Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,011 Times in 4,559 Posts
Default Re: Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 8.5.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Consistency is this kids biggest issue, and it's why he's a candidate to be released.

hes not getting released. who said he is a candidate of getting released? the people on the depth chart below him are more of a candidate to get released than him.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #12
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,716 Times in 4,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

hes not getting released. who said he is a candidate of getting released? the people on the depth chart below him are more of a candidate to get released than him.
Wesley Johnson is having a better camp than he is from all accounts.

At what point do we release him? Does he have to get Roethlisberger injured before it happens?
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,652 Posts

Quote:
Could he play worse though? From all accounts (including getting ass whipped by UDFA's) he has had a remarkably terrible camp. What type of rebound are we talking about here?

Also, Adams playing incredibly terrible football and then rebounding from it only to revert back is all we've seen from this kid. The fact that he is playing better is encouraging, but it isn't new. Consistency is this kids biggest issue, and it's why he's a candidate to be released.
Has anybody actually seen Adams "incredibly terrible football" in camp or are fans just snowballing from twitter comments? I'm gonna wait until Saturdays game to see him play.

Also, is he actually "a candidate to be released" or is this more twitter hype? Count Gilbert and Beachum as starters, then who are the reserves....Whimper, Wesley Johnson? Adams will make the 53... he may not develop and end up in the long term plans, but I don't see Munchak giving up on him because of a few bad plays in camp.

In other O line news, did anybody see Seantrel Henderson do well last weekend? There is a kid that was a road pylon in the Senior Bowl week of practice, but held his own vs Jason Pierre Paul on Sunday.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #14
Joelbushbaum
Starter

Member Number: 25082
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:

At what point do we release him? Does he have to get Roethlisberger injured before it happens?
Johnson was all SEC on a bad team. He looks like a 6th roudn steal.
Joelbushbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #15
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Has anybody actually seen Adams "incredibly terrible football" in camp or are fans just snowballing from twitter comments? I'm gonna wait until Saturdays game to see him play.

Also, is he actually "a candidate to be released" or is this more twitter hype? Count Gilbert and Beachum as starters, then who are the reserves....Whimper, Wesley Johnson? Adams will make the 53... he may not develop and end up in the long term plans, but I don't see Munchak giving up on him because of a few bad plays in camp.

In other O line news, did anybody see Seantrel Henderson do well last weekend? There is a kid that was a road pylon in the Senior Bowl week of practice, but held his own vs Jason Pierre Paul on Sunday.
Not Twitter hype.

I could keep going, and that's the problem. This isn't Twitter hype, Gonzo, it's guys at camp recognizing a player clearly struggling when asked to take a Safety one on one. This also isn't after a couple bad plays in camp, it's two years of being a complete turnstile in pass protection. Where's the development?

I asked Tony the same question - when do you finally say enough is enough? Does Roethlisberger have to go down because of a missed assignment before we release this kid?
Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:

?
Not according to Ray Fittipaldo and other sources that say Johnson doesn't look like a guy that belongs on the 53.

Again, I haven't seen Johnson play and honestly don't trust what I hear from the talking heads when it comes to O line play. If its somebody like Tunch or Schlereth that knows O line, then its a worthy source, but if its Kaboly, Dulac or Chidi29(Kozora) then I reserve judgement.

Roster spots are determined in games, not on Twitter. IMO.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Not Twitter hype.

I could keep going, and that's the problem. This isn't Twitter hype, Gonzo, it's guys at camp recognizing a player clearly struggling when asked to take a Safety one on one. This also isn't after a couple bad plays in camp, it's two years of being a complete turnstile in pass protection. Where's the development?

