Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #21
4n2t0
Team Captain

Member Number: 1112
Default Re: Another note from Y-townFinFan

Like previously stated, almost all points were covered, but let's re-review the secondary. You edge the Dolphins? Is that the same team that allowed TD passes of 48, 51, 55, and 62 yards in the first two preseason games? Even though Pittsburgh's secondary is the weakest part of our defense atleast we aren't possibly the weakest unit in the league.

EDGE: PITTSBURGH, BY A ENDLESS CREVASSE OF SPACE!

Last edited by 4n2t0; 09-06-2006 at 05:54 PM.
4n2t0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #22
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-townFinFan View Post
Just a quick reply: #1- Never said the Steelers secondary was bad or good, just a week point , which I based on past play. It's not a knock, just an observation. Troy is a beast, but where was he in the bowl? The Hawks took him out of the game, not that it mattered.

# 2 Hope your RIGHT about Ronnie, but the O-line has to play better. I'm glad you caught the big games for Parker I put in!!!
# 3 I never mentioned last years run, at all.?.

do me a favor,and pick out some of ronnie browns big games... he had 2 games over 100 yds...and 1 was against the awesome saints...lol

VS. ATLANTA 1 12 67 5.6 15 0 5
VS. BUFFALO 2 26 119 4.6 28 0 5
VS. CAROLINA 1 23 132 5.7 58 1 5
VS. CLEVELAND 1 12 56 4.7 11 0 3
VS. DENVER 1 22 57 2.6 15 0 2
VS. KANSAS CITY 1 8 95 11.9 65 1 2
VS. NEW ENGLAND 2 22 85 3.9 16 0 4
VS. NEW ORLEANS 1 23 106 4.6 35 0 5
VS. NEW YORK JETS 2 24 80 3.3 12 0 4
VS. OAKLAND 1 15 58 3.9 14 1 3
VS. SAN DIEGO 1 11 30 2.7 9 0 1
VS. TAMPA BAY 1 9 22 2.4 8 1 2

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 09-06-2006 at 05:33 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #23
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

The Dolphins are definitely gonna be improved, but if the Steelers had Ben tonight then I dont think the game would be as close as it will tonight now. Our running game has struggled for the last 6 or 7 games and we must fix that or we are gonna have a real hard time tonight when the Dolphins stack the line and make Batch make some plays...Good luck Phins fans but not this year...
God Bless
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #24
Meister
Water Boy

Member Number: 2986

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
I agree with you on most of the things, although I don't know why you are preaching to the steelers (maybe you are a closet steeler fan, I don't know) ... But I do have to disagree with you on a few things:

#1: The Steelers secondary is extremely underrated, esp. these past two years with the emergence of Ike and Troy, people are still caught up in the early 2000's with the likes of dwayne washington, etc. ... Fins secondary was completely depleted and the only guy i really liked in there (Poole) was released due to injury
Both secondaries are going to live or die depending on how much pressure the front seven puts on the opposing QB. All Miami's secondary is going to be asked to do is keep the WRs in front of them and make solid tackles. People look at the change from last season to this and see the exodous of big names they recognize like Madison and Shulters. While the names are no longer present there has been a big upgrade in speed and ability. Whether that translates to better production on the field remains to be seen. In the preseason the starters didnt allow anything through the air.

Quote:
#2: Ronnie Brown is going to be a beast this year (atleast I hope so considering I spent my first pick in my fantasy league on him) ... however, there are still questions surrounding both backs which is pretty much the same for both: Can they carry the full load?? I for one, am not a willie parker fan at all and would trade ten willie parkers for a quarter of the potential of a ronnie brown ... parker racked up all his yards last year in 5 games ... against teams that are notorious for not being able to stop the run ... I mean honestly ... houston, cincy, DETRIOT!?!?! ... TENNESSEE!!??!?! ... brown gets the edge by a long shot ... oh and another thing that I want to get off my chest ... willie parker holds a record for the longest run in the superbowl because he happened to be really fast and went through a whole that you could drive a dump truck through and then beat an OUT OF POSITION BACK-UP SAFETY ... the starter was hurt earlier in the game
I can't help but love Parker.... But you are right, there was a reason he wasnt starting at Carolina. The OLine sucked and he didn't have the vision to find the creases that someone like McGill could.

As a phins fan I'm certainly not sold on Ronnie yet....or this great breakout year everyone sees coming. If you take everything into consideration hes a great and versatile back already. Hes probably the second best reciever on the team after Chambers, is solid at picking up blitzers, and is a physical marvel. As for running skills, they just arent there yet. Like Parker if hes given an obvious hole he'll hit it and he has the speed to break away. Unlike Parker he combines the speed with impressive power and can run through tackles. But he misses cutback lanes, prefers running over people than trying to fake them out, and at times runs too upright.

Quote:
#3: I don't understand what was so impressive with the fins late season run last year ... Their only victim that had a winning record was the Chargers and LT had cracked ribs for the last 6 weeks of the regular season (this I know because his piss-poor play caused me my fantasy league championship last year) ... I hate to break it to ya but as scary as teams like Oakland, Buffalo, NYJ, Cleveland, Tennessee, and a Tom Brady-less patriots (which I'm pretty sure could then be compared to a JV High School team) ... well ... Ill just stop there

lastly ... I'm all for your love and support for the greater good and health of football in general ... but I hope that we absolutley crush the dolphins
Last season means nothing. I doubt either the phins or steelers players will care about their winning streaks when they start playing.
Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #25
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sTEELERS!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #26
Meister
Water Boy

Member Number: 2986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
Like previously stated, almost all points were covered, but let's re-review the secondary. You edge the Dolphins? Is that the same team that allowed TD passes of 48, 51, 55, and 62 yards in the first two preseason games? Even though Pittsburgh's secondary is the weakest part of our defense atleast we aren't possibly the weakest unit in the league.

EDGE: PITTSBURGH, BY A ENDLESS CREVASSE OF SPACE!
And who was beat on those plays? Mitchell, who is no longer on the roster, and Allen, a rookie who had attened all of one practice before being thrust into the lineup. (As a CB....a position which he hasnt played in 3 years)

If you want to evaluate a team based on preseason play at least limit the analysis to the players who will actually be on the field in the regular season. What transpires between backup players really shows nothing about how the team will perform in the games that count.
Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #27
4n2t0
Team Captain

Member Number: 1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister View Post
And who was beat on those plays? Mitchell, who is no longer on the roster, and Allen, a rookie who had attened all of one practice before being thrust into the lineup. (As a CB....a position which he hasnt played in 3 years)

If you want to evaluate a team based on preseason play at least limit the analysis to the players who will actually be on the field in the regular season. What transpires between backup players really shows nothing about how the team will perform in the games that count.
LMAO, are you for real? It's no secret to anyone that the Dolphins have one of the weakest secondary units. Oh wait, that's right, you have Travis Daniels. Will he even be playing tonight? Will Allen, nothing special there.

Last edited by 4n2t0; 09-07-2006 at 05:32 PM.
4n2t0 is offline   Reply With Quote