Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #41
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: Editorial in todays Cincinnati Enquirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7 View Post
I definately feel your pain. Do you remember 3 yrs. ago when you never saw anything Bengals anywhere!!! Not even in the Sports Memorabilla stores! Definately no one was wearing anything Bengals (and you still don't see any old merchandise)
However, I love wearing my Steelers stuff and letting the Bengals know we still own them and will for a very long time!
You go girl!!!!!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #42
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Typical Bandwagon-Bungles fans. How many people still sport their Akili Smith jerseys?

Hate to admit it...I still got my Kordell jersey in the garage.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #43
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7 View Post
Definately no one was wearing anything Bengals (and you still don't see any old merchandise)
I don't know about other Bengals fans, but I keep my Peter Warrick, Corey Dillon, and Jeff Blake jerseys in the closet.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #44
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
I don't know about other Bengals fans, but I keep my Peter Warrick, Corey Dillon, and Jeff Blake jerseys in the closet.
well then you are one of the few, however, can you say you actually wore that stuff in during the 15 yr drought? I do know some die hards (2 to be exact) that were there in the bad times, but for the most part we all know that most have just come out of the closest the past 2 or 3 yrs.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #45
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person A and not B View Post
Hahaha, I've lived in Dayton ohio my entire life, and even though that's only an hour north, I have plenty of examples of bengals fans being rude jerks.. in and out of their stadium.

I'll start by saying that I have good friends who are Browns as well as Bengals fans. Fans anywhere, can be managable or incredibly bad. This is just an answer to someone who obviously goes to games wearing a blindfold.. and hasn't looked around much on the internet or even the area where he/she lives.

I'll start with a few personal examples. One of which, has made me realize that if you are a Steelers fan, you SHOULD NOT go to cinci wearing Steelers clothes. Yeah, there have always been fights at games as long as I can remember, but the last few years (coincidentally when people started jumping onto bengal-bandwagon) they've been worse, and not just in the stadium. The night of the playoffs last year, there were fights all over the place in bars and restauraunts.. even all the way up here. An hour north of cincinnatti. Not just one, either.. and even in a decent area restaurant there was a brawl, not a fight.. a brawl where several people were arrested. My brother called to tell me this while we were trying to get out of the stadium in one piece. I couldn't believe it, people were picking fights all over the stadium that night, the security couldn't handle it. It was like the fans were waiting for the security to go after other people first so they could get their hits in. ROWS of people were getting paint thrown on them. A guy I met on the way in the stadium left with blood all over him. He said he'd never come back.. as I'm sure was the feeling of more than just him. I saw girls get hit that didn't even do anything. Something like that shouldn't ever happen.. no matter how gross or nasty the girls are. lol. I think that's enough on the night of the playoffs game last year.

My sister has had one or more of her windows shattered on her car three times just last season, once with 'who dey' scratched into her car with most likely a key. The guys I work with Wear jerseys and hats but tell people under them they can't wear non-bengals NFL merchandise. (but they can wear NCAA merchandise.) lol, they were being awful ruthless to the guy who likes the browns today. I felt bad for him.

Lets see, they're quick to call people cheaters but quick to say they're not. They make internet videos and even songs about ONE hit.. from last season. They act like it was the end of his career. Some people have even gone as far as to portray it as a pre-planned thing.. like they're freakin' mobsters. If we beat the Colts, we could take the Bengals. Oh, and I'm tired of hearing "Lets see what happens when Carson plays." I love hearing that, and I hear it alot. I just say "What, this season is different. Where were you all those times we beat you last season?"

Sorry just pent up "I live around Bengals fans" feelings. If you get booed by someone you don't even know, chances are you're Bengals country. But theres also a pretty good chance they don't know anything about the team three years ago. I've said it before - I feel sorry for bengals fans that have been around for the bad and the good.. because now they have to put up with their new fans. Yaaarrrr. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I feel your pain. I lived down in Hamilton for 10 years, but now I'm stuck in Canton. It isn't too bad, it's about half Browns/half Steelers. And honestly, there were no problems for Steeler fans down there until about 3 years ago (or until Carson Palmer was named God).....
Old 09-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #46
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Combine Ohio hillbilly and Kentucky redneck and you have Bengal fans.

The worst of both states.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #47
Person A and not B
Water Boy

Member Number: 3076

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
Person A and not B, There are some great Steeler friendly places to hang out when you're in Cincy. I live north of the city. I've worn my Steeler gear all over with no problems....maybe a mouthy comment or two but nothing unexpected. I've got my CincySteelers decal on my car with no problem either. Sorry you've experienced such trouble. Check out Martinos the next time you're here...owned by former Pittsburghers. You'll find plenty of friendlies there!
I will definately look it up, thanks. Yeah, there are good places, its just that you can't guess on game night, theres no "I've never been there, lets try it out" when its game night. lol
Person A and not B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #48
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Speaking of old jerseys..anyone know where I can score an authentic/replithentic Levon Kirkland?

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #49
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Person A and B..........there will be a full house of Steeler fans at Martino's in Clifton on Sunday GUARNATEED....we're reserving our table today. I'll have my cincysteelersfans.com t-shirt on (unless it's cold).......stop over and say hello!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote