Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: ben Released....

Great news! Knowing Ben, he'll be on that sideline encouraging and cheering on his teammates as he is so well known for doing.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Big Ben recovering at home
By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, September 4, 2006

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was released from UPMC Presbyterian on Monday afternoon, a day after his emergency appendectomy.

"He's eating well and walking around," said Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who addressed the media at 2:30 p.m. at team headquarters on the South Side.

Cowher said he would update Roethlisberger's playing status next week. It seems unlikely that Roethlisberger, who will miss the season opener Thursday night against the Miami Dolphins, would miss more than two games.

Teammate Hines Ward expressed optimism that Roethlisberger would be ready for the team's second game -- Sept. 18 at Jacksonville.

Ward had the same surgery -- a laparoscopic appendectomy -- four years ago and was back on the playing field 13 days later. He and Roethlisberger each made it into surgery before their respective appendix burst.

Cowher spoke with Roethlisberger on Sunday night.

"He really seemed fine," Cowher said. "It is what it is. He's eager to get back. The surgery went very well. It's been even more updated than it was when Hines had it.

"Ben's a very resilient young man. He has proven that. He has thrived on all the circumstances that have been thrown his way."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_468978.html
Old 09-05-2006, 12:02 AM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts

"Ward had the same surgery -- a laparoscopic appendectomy -- four years ago and was back on the playing field 13 days later. He and Roethlisberger each made it into surgery before their respective appendix burst."

im glad starkey included "respective appendix" or else i might have thought they collectively shared one.

ben has a cut. its not a broken bone or torn ligament, muscle or tendon. for anyone who has ever cut themselves they know they heal pretty quick. as far as healing goes... ben is to the nfl what wolverine is to the X-men. how the thursday night game goes will probably have alot to do with whether bill lets ben play in 14 days. im thinking his gut will hurt alot less than carsons knee.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
"Ward had the same surgery -- a laparoscopic appendectomy -- four years ago and was back on the playing field 13 days later. He and Roethlisberger each made it into surgery before their respective appendix burst."

im glad starkey included "respective appendix" or else i might have thought they collectively shared one.

ben has a cut. its not a broken bone or torn ligament, muscle or tendon. for anyone who has ever cut themselves they know they heal pretty quick. as far as healing goes... ben is to the nfl what wolverine is to the X-men. how the thursday night game goes will probably have alot to do with whether bill lets ben play in 14 days. im thinking his gut will hurt alot less than carsons knee.
The reason why I figured 4-6 weeks was because all I kept hearing was that this specific operation took 4-6 weeks to heal. So basically he will be back in the next three weeks tops....in your opinion?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #15
70c10
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1866

If it had burst, it would have been alot worse!. Mine only took about a week to heal but mine was like Ben's (inflamed).
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70c10 View Post
If it had burst, it would have been alot worse!. Mine only took about a week to heal but mine was like Ben's (inflamed).
Ahh, okay. Very cool. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #17
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

He really seemed fine," Cowher said. "It is what it is. He's eager to get back. The surgery went very well. It's been even more updated than it was when Hines had it.".

That is very reassuring.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #18
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I'm sure Ben will be back sooner than later. He seems to be gifted in the area of healing.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #19
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

I just read on Sportscenter that Ben was already back at the teams complex and was talking to coach Cowher.. i am sure there will be something later.. but is great news he is already up and walking around at the teams practice facility.... He is prolly telling Cowher... " i can play " lol
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote