Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #21
Carolina Steelers
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 3009
Default Re: Men's Fantasy Camp

Check in was 5pm Friday night and ends at 1:30 Sunday afternoon.
Carolina Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carolina Steelers For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (06-02-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #22
pjgruden
Water Boy

Member Number: 25906

I saw you around at camp, Carolina Steeler, but didn't know you were the one who posted on this board about this event.

My own experience I had a lot of fun. I'm not much of an autograph seeker, but if you were there were ample opportunities to get all the signatures you were looking for. There were 6 drills in total, they were as follows:

Wide Receiver Drills-Yancy Thigpen: He had us do a bit of stretching first, then had us running different routes, mostly slants, crossing patterns, and fly routes. Some stations had a number of interns who would work with you as well, since the pro couldn't really effectively run the drill by themselves.

QB Drills-Bubby Brister: Bubby taught us how to hold the ball and where to release, as well as how to square yourself to your target. When you followed his directions it was quite amazing how accurate the passes were and how tight the spiral.

Kicking-Jeff Reed: He taught us his kicking technique. Basically with kicking it's either you have it or you don't.

DB Drills-J.T. Thomas: He had us doing a lot of backpeddling and taught us how to recognize when a qb would be about to throw the ball so we could break on it. Also taught us how to properly turn and run with a receiver so you wouldn't get burned.

Line Drills-Jeff Hartings & John Banaszak: They first had us doing drills were you would run through blocking pads strewn on the ground to help simulate manuevering through traffic. Then we were on all fours moving laterally and rolling. Once this was done you borke out and were taught how to come up in a stance to block, and they let us go one on one with those in our group in a back on backers kind of drill.

Linebacker drills-Marcel Pastoor (strength & conditioning assistant); He took the place of Jason Gildon, who had a family issue come up and could not attend this weekend. He ran us throughobstacles back and fourth while tossing a football to us, and had us run through pads on the ground and a dummy to simulate getting by a defender. We were also taught how to do a couple of pass rush moves such as a club and a swat.

All of the alumni who participated seemed like pretty cool guys. They were all very approachable and would shoot the breeze with you about whatever. Another unexpected thing for me was the comraderie and brotherhood you got with the guys who attended the camp. The guys that do this seemed like they were all friends. There were also quite a few opportunities to imbide in beer, if you're a drinker. If anyone is on the fence about going and you have the funds, I say it's a great time. One word of advice, though, bring sunscreen. I got quite cooked.
And, when you wake up Sunday morning you'll feel like you got hit by a truck from these drills.
pjgruden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjgruden For This Useful Post:
Carolina Steelers (06-02-2014), harrison'samonster (06-02-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #23
Carolina Steelers
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 3009

Good right up Pj, like how you broke it down and I agree its worth money to attend at least once if you could.
Carolina Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carolina Steelers For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (06-02-2014)