Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default A Little friendly chat

Ok.. I am a very hardcore fan of the greatest team in the NFL.. I love the Steelers
Now, lately or the last few years I have grown more heart led to be nicer to the opponents fans and I thank God every day for the change of heart that I have had..
I just want everyone maybe to just join in and be nice and have a friendly chat about what makes your team your favorite team... give us some reasons why you chose your team and how long have you rooted for your team?
Of course mine is the Steelers
I have loved these guys since the late 70's and remember the days of Mark Malone and Rich Erenberg and Eric Green and the bust of a pick that was RB Tim Worley and OT John Reinstra... up to DB Rod Woodson holding out before he signed after being drafted and that let Delton Hall and Thomas Everrett get alot of playin time in before he got to actually play.. John Stallworth and Louis Lipps combining for a great team at WR... to the first night that Neil O'Donnell taking over and almost leading us back to beat the Jets I believe...
Now... all you Bengals Pats Eagles or whoever fans lets hear a little about ya..hey... and lets keep it clean please..and God Bless
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Re: A Little friendly chat

im only 15, but ive been a steelers fan since i was about 8-9. i live in south ohio, where all the bengals fans grow.nice to hear about ya WDS06.(abbreviation)
Old 09-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Seems like you and I are about the same age, I might be a little older, I remember all of the players that you have mentioned. I always loved the Steelers, always will remember my dad taking me to see them. Him taking me to my first game was against the Bills, and OJ had a field day on us that day! :( And he took me to the 2 playoff games vs the Broncos, then the Oilers in AFC Championship game, the one where We don't want a Bum in Miami! Earl Campbell went no where that day! And remeber before that, I was mad because I couldn't go to the Immaculate Reception game. Dad took my uncle instead!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
Steelillini
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2040

Of course, I too am a Steeler fan and I am from Illinois. I've been a fan since the early 70's and remember some of the early playoff games vs. Miami the year they went undefeated and the Baltimore game from 1976 before being beaten by the Raiders and missing out on our 3rd Super Bowl, and of course remember all the Super Bowls.

My first football memories were actually a Saints football uniform I had when I was 6 or 7 (1970). But from then on it was always Steelers (must have had a thing for Black and Gold). I hate to say it but I always liked Archie Manning--maybe that is why the Saints uniform. Being in Illinois, it was hard to get Steeler stuff but I always got something Steelers for Christmas---remember the mini helmet that was a radio--I had one of those.

Now as an adult with my own kids I have achieved a new level of love for the Steelers. I have got my 2 boys hooked and have actually been to a few games, although the last 3 games I have been to they have lost. Purchasing Steeler merchandise is almost too easy now, so a lot of Black n Gold in my house.

I guess you wanted to know why I chose the Steelers---my only reasoning is the fact that in the early 70's I was around 8/9 years old and was getting into sports so I followed the teams that were good. Steelers in football, Knicks in basketball (Cubs in baseball as my entire extended family were Cub fans). It didn't hurt that my older brother by one year liked the Cowboys and Lakers respectively. Kind of a friendly sibling rivalry..........
Steelillini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

yeh man... I remember when the Cowboys and us were very big rivals.. I remember me and my best friends gettin 2 gether and watching those games.. with me and my big brother and 1 cousin all being Steelers fans and other friends and cuz liking' the Cowboys... even preseason meant something with all of us... miss those days of real rivals.. maybe if us and the Bungals can stay good and the Ravens and Browns pick up the pace our AFC North can start gettin some respect around here...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote