Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:03 AM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Best Game of Last Year

Regular season - a tie between the Bears and Browns games. The Bears because it was a smash-mouthed, hard played typical Steelers pound 'em out type of game in the cold and snow and the Browns game because of the history between the teams and the fact that the Steelers just pummeled them into the turf.

Playoffs - a tie between the Colts and Hawks games. Looking back, the scores in both games didn't even come close to telling the tale of how badly both teams were beaten by the team who wouldn't be denied!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:07 PM   #12
LambertLunatic
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2563

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post

Regular season: The Bears game hands down. I'll go as far as to say that I enjoyed being at that game more than any other regular season game at Heinz Field and I haven't missed one regular season or playoff game since that stadium opened. Bettis breaking off the big gain. Then watching him pave a highway over Urlacher. The atmosphere alone was beautiful. The last thing I want to see when I close my eyes for the last time is a sea of terrible towels waving during a blizzard inside Heinz Field.

Playoff game: The Colts game. Our offense coming out in the first quarter and making it look easy. Our defense giving Peyton Manning fits. Then the emotional rollercoaster aspect.....Troy's bunk call. Bettis fumbling. Ben making the tackle. Vanderdrunk shanking the FG.
I agree with you on 99% of your post. The one area where I disagree is where you stated "he last thing I want to see when I close my eyes for the last time is a sea of terrible towels waving during a blizzard inside Heinz Field." I'd rather outlive Heinz Field.
LambertLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #13
Steelersfan4life
Water Boy

Member Number: 2638

reg season-i never get tired of seeing the browns get beaten...especially on their own field and shut outs are always great

playoffs-hands down the colts game basically for the amount of shit i listened to all week from all the haters(plenty of them in ohio) and then having them shut up at the end of the week with one of the greatest games i have ever seen
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
Steelknife
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2923

Regular season: Chargers. That game was everything that a good football game should be. Hard hitting, great plays, last second field goal. Hell, my body ached just from watching it.

Post season: Colts
Steelknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertLunatic View Post
I agree with you on 99% of your post. The one area where I disagree is where you stated "he last thing I want to see when I close my eyes for the last time is a sea of terrible towels waving during a blizzard inside Heinz Field." I'd rather outlive Heinz Field.
Well, it would be more of a flashback picture of Heinz during that Bears game when my eyes close.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #16
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
The last thing I want to see when I close my eyes for the last time is a sea of terrible towels waving during a blizzard inside Heinz Field.
Wow...man, i can only imagine how it must have felt to actually be there in person! That sentence brought some beautiful images to my mind...and yes, overall, those two games were the best!
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote