Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default bandwagon

i know this gets old but i need some advice, ignorance doesnt work. i am 15 and ive was raised by a single mother, not really a sporty home. once she got married his buddy used to invite us over on gameday about 6 years ago and i watched, not really paying attention but i watched. i started to pay attention and learn maddox stewart hines and so forth. i will admit that the last 2 yrs i pay more attention since they are doing well but ive still been a fan for a while, i dont see anything wrong with it since fans get more interested when a team is doing better. i dont consider myself a bandwagoner bcause i havent switched teams, ive stayed faithful. all my high school teachers are either bengals or browns fans since im in ohio.i know some others have the same issue.do you guys consider me a bandwagon? all that matters is that i like them now and it is not changing!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default Re: bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
i know this gets old but i need some advice, ignorance doesnt work. i am 15 and ive was raised by a single mother, not really a sporty home. once she got married his buddy used to invite us over on gameday about 6 years ago and i watched, not really paying attention but i watched. i started to pay attention and learn maddox stewart hines and so forth. i will admit that the last 2 yrs i pay more attention since they are doing well but ive still been a fan for a while, i dont see anything wrong with it since fans get more interested when a team is doing better. i dont consider myself a bandwagoner bcause i havent switched teams, ive stayed faithful. all my high school teachers are either bengals or browns fans since im in ohio.i know some others have the same issue.do you guys consider me a bandwagon? all that matters is that i like them now and it is not changing!
You are absolutely not a bandwagoner. Many fans love the Steelers and watch them very closely every week. They do not "join" Steeler groups, Steeler message boards or Steeler clubs. They know what they know which is they like the Steelers and that is all anyone needs to know. When the Steelers are winning some of the lurking fans will come out and start joining Steeler related groups, clubs, message boards. Like you joined here that is a good thing you will get more information right here on the Steelers than you may want LOL Respect the fact that your teachers and other kids may like a different team, that is okay different is not wrong, it is just different. maybe some day they will see the light at the end of the tunnel. LOL:) Just know you are backing the best team in professional football:)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I look at a bandwagoner this way:

If an opposing team's fan comes up to you and starts drilling you about your team and you stand tall regardless of what is said about the Steelers organization, players, or fans then you're not a bandwagoner.

If you turn on a dime, saying things like, "Well, I'm not really a fan" then your a bandwagoner.

From your post, it sounds to me that you endured your time while watching Kordell and Maddox. I'd say your not a bandwagoner.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Hey 19Ward86! Don't you worry about what anybody else says. You know in your heart the team that you support. Just relax and enjoy yourself here. Contribute what you can and learn from the terrific posters. It's going to be an exciting season!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #5
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Here's some required viewing for any Steeler fan.

http://www.amazon.com/NFL-Films-Pitt...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

There will be a quiz next week.

Honestly I don't know if you'd qualify as a band wagon jumper or not. Where did you grow up? Where are your parents from? etc...

I realize that we weren't all born breathing black and gold air in Pittsburgh, but it begs the question:: When does a person truly become a fan of a particular team?

I grew up just outside of Pittsburgh. Everyone in my family were huge fans. I'm a huge fan and I've taught my kids to be fans. I live near Philly now and I'm surrounded by Eagles fans.

I have to say that I'm obsessed with Steelers football. All year long I am. Right now I'm wearing my SB Champs shirt and my favorite Steelers hat. I rewatched my SB Champs DVD again today while folding laundry. I ordered my "Road to Super Bowl XL" DVD set last night.

I did some thinking....

Here's some criteria I think you need to have to be a fan.

1. Have you made an emotional investment in the team? I fell to the floor and almost cried when Jerome fumbled. Then I jumped for joy when Ben made "The Tackle". I nearly hit the roof when Vanderjagt missed the field goal.

2. Have you made a financial investment in the team? I'm not rich, but I've shelled out alot of money over the years on Steelers gear. Every year at Christmas all my family know that I'll be very happy getting anything with a Steelers logo on it. One year I got 3 identical shirts. I wore them all out in 2 years.

3. Do you proudly display your favorite team's gear? I almost never leave the house without my gear on. Heck I even go to church wearing my Steelers polo shirts and during the season I've been known to wear my jersey to church as well. I get lots of looks from the Eagles fans in their jersey's too. LOL!

Can anyone think of other things that should be added?
Old 08-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

gotta give a pass to anyone who endured Kordell...

no bandwagoner....
Old 08-30-2006, 03:54 PM   #7
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I look at a bandwagoner this way:

If an opposing team's fan comes up to you and starts drilling you about your team and you stand tall regardless of what is said about the Steelers organization, players, or fans then you're not a bandwagoner.

If you turn on a dime, saying things like, "Well, I'm not really a fan" then your a bandwagoner.

That's a good one.

Here's something that happened to me at work. When the Eagles were going to the Super Bowl 2 years ago my supervisor said everyone could wear their Eagles shirts to work for the week leading up to the SB. She knows that I hate wearing the company shirt. She even offered up an Eagles shirt for me to wear instead of the company uniform shirt.

I told her that I would probably die if that Eagels shirt touched my body. Then I slipped on my uniform shirt over top my Steelers shirt and went to work.

This past year though, the friday before SB XL, I mysteriously misplaced all of my uniform shirts and worked the day in my Ben Roethlisberger jersey. She gave me some grief, but not much. She couldn't not after the previous year. LOL!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Nope Not a Bandwagoner at all!
You didn't put on that green shit, your good! Actually you Got Black N Gold running through your veins....Welcome aboard!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Yeah...I've got one...

Did you cry when they imploded Three Rivers Stadium?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

i felt a tear, i stood up the whole colts game jumping up and down. and about passed out when jerome fumbled.