Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 08-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #31
terribletowel67
Water Boy

Member Number: 2716
Default Re: What is it like to be around Steeler fans all the time???

arkie there is nothing like being at a steelers game in heinz field. i go every year to 1 or 2 games im from chicago, i still get goosebumps when im in the stadium seeing all the terrible towels waving! you don't even have to be at the game just walk downtown and you will see hundreds of fans coverd in black and gold. pittsburgh has the best fans in the world, shout out a big yeah to the steelers nation.
terribletowel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #32
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Ya gotta love the Steeler Nation!!!

You will never see anything related to the Titans in my house! I will never be a Titans fan
because

a) They used to be the Oilers, and I despised them, too
b) When they were playing here in Memphis while the new stadium was being built, they didn't even try to establish a relationship with the fans here...they treated the city like crap!!

I have never lived in the 'Burgh, but I have a theory the team is a reflection of the city, so it's gotta be a pretty cool place to live And getting to see at least one game in Heinz Field is on my "things to do before I die" list
Old 08-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #33
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Soon I will know what it is like and then I can tell my own story. This will be my fifth Steeler game and I have meet some real nice Steeler fans at ever game I have went to I dont think it will compare to what waits ahead for me. I live here in Fayetteville where U of A is and they have shops all over town with little trinkets and other stuff that have their logo on it and all over town you see bumper stickers and hats. What I am getting at is I want to see stuff like that but Steelers and I want to be in the middle 1000's of Steeler fans
cheering on our team. I never backed down at any game I went to from cheering them on (KC got a little spooky) but sometimes you dont feel at ease doing so.

21 days and time will tell

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #34
SteelersHoss
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 817

Arkie, I hear ya on the excitement of your 1st home game. This is mine as well, I sae them play in Miami a few years ago, and man what a bunch of aweomse people. Are you tailgating with stlrs4life(Dom) at the Home opener. If you are, i will see u.
SteelersHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:43 PM   #35
i am an idiot
Banned

Member Number: 2819

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
It's a beautiful thing. "That's all I gotta say about that".

Heinz Field on a Sunday home game is excellent.
hi im new
i am an idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 11:19 PM   #36
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592

Here in Hawaii, team gear starts getting worn toward the end of the season and especially around the ProBowl.... It is kind of interesting to watch the play-off team jerseys showing up more and more as the season progresses.... The one constant is the number of folks wearing Steelers gear..... There was, of course, a big increase in fans as the BandWagon folks jumped on, but that's cool - - - they might learn something or decide to stick around.... I am in in Black and Gold year round... And it is neat to be walking in the mall or down the street and recognize a Steeler Shirt or Cap coming toward you..... There is always that eye contact and usually a "Hello" or "Aloha" and sometimes you end up in a big conversation about "The Team"........ I don't really notice other team gear after ProBowl, but perhaps that is because I am wired to see the Black 'n Gold.....

I did live back in the 'burgh a couple of times - - my ex was USAF and we moved alot.... I was fortunate enough to be there for our first SB victory - - Oh, how sweet that was.... I love to go shopping for Steeler stuff when I go back to visit - - - I walk into a team shop and the clerks fight over who is going to wait on me.... Ebay is also my friend....

The Steeler Nation is a Phenomena that will never be duplicated - - - thank God!!!!
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:08 AM   #37
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am an idiot
hi im new
Hello.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:42 AM   #38
SteelersHoss
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 817

You know it's funny. I have seen many Steelers fans up here in Canada, and i am always ready to chat about them etc.. But sometimes, the people look at me as if i have three eyes or something. My wife thinks i am funny, because i will talk to anyone with a Steelers piece of merchandise on, but sometimes they don't want to talk. Now, i have met many Americans with Steelers gear on, that always want to chat about the team..
I guess up here, it is all about Hockey and everything is Secondary. Maybe I should move to Pittsburgh, where i can be accepted and appreciated.
SteelersHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #39
MyCuz64Furness
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersHoss
Now, i have met many Americans with Steelers gear on, that always want to chat about the team..

I know what you mean.....I always talk to anybody I see with Steeler logos.....I work as a paramedic and last week ran a call on a guy......when I walked in his entire patio was done with Steelers items and paint........he had lights a babmboo bar that was painted a bunch of flags and all sorts of stuff......we talked about me going to the opener and after I dropped him off at the hospital he thanked me and said I knew I was with good people........
MyCuz64Furness is offline   Reply With Quote