Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #81
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,174 Times in 2,656 Posts
Default Re: First day at Patriot training camp, Glengarry Glen Ross,R.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
ok, you are either just being the Devil's Advocate or dont be trying to get smart on me now.
lets see how Ben does in his first SB if the game is tied with 1:21 left and no timeouts and his defense totally gassed so that the game HAS to be won right there.
i relish that opportunity. hes proven he can do just that plenty of times in his short career. (dallas, jax, san diego, pats, jets, etc. the 2 minute drill is nothing to him) in fact i contend had he not made the game saving tackle against nick harper in the colts game ben wouldve driven the team down to score a td with a minute left in the game.

just remember tom brady didnt invent, nor does he have a monopoly on the game winning drive (contrary to what patfans believe)
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #82
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i relish that opportunity. hes proven he can do just that plenty of times in his short career. (dallas, jax, san diego, pats, jets, etc. the 2 minute drill is nothing to him) in fact i contend had he not made the game saving tackle against nick harper in the colts game ben wouldve driven the team down to score a td with a minute left in the game.

just remember tom brady didnt invent, nor does he have a monopoly on the game winning drive (contrary to what patfans believe)
nobody said he did. last time i checked Elway has the record with like 61 of them or so.
And Montana,Unitas,and Starr too. And dont forget a guy named Staubach. Its not just the number but when its done. Brady happens to be the best at it today.
Ben has had some great ones. theres just something about doing it to win a championship that just cant be blown off. Or assumed that another can do until he does.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #83
tony hipchest

is that a testament to brady or a knock on his supporting cast? plummer had a great # of come from behind wins with the cardinals.

elway does hold that record. and theres no way a 2nd year player like ben could ever match the accomplishments of a 6 year veteran like brady (3 sb in his 1st 2 years just dont add up). us meager steelerfans would just be happy with winning 1 belichick trophy regardless of whos at qb.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:53 PM   #84
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

[QUOTE=tony hipchest]is that a testament to brady or a knock on his supporting cast? plummer had a great # of come from behind wins with the cardinals.QUOTE]

I believe I addressed that already. Were any of Plummers come from behind win in the Super Bowl???
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #85
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

The idea was you were going to show us how Brady was affected in a Peyton Manning like fashion once he got hit early - you are saying his game deteriorates massively if he feels the heat.

Im telling you he couldnt have won all those regular season games, all those playoff games and all those SB's by being noticeably rattled after a big early hit!

We'll be waiting for your numerous examples of Brady wilting under the pressure of a "big early hit" - im sure you can list one Brady example for every Manning example we give you.

NM
hey! whadda you know? thats 2 games in a row where brady wilts after getting hit early. a fumble returned for a td is a great way to open up the season. sub .500 completion %. a bad int. 163 yds passing. offensively getting handled by the lowly bills! good thing dick jauron and the pats ty warren bailed brady out this time.

(damn this was a good thread. of course it wouldnt be as great if i were wrong.)

anyways the formula is in place. hit brady early and he will lose focus and start making uncharacteristic mistakes. he has a tendency to fold when rattled.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #86
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

= Litp

= Tony

Sorry, but I call'em as I see'em!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #87
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Come on. He said that he was thinking about Branch, and how he doesn't have anyone to throw the ball to anymore.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #88
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head View Post
Come on. He said that he was thinking about Branch, and how he doesn't have anyone to throw the balls to anymore.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote