Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-14-2006, 09:39 PM   #21
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored
Default Re: Favorite Steeler of all time.

I think my avatar and sig tell you that.

Only Jersey I own is a Lambert.

Ham, Bettis, Rocky Bleir, Harris, and Donnie Shell are my favorites.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #22
FSUBoo
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2907

I don't know if I could choose a favorite Steeler of all time. It would have to be several. I won't mention any of the Steel Curtain players since I'm only 20. But I would have to say that my favorites are:

Jerome Bettis-I have respect for this man for the fact that he ran for that many yards while being as big as he is. He was the heart of our franchise from the time he got here till the time he left, and I will miss seeing him in uniform.

Joey Porter-What could you not like about the big plays (i.e. sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions) that he delivers year in and year out.

James Farrior-I know he hasn't always been a Steeler, but he is a passionate leader along the types of Ray Lewis, just not as verbal and loud.

Casey Hampton-What more can I say than the fact that we would not be able to play a 3-4 if not for him.

Hines Ward-Gotta love a reciever that hits like a fullback. He is a true throwback to the recievers of old. Not flashy, but gets the job done and strikes fear into the hearts of DBs when he is blocking on run plays.

Alan Faneca-One of the best Offensive linemen ever to don the Steelers uniform. One of the best, if not the best offensive guards in football.

Big Ben- I gotta love a quarterback that doesn't lose us the game. He continually takes care of the ball while doing what they ask him. I liked him at Miami of Ohio.

Troy Polamalu-All I will say is that he is one of the best safeties in the game today.

Those were the current Steelers that I like, so here are the former ones.

Levon Kirkland-Great run stuffer, which is what I want in a Steelers LB.

Greg Lloyd-Continued the great tradition of Steelers LB.

Kendrell Bell-When healthy, he was, in my opinion, one of the best pass rushing MLBs of all time. Also could tear up a running play.

Ernie Mills-Just because I graduated from the same High School that he did. (Dunnellon HS, Dunnellon, FL.)
FSUBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #23
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

You guys make me feel really old.. hardly any of the 70's boys.

Lambert
Webstar
Kolb, the original bare armed BEAST!!
Swan
Rocky,ya got to have loved his heart
Old 09-16-2006, 09:32 PM   #24
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

I'm 19, so not too many old ones here:

Big Ben = You can't ignore a rookie season like he had and only with his help, we were able to get number 5. His fighting spirit and undeniable potential put him at #1 for me.

Bettis = Through gradeschool up until last year (freshmen year in college), I've seen people wearing this jersey week in and week out. He's a staple of Steelers football and epitomizes everything it's about.

Troy = Fun to watch. Bustling with talent.

Hines = always a smile on his face as he blocks and catches. Also has the same nostalgia-factor as Bettis.

Lambert = Fun to watch like Troy

Bradshaw = Manned the helm to win FOUR Super Bowls
Old 10-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #25
FHarris32
Water Boy

Member Number: 3183

This is a easy question for me... Hes the man who made me a Steeler fan for life... I used to sit on my dads knee on Sundays and watch the game, my dad is a Packer fan and had hopes that I too would be, but this was the 70s... and the Steelers dominated back then... I remember just sitting in awe of him. Still to this day I get tears in my eyes watching the old games, and kinda wishing I could go back just one sunday and sit in my dads lap in front of the old tube and watch them play.. espeically my boy... "Franco Harris #32", forever remembered by many for the "Immaculate reception"... but always remembered by me for everything he did!