Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #11
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420
Default Re: Whats More Important ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
but others might sell out to go somewhere they have a better shot!
Corey Dillon
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:46 PM   #12
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Hey, this is not to be mean, but do you blame the guy. When he was with the Bengals...he was pissed that they didn't have heart. You know...I would hate to be the worst team in football, losing week in and week out, and see your teamates sitting there laughing on the sidelines. Spikes seemed to have the same problem in Ciny. It seemed like for a while those are the only two guys that wanted to win! I dunno....just my opinion. However, the team has changed and I give you guys credit for that, the players now have a taste of winning and I see them giving it their all now!
Old 07-22-2005, 02:56 PM   #13
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Hey, this is not to be mean, but do you blame the guy. When he was with the Bengals...he was pissed that they didn't have heart. You know...I would hate to be the worst team in football, losing week in and week out, and see your teamates sitting there laughing on the sidelines. Spikes seemed to have the same problem in Ciny. It seemed like for a while those are the only two guys that wanted to win! I dunno....just my opinion. However, the team has changed and I give you guys credit for that, the players now have a taste of winning and I see them giving it their all now!
He started whining about leaving when Rudi was showing his stuff while he was injured....Spikes said he wanted to go a few years before he left but dillon all the sudden wanted to go when he heard he would have to share time with a better back...I am glad he is gone it gave Rudi his chance to shine and boy is he shining better then corey did....If he had heart here his records wouldn't have been broken in one season by Rudi so that alone shows what kind of heart his whining ass had.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:28 PM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Alot of times the good teams with a shot to win , also our the teams with the money, ala New York Yankees. I would love to win a ring, but first I would love to take care of my family. Barry Bonds did go to his dad and godfathers team not to mention close to his hometown so you really can`t blame him.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:05 PM   #15
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

The measure of every player is championships. Doing it together as a team. That's what Chuck Noll preached and it was successful. That's what matters, forget the rest. That's why I believe Terry Bradshaw will forever be a richer man than Dan Marino.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:09 PM   #16
SteelBill
Water Boy

Member Number: 425

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
The measure of every player is championships. Doing it together as a team. That's what Chuck Noll preached and it was successful. That's what matters, forget the rest. That's why I believe Terry Bradshaw will forever be a richer man than Dan Marino.
I agree but if there was free agency in the Super Steeler days I have to wonder how many of those guys would have left for Big money.?
Old 07-23-2005, 01:59 AM   #17
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
He started whining about leaving when Rudi was showing his stuff while he was injured....Spikes said he wanted to go a few years before he left but dillon all the sudden wanted to go when he heard he would have to share time with a better back...I am glad he is gone it gave Rudi his chance to shine and boy is he shining better then corey did....If he had heart here his records wouldn't have been broken in one season by Rudi so that alone shows what kind of heart his whining ass had.
Hey B21 - the old old Corey Dillon story line seems to bring out the bitterness in some Bungles fans.
I will go along with Bigbensgirl7's take on this one - putting up excellent numbers as a RB while your team shows absolutely no sign of improving must be one of the the most demoralising things for a player to endure.
Dillon could have handled the situation better I grant you - but the way your fans turned on a player who was the lifeblood of your franchise for many years was a pretty poor show too.
We had no end of Bengals fans gloating that we had just bought ourselves a 'cancer' with our trade deal for Corey.....didn't turn out that way did it?
Its amazing how much difference winning more than 6 of your regular season games will make to a players morale.
I think its safe to say both teams come out ahead on this trade - you got a promising young safety in Madeiu Williams (I believe this is correct) with the 2nd round draft pick and focussed on an excellent young RB in Rudi.

I have to say I think you are changing history in retrospect - the team that Rudi is part of is far superior to that which Corey was stuck being a part of.
How Dillon put up all them 1000yd years with such a terrible all round side is anyone's guess.
Dillon is one of the 5 best backs in the league - currently.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #18
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey B21 - the old old Corey Dillon story line seems to bring out the bitterness in some Bungles fans.
I will go along with Bigbensgirl7's take on this one - putting up excellent numbers as a RB while your team shows absolutely no sign of improving must be one of the the most demoralising things for a player to endure.
Dillon could have handled the situation better I grant you - but the way your fans turned on a player who was the lifeblood of your franchise for many years was a pretty poor show too.
We had no end of Bengals fans gloating that we had just bought ourselves a 'cancer' with our trade deal for Corey.....didn't turn out that way did it?
Its amazing how much difference winning more than 6 of your regular season games will make to a players morale.
I think its safe to say both teams come out ahead on this trade - you got a promising young safety in Madeiu Williams (I believe this is correct) with the 2nd round draft pick and focussed on an excellent young RB in Rudi.

I have to say I think you are changing history in retrospect - the team that Rudi is part of is far superior to that which Corey was stuck being a part of.
How Dillon put up all them 1000yd years with such a terrible all round side is anyone's guess.
Dillon is one of the 5 best backs in the league - currently.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM
I agree we both made out with the trade, The only thing that ticked me off was he was on tv downing the bengals and rudi then he said he didn't down them, I seen both shows....And read the papers, That to me is no class.... But to other ppl it might not mean a thing. Also when he threw his stuff in the stands before he was even traded or released was poor class...I won't say I hate the guy I just disagreed with his actions like you stated.