Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-01-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Hampton in good shape!

LATROBE - Casey Hampton's midsection caused quite a buzz Sunday when he reported to training camp. His flab was gone.

A Pro Bowl nose tackle two seasons ago, Hampton has constantly had to address his weight with the media ever since the Pittsburgh Steelers picked him in the first round of the 2001 draft. Listed as 325, he always appeared to be much heavier due to extra pounds he carried around his belly.

But when Hampton arrived at St. Vincent College yesterday, he appeared as if he's shed a lot of weight.

"Not really," he said. "I'm about the same as I've always been. I've just shifted that weight around."

Hampton, who missed the second half of the 2004 season due to a knee injury, said he spent the last month or so in Houston, Texas, working out with some of his former teammates at the University of Texas. Those workouts, he said, have him in excellent shape.

His knee feels good, so good, in fact, he hasn't asked to be excused from today's run test coach Bill Cowher holds at the start of each camp. The test is a grueling series of 14 40-yard sprints. Historically, players with any kind of leg problems have been excused.

"Everyone knows I don't like the run test," said Hampton, who failed to complete the run two years ago. "But it won't be a problem this year. I'll do it. There are no limitations of what I'll be able to do (at camp)."

Most of the Steelers took time to speak to the media as they arrived at camp. A few didn't by sneaking into their dormitory through the back door.

Among them were quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and running back Duce Staley.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Hampton in good shape!

this is great news. we know we have a capable back up in Hoke, but it'll be good to have the beast in the middle back in action this season again.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: Hampton in good shape!

This is indeed good news. I can't wait to see him in action again!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote