Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #11
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Michael Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 View Post
LMAO....

We have a young, perennial 1200-1500 yard back...and everyone wants to move up in round one to draft a RB with a broken leg???

God..I hate bye weeks.......
You and me both!!!
I don't understand it. Players make more money, have better lives, and yet they need a break in between it all? I thought that's what February - June was for?

I still remember a day when the NFL meant football was football!

Oh to only dream of days long gone!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:42 PM   #12
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

lets just lose the rest of our games.......Get the number 1 pick in the draft....thats if the browns win a game this year......and then trade it away for some great picks in 2008 draft.
Bye week...
Old 10-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #13
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
lets just lose the rest of our games.......Get the number 1 pick in the draft....thats if the browns win a game this year......and then trade it away for some great picks in 2008 draft.
Bye week...

we can get back to talking rationally any day now....
Old 10-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
Bye week...

Who's talking about losing ?,......perhaps your taking this in the wrong context. The point is we have a shot at Bush even with repeating. Given the fact he could end up in our Range to move up for. (ie Santonio Holmes)

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #15
jason97673
Water Boy

Member Number: 3192

This is my first post here because ESPN forums are trolled too much.

Anyway, we do not need a running back. An Outside Linebacker, or Middle LB is the most important position we need right now. Maybe DE because Keisel is a bit small for a DE in the 3-4.

Reason is Porter and Hagans contracts are up at the end of this season. Chances are we will only keep one of them. We have Harisson who could fill in great if one leaves but who is to say he will be consistant over all 16 games like Porter and Hagans normally are.

Another Position is Offensive Lineman

Porter, Aaron Smith, Farrior, Faneca, Hagans, Hoke, Polamalu, Simmons, Okobi, Kirsche, Colcough, Essex, Wallace, Kemoeatu.

That is alot of money. 3 of our 4 Linebackers are up for Contract. Farrior may be gone cuz he is getting older and slower. And Hagans or Porter might be gone. Hartings will be retired, Simmons could be gone or resigned.

We need a Linebacker bad. If Farrior and Porter go we are stuck with Foote, Hagans, Harisson, and Rian Wallace? I dont like that idea.
jason97673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:22 AM   #16
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 View Post
OK..I'll participate in this....

You dont trade up..in the FIRST ROUND....to take a secondary RB.....

you just....dont...especially one with a nasty broken leg......
alright ... wait ... benson on the bears sure has taken the back seat the last two years ... reggie bush in new orleans ... williams to carolina ... I think the whole point of drafting michael bush if it happened would be to COMPLEMENT parker ... or actually i would hope the other way around ... parker can do some pretty good work against the likes of miami and cincy, but wait until this week vs. San Diego ... if he goes past 50 yards against them i would be impressed ... we don't have a big back that can wear a team down ... parker should never go above 10-15 carries a game ... i just dont think he's suited to be an every down back ... not to mention until these past two years he really has never carried the load for a team (which is another thing that concerns me) ... the steelers need another RB that can take 20 or so carries a game and take pressure off ben and parker ... I would much rather see two pairs of fresh legs with loads of DIFFERENT TYPE of talent to offer to our running game than rely soley on parker.

anyway, here's to hoping that ben gets his shizz straight, our recievers learn to hold on to the ball, and our secondary stops giving up such big passes
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #17
jason97673
Water Boy

Member Number: 3192

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
alright ... wait ... benson on the bears sure has taken the back seat the last two years ... reggie bush in new orleans ... williams to carolina ... I think the whole point of drafting michael bush if it happened would be to COMPLEMENT parker ... or actually i would hope the other way around ... parker can do some pretty good work against the likes of miami and cincy, but wait until this week vs. San Diego ... if he goes past 50 yards against them i would be impressed ... we don't have a big back that can wear a team down ... parker should never go above 10-15 carries a game ... i just dont think he's suited to be an every down back ... not to mention until these past two years he really has never carried the load for a team (which is another thing that concerns me) ... the steelers need another RB that can take 20 or so carries a game and take pressure off ben and parker ... I would much rather see two pairs of fresh legs with loads of DIFFERENT TYPE of talent to offer to our running game than rely soley on parker.

anyway, here's to hoping that ben gets his shizz straight, our recievers learn to hold on to the ball, and our secondary stops giving up such big passes

10-15 carries a game? Are you crazy (No offense ) but he has def proved he can handle it well atleast early in the year. We dont know what will happen later though but he is def better than last year. He runs with more power then he ever has.
jason97673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #18
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post

Am I the only one not sold on this "big back" system to wear the defense down? I think Willie can carry the load this year. Running the ball hard doesn't mean having to run the ball and hit every defensive player while your at it. You have to find the hole, hit it, and dodge as many defenders while preserving your body. Warrick Dunn has put up big yards his whole career, and is still able to run after 10 years, weighing in at 180 pounds.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #19
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

i think we could get michael bush but i dont want all of that talent to be a backup, we might as well wait until the 3rd or 4th round and get a big back.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #20
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason97673 View Post
10-15 carries a game? Are you crazy (No offense ) but he has def proved he can handle it well atleast early in the year. We dont know what will happen later though but he is def better than last year. He runs with more power then he ever has.
what i meant was 10-15 carries for parker ... 20ish carries for (insert name here ... i wish Michael Bush) ... and then a few for haynes every once in awhile ... this would take a LOAD of pressure off of ben. parker is just not the kind of back taht is going to wear a team down, yes he might have added a little weight this off season, but i also think that hes been listening to some critics a little too much (it seems like hes sometimes a little TOO patient and sometimes dances around waiting for a perfect cutback lane or hole to open up ... which is good considering last year i just saw him explode right INTO a pile and go nowhere ... but now ... esp. noticeable in the j-ville game ... he was waiting a little too long to hit a whole or take it to the outside)
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote