Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #381
Stairway to 7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24340
Default Re: U.S. Patent Office cancels multiple Redskins trademarks

It's funny, as the world propels itself towards more and more conflicts, the gap between richer and poorer here and everywhere else, fuel shortages to come, millions starving to death, slavery and exploitation rife in parts of the world - what do people shit the bed about?

Names of sports teams.

The absurdity and naivete of the political correctness generation astonishes me, egged on by govts and elites and the rich and powerful all the way i'll add, to ignore real issues and to make themselves feel better and sniff their own farts with their 'look at me i'm a caring human being' self-aggrandizing bs.

This is nothing to do with native americans it is to do with guilt riddled (all self inflicted) feeling good about themselves.

Do they give a flying fuck about starving africans and the rape of their continent over hundreds of years? nope.

But they're all butt hurt to hell over the Washington Redskins. It;'s all about THEM. Govt's etc laugh their asses off and these fools.

And i'm a left leaning liberal.
Stairway to 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stairway to 7 For This Useful Post:
The_Joker (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #382
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,037 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stairway to 7 View Post
It's funny, as the world propels itself towards more and more conflicts, the gap between richer and poorer here and everywhere else, fuel shortages to come, millions starving to death, slavery and exploitation rife in parts of the world - what do people shit the bed about?

Names of sports teams.

The absurdity and naivete of the political correctness generation astonishes me, egged on by govts and elites and the rich and powerful all the way i'll add, to ignore real issues and to make themselves feel better and sniff their own farts with their 'look at me i'm a caring human being' self-aggrandizing bs.

This is nothing to do with native americans it is to do with guilt riddled (all self inflicted) feeling good about themselves.

Do they give a flying fuck about starving africans and the rape of their continent over hundreds of years? nope.

But they're all butt hurt to hell over the Washington Redskins. It;'s all about THEM. Govt's etc laugh their asses off and these fools.

And i'm a left leaning liberal.
I'd like to see these feel-good PC nutjobs actually go on reservations and, I dunno, help their real problems.

Oh wait, that's right, these politicians don't really give a fuck about native americans, let alone the rest of us.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #383
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Joker View Post
I'd like to see these feel-good PC nutjobs actually go on reservations and, I dunno, help their real problems.

Oh wait, that's right, these politicians don't really give a fuck about native americans, let alone the rest of us.
Of course they do, haven't you seen "The Life of Julia"? From cradle to grave they have your best interests in mind

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
The_Joker (07-09-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #384
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,227 Times in 3,614 Posts

Cannot resist throwing this chum into the water

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder joined the chorus in condemning the Washington Redskins' nickname, calling it offensive and saying it should be changed.

Holder, speaking on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday, went one step further than his boss, President Barack Obama, who said in October that the Redskins should consider changing the name. Holder left no doubt where he stood.

"I'm going to speak very personally now," Holder said when asked the question. "The name ought to be changed. It's an offensive name. The Redskins, that organization is a great one. It's a team with a storied history that has huge amounts of support in Washington, D.C., and in the 21st century they could increase their fan base, increase their level of support, if they did something that from my perspective that is so obviously right."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...iker-offensive

So I guess that pretty much resolves who is right
Old 07-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #385
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,527 Times in 2,676 Posts
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Cannot resist throwing this chum into the water

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder joined the chorus in condemning the Washington Redskins' nickname, calling it offensive and saying it should be changed.

Holder, speaking on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday, went one step further than his boss, President Barack Obama, who said in October that the Redskins should consider changing the name. Holder left no doubt where he stood.

"I'm going to speak very personally now," Holder said when asked the question. "The name ought to be changed. It's an offensive name. The Redskins, that organization is a great one. It's a team with a storied history that has huge amounts of support in Washington, D.C., and in the 21st century they could increase their fan base, increase their level of support, if they did something that from my perspective that is so obviously right."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...iker-offensive

So I guess that pretty much resolves who is right
Smile you son of a BITCH.

kaboom

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (07-14-2014), NSMaster56 (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #386
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,227 Times in 3,614 Posts

You're gonna need a bigger boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Smile you son of a BITCH.

kaboom
Old 07-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #387
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

From my vacation last week:

Old 07-15-2014, 12:02 AM   #388
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,611 Times in 9,259 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
From my vacation last week:

You, in fact, do not need a bigger boat.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (07-20-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #389
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Tribe refuses money from Washington foundation as “bribe money”

Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
Dallas Cowboys v Washington Redskins
Getty Images
It’s a story that has been percolating for a few days. Now that the Associated Press has picked it up, the latest P.R. embarrassment regarding the Washington team name has become official.

A Native American tribe on the Arizona-California border trying to raise $250,000 for a skate park has refused funding from the Original Americans Foundation, a group started earlier this year by owner Daniel Snyder in response to ongoing opposition to a name regarded by many as a slur.

“No, we’re not going to accept any kind of monetary offer to side with allowing them to utilize the inappropriate name for this NFL team,” Quechan tribal President Keeny Escalanti Sr. told the AP.

“The sacrifice we took to say no wasn’t an easy one. We wish we could help the kids today by taking the partnership. We’re trying to teach our community and the youth that we can do things the right way. We don’t have to accept this type of money from these people.”

Previously, the Arizona Republic explained that the tribe turned down a “blank check” from the foundation at a meeting attended by Original Americans Foundation executive director Gary Edwards and director Karl Schreiber.

“He said he was a proud Redskin and had been a proud Redskin since he was a child,” Escalanti told the Republic regarding Edwards. And it got even more uncomfortable than that.

“Edwards just brought up key words that you just don’t bring up in Indian country, like assimilation, annihilation,” Escalanti said. “And he tried to talk down about White people, saying they’re the oppressor. . . . I don’t know what he thought he was doing in talking like that to us — impress us? Like he thought he could talk like that among his ­fellow Natives? It was so awkward.”

Thus, the tribe rejected an offer to pay for the entire park, issuing the following statement to the Republic: “We will not align ourselves with an organization to ­simply become a statistic in their fight for name acceptance in ­Native communities. . . . We know bribe money when we see it.”

The debate regarding the name has simmered in recent weeks, with most of the news coming from failed efforts by the team to defend it. While the controversy has reached a stage where it’s likely to not go away until the name changes, there wouldn’t be as much to say about the situation if the team can manage to stay out of its own way for a week or two.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (07-20-2014), NSMaster56 (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #390
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,611 Times in 9,259 Posts
My Mood: Dead

teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (07-21-2014), SteelerJT (07-20-2014)