Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #21
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: SteelCityMan786's Rant on people whining about Super Bowl Reffing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Tonight I was on my way home from the State College Spikes v.s. Vermont Lake Monsters Game at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park and I'm listening to a radio show and a Washington Redskins fan calls in and wines about the refs in the Super Bowl. The guy goes and say ahhh the refs just gave it to the steelers and the hosts say quit your whining.

Man am I sick and tired of explaining to some people. Just like every Super Bowl Champion from 1-39 They had to EARN THE SUPER BOWL and they EARNED IT. All they are doing is just wanting to hate the champs. That's fine with me. But don't whine about something that's a lie. The Reffing was fair. The Steelers found ways to win the game despite the fact Big Ben has a 22.9 QB Rating If I remember correctly. And what did they do, they won. It's as easy as that. REFS DON'T WIN BALL GAMES. TEAMS DO.
I know how you feel brother. I came to the realization a long time ago that it's simply not worth repeating yourself over and over again. People that know the game of football will realize what truly happend during that game. Simple as that. BLOWN OPPORTUNITIES.

Bottomline in my book.........WE GOT THE RING.

Time to repeat!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #22
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus View Post
I agree whole-heartedly, Lyn. But take solace in this..Madden's an idiot. I never listen to anything that guy says. The most entertaining thing that comes outta his pie-hole is usually started with a "BOOM".

The way to silence the critics is to repeat. The Patriots had the same problem after their 1st Super Bowl victory, remember the "fumble" call?

I can do that:)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #23
steelermaniacXL
Banned

Member Number: 2878

You can think the officiating was horrible, and still not take anytyhing away from the steelers... hell its not jerrome's fault, its not bill's fault, and its not our faults as fanst that the refs in the NFL make bad calls... remember it has happened to us too.
steelermaniacXL is offline   Reply With Quote