Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
caligirlsteelerfan86
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 560
Default Just Returned From Camp

I was so exicted to get to take two days of camp in while visiting family, thanks to my Gram for having her 80th bday party at a good time. Friday night my Dad took me Steeler Hunting...thought it was werid, but fun. We didn't have much luck to begin with, but at Dino's I did get to see the Super Bowl ring on author Bob Labriola. He is a very cool guy, and that ring is massive!!! My Dad then took me over to Spit Fire, he said Cowher always goes there. I was too tired and was ready to go home (no sleep for 24 hrs), and who walks in..Cowher. I am in my jersey, because I am excited for the season and this is as close to it as I may get. I was told to go over to Cowher, but I wanted him to relax with his coors light. Then my Dad said I'd regret not going over. So, I did, I said crongrats and wished him well for this season. I have to say it was really cool, maybe I am a dork.

Then I went to camp on Sunday and Monday, I had a great time. I got a few autographs and some really cool pictures. My little cousin hit Fast Willie in the head with a football, he felt really bad about it. All and all camp was an awsome experince and I was glad to get the chance to go out there.

For the rest of my time out in PA, I went around the Burgh and to a Pirates game against the Braves. Now, I need to get my job to transfer me out there. I miss that place, and of course more of my family is moving back. If anyone else headed out to camp, hope you all had fun. Here We Go Steelers!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Just Returned From Camp

Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. I wan't born in Pittsburgh but I did live there for a year and during the 1997 football season. But my momd and dad were born close to the Burgh. So I was always visited family in the summer time growing up. I know what you mean I love it there and I would love to move there.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Sounds like you had a great time....and what a cool Dad!
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

I miss that place, and of course more of my family is moving back.

I'm glad you had a good time and it's always good to see folks headed back to the Burgh.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:06 AM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

We are leaving for camp at about 6:00 PM today and staying up there for the weekend. Debating on staying until Tuesday. This day is going to go by very slow up until that point unfortunately.

As always though, it should be a blast.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-04-2006 at 06:16 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #6
SteelersHoss
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 817

How accessible are the players in Training Camp?/ Do they do a lot of autograpgh signings during this time?? I heard that there were like 14000 ppl at the 1st practice. That is crazy.
SteelersHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I personally don't bother with autographs when I go up there (get them through other means, don't have to deal with lines). From what I have gathered over the years it's fairly easy if your willing to wait in line. Here's the info from the official Steeler site....

Autographs:

The best time to obtain autographs from the players is after practice and it's at the players discretion as to whether or not they sign on a particular day. There are areas designated for fans to stand to obtain the autographs. There is no formal setting for player autographs on a daily basis. There also will be an opportunity to obtain autographs before practice only on August 2 at the practice at high school fields. Please see information above for details.

http://news.steelers.com/article/65524/
Old 08-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #8
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

sounds like you had a good time, Cali! did you go into the Steelers Experience area at all? if so you probably saw me, I work in there. that sucks that you didn't see any Steelers out and about...what time did you go to Dino's?

as far as getting autographs at camp, there's no guarantees. people wait down at the bottom of the hill then when the campus opens at 1:30 they run up to get a prime spot up near the locker room. I have no idea how early they get there, but there's usually quite a few people (it's amusing to watch lol) even if you do get into that area (the "designated" autograph area) there's no guarantee b/c there's so many people up there. my advice is go early (if you can) and try to get at the very top of the steps, a lot of the guys stop there. also, if you want Cowher's autograph he signs in the Steelers Experience area (on the baseball field) for a half hour after practice. people are pretty crazy about that too tho...as soon as the Experience opened at 2 today we had a family get in line with their lawn chairs. usually the line is cut off before he even gets over there but if you get there by 5 I'd think you'd be guaranteed an autograph.
melroseplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #9
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Kewl pics you posted on Black'NGold Pride Club!~
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote