Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-12-2005, 06:28 AM   #21
Steel Fury
Water Boy

Member Number: 487
Default Re: Will you welcome back Hines?

what scares me is this: I heard Mort say on NFL Live last night that Hines is willing to sit out until week 6 when he has to report to be elegible for free agency. I can't picture this happening. I don't know how I would feel if it came to this. I keep expecting to wake up and hear something happened over night and there he is in camp smiling it up.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #22
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Fury
what scares me is this: I heard Mort say on NFL Live last night that Hines is willing to sit out until week 6 when he has to report to be elegible for free agency. I can't picture this happening. I don't know how I would feel if it came to this. I keep expecting to wake up and hear something happened over night and there he is in camp smiling it up.
See if he does that....I won't welcome him back. I will still chear for him like I have every other Steeler (even the ones I don't really care for)! If it goes into the regular season, knowing how much we need him or a replacement for him, I will be pissed. Not only is he hurting the organization, but also the fans and his teamates. If we were to lose most of those games because we don't have a go to man, who would honestly be happy with him.
Now on the other hand, if he decides to report to camp...I will welcome him back...but like I said earlier, I will never look at him the same again! That's not saying he won't still be one of my favorites on the field if he produces, but not off the field!
I think we all know how much we need him to suceed this year. If he decides to not come back...we need to find a replacement now!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #23
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I agree BBG7 I will not be a big Hines fan if it comes to a week six showing. If that is what happens, then he needs to be traded before that. Because he wouldn``t be planning on sticking around.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #24
McNabbulous5
Water Boy

Member Number: 352

I must say that Hines Ward has a boat load more class than what T.O does. T.O is one of the biggest babies that I have seen. I mean I have to support T.O as long as he is on the Eagles squad but you don't hear on the news everyday about Hines Ward on different sports shows pouting about his contract situation and you dont hear about Hines on the news bringin out his weights and tryin to get attention. I have a lot of respect for Hines Ward. Just wish our receiver was the same... If I was in your shoes as fans I would welcome Hines back with open arms
McNabbulous5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:25 PM   #25
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I realize you have to look out for yourself, and you only have a certain amount of time to roll in the big cash..but Damn, how much bigger do you want. How many games will it take for you to get your point across! How much time will you lose working out w/ Ben and the offense just to get a few more millions. Hines, I love ya man, you're one of my favorite Steelers of all time, I followed your career at Georgia, I've got your autograph on a helmet, You're the best all around WR in the league as far as im concerned. You're the ultimate team guy. You are adored by fans all over the world and an inspiration to sports and non sports fans alike. But how much will it take !!! :(
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:24 AM   #26
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Fury
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05225/553553.stm

Despite their stance of not negotiating with players who are not in training camp, the Steelers continue to have discussions with the agents for holdout receiver Hines Ward and have talked directly to the four-time Pro Bowl performer.

Nonetheless, the Steelers are no closer to resolving their differences with Ward, who is seeking a contract extension, and are now being led to believe he eventually will report later in the season merely to play out the final year of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent.

Ward would have to report to the Steelers by the 10th week of the regular season and be on the 53-man roster for the final six games to be credited with fulfilling the final year of his contract.

Once he does that, he can become an unrestricted free agent and is free to sign with another team.

Ward's agent, Eugene Parker, could not be reached for comment.

A report on ESPN Thursday night said Ward is resigned to sitting out the first six games of the season before reporting. When asked yesterday about the report, coach Bill Cowher said, "I don't want to comment on that."
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:26 AM   #27
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

If he comes back with the extension I would not have a probllem with him being back. If he comes back for the last six games so that he could become an unrestricted free agent next year then I would not like that. Maybe I need to find him down here in ATL and give him a good STEELER Fan pep talk. (lol) This whole thing could have been avoided if the Steelers would have taken care of him in the offseason and not a week or two before camp opened. We could have went through this period then without needing to be in camp. I would really hate to see Ward leave. Just pay the guy, he deserves the money.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #28
jifrmk
Water Boy

Member Number: 543

Hines Ward is the Man, we all know that... without hom the steelers will have a hard time converting 3rd downs and making the big plays....RB be prepared to run if Hines dosen't come back... I he does I welcome him with open arms.... If not sit out the whole season...
jifrmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #29
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

the biggest thing is to watch if we start to fine him, or ask for signing bonus money back, till then its each side for themselves doing what is long term best for each. If Ward wants 10-12 mil bonuses he will have to go elsewhere, but he can't do it until next year. We want him to stay, but not at the expense of getting our entire team competitive every year. Our bet is if we keep focusing on our run game, can we find a wr that can haul in 90% of what Ward did.