PM   #18
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Good enough for me too... I can't wait to see him play.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:48 PM   #19
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

He definitely has a great mentor in Hines. I'm sure Hines will help him stay on track.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:00 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,064 Times in 3,066 Posts

he has some pretty simple life decisions he has to make. he can be the future and live up to the likes of hines, stallworth, or swann and work on building a legacy.

or he can go down the same route as maurice clarett or rickey williams.
Closed Thread