Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-20-2006, 08:33 PM   #11
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: Polamalu and Holmes: Questionable

If Troy is hurting as bad as he was Mon. he needs to sit. I love him,but I think he was a liability on Mon.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #12
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

chad is a donkey. he is picking a fight with the toughest and strongest team. dumbassssss
Old 09-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head View Post
If Troy is hurting as bad as he was Mon. he needs to sit. I love him,but I think he was a liability on Mon.
It is a tough call - Troy is the best player on the team and it is a big risk not playing him in what, as I look at the schedule, is a crucial early season game.

OTOH not playing Troy Sunday might actually allow him to heal up with a bye week to follow. The fact he is practicing makes me belive he will play.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:46 PM   #14
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
chad is a donkey. he is picking a fight with the toughest and strongest team. dumbassssss
In all seriousness, Troy did not play a good game, he was visibly hurt and he should NOT have played. If he does play on Sunday and plays like he did on MNF, he will not be productive.

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #15
CrimsonSteeler3443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3022

I can't wait to see Porter lay a massive hit on Johnson like that dude from the browns.

P.S.- who was that anyway?
CrimsonSteeler3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSteeler3443 View Post
P.S.- who was that anyway?
(DB) Brian Russell
Old 09-20-2006, 10:46 PM   #17
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
Holmes, with a foot injury? Is that why he was running so freakin' slow? And jeez...Polamalu? Dammit...as much as i hate it, he's probably gonna have to sit out.

He should have sat out on Monday also. He sure didn't look too good out there trying to tackle with 1 arm.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:18 AM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Polamalu hampered by shoulder injury

By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 21, 2006

It was a play that could have changed the game.

It was a play Troy Polamalu could have made, if only ...

Second-and-five from the Jacksonville 13-yard line, Jaguars quarterback Byron Leftwich looked for wide receiver Reggie Williams on a flanker screen along the near sideline.

Polamalu, the Steelers' All-Pro strong safety, anticipated the play, jumped the route and deflected the ball with his left hand but failed to intercept it.

That's how close a 3-0, fourth-quarter Jaguars lead came to turning into a 7-3 Steelers advantage.

"I reached out there with my right arm," Polamalu said Wednesday, the Steelers' first day back at practice following Monday night's 9-0 loss. "I think if I would have had maybe about three or four more inches, which I probably could have (if I were) healthy, but who knows if I would have even caught the ball, anyway, you know?"

What's certain is Polamalu is playing at less than 100 percent efficiency -- to the extent that his gait is noticeably different on and off the field due to a right shoulder injury sustained in the Steelers' 28-17, season-opening win over Miami on Sept. 7.

"You guys have seen it, I guess," Polamalu said to a media assemblage. "It's just tough to let my arm hang, in general. If walking is tough, tackling (Jacksonville's) Fred Taylor or any running back for that matter is always going to be tough."

Polamalu opened last week listed as questionable on the Steelers' injury report but was quickly upgraded to probable.

He characterized his injury prior to the Jacksonville game as "a bone bruise, a shoulder contusion and something with my bursa sac."

It's not a condition Polamalu anticipates having to deal with all season.

"I'm sure it'll go away, God willing," he said yesterday.

The Steelers had to adjust the way Polamalu attacked in Jacksonville, and they might have to do so again when Cincinnati visits Heinz Field on Sunday.

"He still made the correct reads, the correct calls," cornerback Deshea Townsend said. "You probably didn't see him just throwing his body in there as much because of the shoulder, but he still went out there and played a good game.

"Certain defenses where he might have had the chance to sacrifice his body, he might have sent (free safety) Ryan (Clark). That allowed him to play that much longer."

Polamalu finished with three tackles and two passes defended.

"Ryan did a good job to help complement me and keep me out of certain situations," Polamalu said. "We played great team defense, but we missed a lot of tackles and could have done a lot of things better.

"There are a lot of things I could have done better."

Polamalu practiced yesterday but was listed on the injury report as questionable for Sunday.

"There are a lot of people playing with pain and injuries on this team that I'm sure you guys don't even know about," he said. "And if it was up to me, you guys wouldn't even know about this injury. But, unfortunately, I guess, it's that obvious. You just have to push through it, just like everybody else on this team."

"I'm just one guy of 11 on this defense, just one arm of 22."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_471471.html
Old 09-21-2006, 12:30 AM   #19
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: Polamalu and Holmes: Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Also for what it's worth....

Chad Johnson has started. He called out Joey Porter to meet him on the 50 yard line. He also stated somebody has to pay for his own QB throwing a bonehead pass across the middle in which Chad was almost decapitated.
OK so Chad's gonna make Porter pay for it. I can't wait until Sunday! I'm predicting at least 4 sacks on Palmer!
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote