Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #11
davidgrenier
Water Boy

Member Number: 2985
Default Re: Pittsburgh Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Pittsburgh has always been a beautiful city, but has really been cleaned up since most of the steel mills have closed and the addition of some beautiful new structures. The Burgh has a magic about it and those who live here know what I'm talking about.
I went to school at Pitt which is where I got infected with the Black and Gold fever. My wife's mom's side of the family is all from Western PA, and we flew to Pgh last year to watch the Superbowl in a Pittsburgh bar (in squirrel hill beneath a bowling alley, I can't remember the name of the place) with a buddy of ours rather than watching it at home in RI. It really is a beautiful city, and we both talk about buying a second home in Da Burgh once our house is paid off, and eventually retiring out there.
davidgrenier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:47 AM   #12
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Nice article. I remember my first trip out to Pittsburgh and how my wife and I were just blown away by all the Steelers pride in the city. Man every where you looked someone was sporting Steelers gear. It was truly an awesome experience. We can't wait to get back for another game.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #13
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

A lot of people who come here for the first time are amazed that Pittsburgh is not a dirty old steel town but a fairly modernized city with a deep history, great people and a hell of a lot of beauty. We love our Steelers fiercely, but most of us also support our Pirates and Pens no matter what type of season they have. We view them as one of our own and ride the ebbs and tides, always believing. No doubt in my mind - Pittsburgh is one of the best - if not THE best - cities out there.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #14
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

I read that Pittsburgh is one of the top 5 cleanest cities in the US. So people that like to claim that is is so dirty and trashy have obviously never been there.

Great article and pics. I really enjoyed them. THANKS!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #15
davidgrenier
Water Boy

Member Number: 2985

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7 View Post
I read that Pittsburgh is one of the top 5 cleanest cities in the US. So people that like to claim that is is so dirty and trashy have obviously never been there.

Great article and pics. I really enjoyed them. THANKS!
I'm not sure about cleanest. I remember having to wade through ankle-deep piles of trash every night on Forbes outside The O when I was at Pitt (mid-90s, maybe its gotten better?). However, I remember at the time reading that Pittsburgh had more green space than any other major city.
davidgrenier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #16
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgrenier View Post
I'm not sure about cleanest. I remember having to wade through ankle-deep piles of trash every night on Forbes outside The O when I was at Pitt (mid-90s, maybe its gotten better?). However, I remember at the time reading that Pittsburgh had more green space than any other major city.
Over the years they have really cleaned up the city. I am always suprised when I go to Pittsburgh.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #17
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7 View Post
Over the years they have really cleaned up the city. I am always suprised when I go to Pittsburgh.
Most definitely. Pittsburgh has come a long way since the early to mid 90's - people who haven't been here in a long time would be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, though, those rats with wings have decided to take up permanent residency in downtown Pittsburgh - can't get rid of them no how -LOL!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:19 AM   #18
Golden Wave
Water Boy

Member Number: 3059

yeah i still love going through the tunnel.
everythings almost like country. trees, and such. then enter the tunnel. i cant explaine it. the view and my steeler pride when exiting, or entering. lol (the tunnel i meen)1st time i went there i went in the offseason to see the band misfits play in a bar.
one of my friends came with me. and he was wearing titan gear. he got alcahol poured on him, and cans thrown at him. go steelers!
Golden Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #19
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Awesome article. Eisen did a great job.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:32 PM   #20
SteelManiac7
Water Boy

Member Number: 2685

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgrenier View Post
Oakland is actually one of the areas in Pittsburgh that has been cleaned up quite well. Oakland used to be a complete dump, especially in the times you were talking about, but it's really coming along nicely.
SteelManiac7 is offline   Reply With Quote