Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #11
geran42o
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 48
Default Re: Okay, guys need you're help. (For The Pittsburghers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
The Steelers don't need our city. Pittsburgh doesn't need the Steelers. But much like the bottle with a note and the beach, they find each other. The Steelers are an organization that relied heavy on taking people with great heart and average/above average talent and producing great results. The city in return responds by giving a background for great results. The two then become one and form a bond that cannot be broken.

If you look at the team, you look at futility becomming excellence. If you look at the town, you look and industry becomming technology. Both roll with the punches, which brings us to the main point of the town and the team. We don't expect anything and we don't ask for anything. We look at the landscape and say okay this is the field we are given. What are the rules? Okay. Game on. Then we say no matter the starting point, no matter the climb, we will be a champion. Slowly and surely, we build. Still with high expectations, but all the while understanding its a climb. The incline takes awhile, but the view from Mt. Washington is worth it. So we grind, claw, and punch our way to the top. Yeah we have set backs. Yeah we have changes to the rules. Yeah we have shortcomings, but we don't use them as excuses. We use them as launching pads. Too slow, fine we will get faster. Too short, fine we will get taller. Either way, we will always be a town that relishes the underdog role and views the chance to compete on the national stage as an honor and a serious one as that. We understand that no matter what, we have a never ending desire to be the best. To produce results that far exceed what is expected. At the same time we understand that we don't have all the opportunities that are given to others. Fine. We don't see the rules we only see the prize which is ours and we will claim it. Not against the rules, but within it. We wouldn't have it any other way. Therefore, when you look at Pittsburgh and the Steelers you look at two forces coming at you non stop until you give in and not the other way around.
Great insight here chef

geran42o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:14 PM   #12
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 340

Glad I could help...anything to help out another Steeler fan! haha! Good luck on your project!

~AllAmer~
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #13
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I was looking through some documents on my computer and I came across the paper. I never told you what I ended up writing. So here is the section where I used your comments.

The research paper has talked about statistics and facts. The last paragraph will give a look at how some people feel and view the Pittsburgh Steelers and their fans. Ryan Burr of Fox Sports Network once asked Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward ?Is this team special or is that overblown?? Hines Ward replied ?I?ve never seen a city so passionate about their football team as the Steelers are.? In that same interview while explaining what its like to play for the Steelers, Ward commented ?For me, I couldn?t even imagine going any other place.? In 1990 during his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction speech Jack Lambert said "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Former Baltimore Ravens guard Orlando Brown once said in 1999 "I hated putting on that purple uniform, and I hated that raven bird. What really ticked me off is when we played Pittsburgh our whole stadium seemed to be filled with Pittsburgh fans." A member of a Steelers fan site was quoted saying ?The city is a hard working, tough, blue collar town, with a passion for their team; and the Steelers reflect that same type of attitude. Just like the fans bring their best out every Sunday afternoon on gameday, the Steelers put forth the effort befitting of the passion their fans give to them. The Steelers are Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh is the Steelers.?

That part of the paper was my favorite to write. I ended up getting a good grade on it. Thank you all for your help!

Last edited by Prosdo; 07-25-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #14
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

This is a great place to get thoughts and comments of the Steelers. Glad you received a good grade. Although I didn't post any comments I feel as if we all received a GOOD GRADE
SteelerFanInATL is offline   Reply With Quote