Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #41
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,625 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: NFL Network Replay: Steelers-NYGiants

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I'll send it Johnny Letter style (circa SNL 1991).
Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #42
BlaZeQuietly
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

I thought the 1st string offense looked stellar. They moved the ball down the field with ease. I don't really care if Landry Jones sucks because chances are we will never see him. If it was first string vs first string like a reg. season game we win that game. Dri archer showed even though hes tiny we can whip a big play out and bell looked really good making big gains every time he ran the ball, big ben was excellent. I don't see what everyone is complaining about. Even our defense looked good, they made the one big mistake on the first drive but I think fundamentally they looked good. People put way to much stock in watching painter drive the ball down the field and go 7-7 against our 3rd string defense that didn't even have their heads in the game.
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlaZeQuietly For This Useful Post:
teegre (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #43
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

I really appreciated how they kept breaking into the game to tell me who won

I can understand if its the next day, but the game just ended and some people want to watch it without knowing the outcome.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desertsteel For This Useful Post:
Galax Steeler (08-11-2014), teegre (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #44
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,896 Times in 2,311 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I thought the 1st string offense looked stellar. They moved the ball down the field with ease. I don't really care if Landry Jones sucks because chances are we will never see him. If it was first string vs first string like a reg. season game we win that game. Dri archer showed even though hes tiny we can whip a big play out and bell looked really good making big gains every time he ran the ball, big ben was excellent. I don't see what everyone is complaining about. Even our defense looked good, they made the one big mistake on the first drive but I think fundamentally they looked good. People put way to much stock in watching painter drive the ball down the field and go 7-7 against our 3rd string defense that didn't even have their heads in the game.
Don't jinx it dude.
No guarantees. The holding on Timmons was only part of it - it happens all the time. I'm a little agitated on that run play because the defense has given up a lot of big plays the past couple seasons. If you can't stop the run in a 3-4, everything else falls apart.

I am anxious as hell to see what Mitchell could do - he looked rusty as hell, which, is to be expected. I hope he gets on the same page with Troy and FAST.

I basically have the same feeling I had before the game - "??????" I really don't know what to expect. The Dri Archer play was pretty, but, not finishing is agitating as hell.

Anyways - here's to hoping we see a few TDs out of the first Team O before Wk1 and no more big plays in limited time by First team D.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #45
Joelbushbaum
Starter

Member Number: 25082
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Don't jinx it dude.
No guarantees. The holding on Timmons was only part of it - it happens all the time. I'm a little agitated on that run play because the defense has given up a lot of big plays the past couple seasons. If you can't stop the run in a 3-4, everything else falls apart.

I am anxious as hell to see what Mitchell could do - he looked rusty as hell, which, is to be expected. I hope he gets on the same page with Troy and FAST.

I basically have the same feeling I had before the game - "??????" I really don't know what to expect. The Dri Archer play was pretty, but, not finishing is agitating as hell.

Anyways - here's to hoping we see a few TDs out of the first Team O before Wk1 and no more big plays in limited time by First team D.
With Ben the offense looks very good. Without him....we are bad offense. I miss Charlie Batch. I know he's too old now, but he was very capable as the back up.

On defense, our pass rush looked rather poor on many plays. The other QB had too much time. The coverage among the DBS is a little shaky. William Gay might be our most important 2nd string player on the team.
Joelbushbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joelbushbaum For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (08-11-2014), steelfury02 (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #46
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,896 Times in 2,311 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelbushbaum View Post
With Ben the offense looks very good. Without him....we are bad offense. I miss Charlie Batch. I know he's too old now, but he was very capable as the back up.

On defense, our pass rush looked rather poor on many plays. The other QB had too much time. The coverage among the DBS is a little shaky. William Gay might be our most important 2nd string player on the team.
Bust out the Gay meter.

Spence might be the most important backup - and he may close in on Shazier if he can't get on the field

What did we conclude about the Shazier source (being out first two games supposedly) ?

If we go 2-0, especially going into Bmore, with Spence - not so sure Shazier comes back in so easily.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #47
CNEW
Team Captain

Member Number: 25021
Thanked 1,010 Times in 468 Posts

Ryan Shazier back in pads today

CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #48
BlaZeQuietly
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Don't jinx it dude.

I Guess what I meant to say is I HOPE we never have to see Landry in a regular season game, that guy has got to be one of the worst 3rd stringers in the league, he looked HORRIBLE!
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlaZeQuietly For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (08-13-2014)