I asked Tony the same question - when do you finally say enough is enough? Does Roethlisberger have to go down because of a missed assignment before we release this kid?
This is so funny I didn't see your post when I mentioned names of Fittipaldo, Kaboly, Dulac and Kozora. Fittipaldo was hacking on your boy Wesley Johnson too,

Again, the pass protection was there with Adams 90% of the time. The problem is that you really need to be at least 98% efficient in the NFL and Adams inconsistency has always been the problem since OSU. I still think Munchak can help and if Adams can tune out the haters, he can be a very good O lineman.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #18
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
This is so funny I didn't see your post when I mentioned names of Fittipaldo, Kaboly, Dulac and Kozora. Fittipaldo was hacking on your boy Wesley Johnson too,

Again, the pass protection was there with Adams 90% of the time. The problem is that you really need to be at least 98% efficient in the NFL and Adams inconsistency has always been the problem since OSU. I still think Munchak can help and if Adams can tune out the haters, he can be a very good O lineman.
Are we watching the same Mike Adams? You know, the turnstile that got Roethlisberger destroyed twice against the Vikings?

Wesley Johnson isn't "my boy". There have been conflicting reports on Johnson, but people are mincing words when it comes to Adams - he's been terrible. You said earlier you needed a "reliable source" when it came to people bashing Adams. Who exactly do you need to hear from in order for this to be true? The reports on him coming out of camp have been universally bad. I have yet to read a good thing about him.

Pass protection wasn't there with him "90% of the time". If it was, Beachum wouldn't have taken his job and never looked back. He's not a Left Tackle in the NFL, this is a foregone conclusion. Whether or not he can play Right Tackle is up for debate (he can't, but people keep holding onto hope). If Munchak can help him, what has happened so far? Why has the offensive line looked so good under Munchak and has been reported universally as an upgrade over last season except for Adams?

Tune out the haters? He might want to work on not getting blown up by a 5-8 195 lbs. Safety before tuning people out.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Steel_Bus_24 (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #19
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503

Quote:
Justin Brown is going to make this team, and there's a good chance he makes noise to play opposite AB in 2015. This kid can play.
Wow ... that's bold ...
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #20
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Are we watching the same Mike Adams? You know, the turnstile that got Roethlisberger destroyed twice against the Vikings?

Wesley Johnson isn't "my boy". There have been conflicting reports on Johnson, but people are mincing words when it comes to Adams - he's been terrible. You said earlier you needed a "reliable source" when it came to people bashing Adams. Who exactly do you need to hear from in order for this to be true? The reports on him coming out of camp have been universally bad. I have yet to read a good thing about him.

Pass protection wasn't there with him "90% of the time". If it was, Beachum wouldn't have taken his job and never looked back. He's not a Left Tackle in the NFL, this is a foregone conclusion. Whether or not he can play Right Tackle is up for debate (he can't, but people keep holding onto hope). If Munchak can help him, what has happened so far? Why has the offensive line looked so good under Munchak and has been reported universally as an upgrade over last season except for Adams?

Tune out the haters? He might want to work on not getting blown up by a 5-8 195 lbs. Safety before tuning people out.
Funny you mention the Vikings game. Ben passed 50 times and got sacked 5 times. I think Adams was credited with 3 sacks allowed. If you watch Adams in that game he does a nice job of riding Jared Allen out the back of the pocket several times, but everybody remembers the 3 sacks on 50 snaps. My 90% estimation isnt exact, but close IMO. On the line, you break down 5 times a game and you are on the bench.

Nobody used to write good things about Willie Colon either. They said he either false started or was called for holding 4 times a game. Actual stats showed something like 13 penalties for the season they won the super bowl. I said early on that his technique and effort were far better than Max Starks, he was just shorter.

My point is that most fans just like to bitch about O linemen and dont understand how to play the position. They take the word of sportswriters as gospel because they dont know that writers dont know crap about O linemen either.

I'm saying that I havent seen Adams yet this year and I havent seen a report from Tunch Ilkin or somebody that knows O line play to comment on his progression. Bouchette says in his chat, he heard Adams had a couple rough practices but has rebounded from those, but the masses here that haven't seen anything think he is getting cut tomorrow.

Point of it is, I will wait to see players play with my own eyes, rather than trust reports like Jordan Dangerfield is the 2nd coming of Kenny Easley.