Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,554 Times in 3,980 Posts
Default Randy Moss To The Patriots?

i havent seen or heard anyone mention this but it just seems too obvious. while it made sense that r. moss would be willing to leave oakland he made it official in a recent foxsports interview where he said theres alot of people not happy there and he would be more than willing to play somewhere else.

everyone knows the pats have talked to the raiders. they couldnt have worked out a trade for d. gabriel otherwise. im sure feelers were put out for players like moss or porter. there were rumors they were interested in lelie. the one thing that has hurt them the most this year has been the lack of a deep threat. in fact, moss is such a deep threat, you have to wonder if brady has the armstrength to keep up. sometimes culpepper didnt. moss would have his most accurate passer since his rookie year where he put up 17 td's.

moss wouldnt be that much more than d. branch's asking price. the money saved by not having vinatieri or branch could probably pay for moss in itself. why would a team that is supposedly committed to fielding a playoff team year after year, stockpile money and risk alienating its star player?

i cant see why the patriots wouldnt try to make this happen. the precedent is there when they moved to acquired c. dillon. the passing game now is almost in the same situation the running game was then.

the question is what would it take to pry moss from al davis's hands?

the pats 1st round draft pick in 07
m. cassell and
c. jackson?

i was beginning to think if the pats receiving game didnt start to pick up like it did against the bengals we could even see a trade this season especially if it continued to get worse.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i havent seen or heard anyone mention this but it just seems too obvious. while it made sense that r. moss would be willing to leave oakland he made it official in a recent foxsports interview where he said theres alot of people not happy there and he would be more than willing to play somewhere else.

everyone knows the pats have talked to the raiders. they couldnt have worked out a trade for d. gabriel otherwise. im sure feelers were put out for players like moss or porter. there were rumors they were interested in lelie. the one thing that has hurt them the most this year has been the lack of a deep threat. in fact, moss is such a deep threat, you have to wonder if brady has the armstrength to keep up. sometimes culpepper didnt. moss would have his most accurate passer since his rookie year where he put up 17 td's.

moss wouldnt be that much more than d. branch's asking price. the money saved by not having vinatieri or branch could probably pay for moss in itself. why would a team that is supposedly committed to fielding a playoff team year after year, stockpile money and risk alienating its star player?

i cant see why the patriots wouldnt try to make this happen. the precedent is there when they moved to acquired c. dillon. the passing game now is almost in the same situation the running game was then.

the question is what would it take to pry moss from al davis's hands?

the pats 1st round draft pick in 07
m. cassell and
c. jackson?

i was beginning to think if the pats receiving game didnt start to pick up like it did against the bengals we could even see a trade this season especially if it continued to get worse.

Wow..that would leave the Raiders admitting that their franchise is falling apart. Gabriel gone...Porter benched.... and Randy traded....I think the Raider fanbase would burn down the stadium!!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,554 Times in 3,980 Posts

admitting they have a problem is the first step to recovery.

and raiderfans have already proven they will burn down their own neighborhoods so thats nothing new to them. par for the course. moss is the trophy piece of the team so it would take alot to get him. if he were traded though i'd sure like to see him play with b. farve.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I wouldn't rule out a move for Moss by the Patriots - but I think he is a long way from the type of player the Patriots can afford on their roster.

Alot was made of Dillons 'character issues' but the guy was willing to take a pay cut to get a ring, which is something I doubt Moss would do.

This subject has been batted around for a few days now on the Patriots forum, but more as a 'fantasy scenario' rather than something that might actually happen.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...t=42892&page=1

How are the Steelers fixed for salary cap space?

Pittsburgh currently ranks as a bottom 5 team in terms of passing the ball (YPG) despite having a middle rank amount of attempts.

I would say that their need is greater.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I honestly didn't believe that Moss would be happy in Raiderville, but I can almost guarante that the Rooneys/Cowher wouldn't have any interest whatsoever in him because of his attitude issues. Historically, the Steelers have tried to stay away from those types of players and I don't see that changing.

If the Pats are indeed interested in Moss, I would be a little shocked, as (1) Kraft is a cheapo and a miser and (2) the Pats tend to shy away from problem children, as well. I think he'd be a good fit for the Bungles, though - one more huge ego and attitude problem. Their locker room would totally implode.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I honestly didn't believe that Moss would be happy in Raiderville, but I can almost guarante that the Rooneys/Cowher wouldn't have any interest whatsoever in him because of his attitude issues. Historically, the Steelers have tried to stay away from those types of players and I don't see that changing.

If the Pats are indeed interested in Moss, I would be a little shocked, as (1) Kraft is a cheapo and a miser and (2) the Pats tend to shy away from problem children, as well. I think he'd be a good fit for the Bungles, though - one more huge ego and attitude problem. Their locker room would totally implode.
Whereas the Rooneys are second only to Daniel Snyder for splashing the cash on player signings

NM
Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Whereas the Rooneys are second only to Daniel Snyder for splashing the cash on player signings

NM
I think that we can all agree that the worst kept secret to both the Steelers and the Patriots success is drafting and trading for cohesion...not for talent alone....Our team-first mentality would NEVER allow a me-first player like Randy...The added benifit of this is that out money is wrapped up in players with some sort of positive locker room influence and not stuck in malcontents like Moss and Owens.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

NM
LOL - I'll never argue that the Rooneys are a little tight with the buck, LITP, but the Steelers aren't rumored to be interested in Moss - the Pats ARE.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I think that we can all agree that the worst kept secret to both the Steelers and the Patriots success is drafting and trading for cohesion...not for talent alone....Our team-first mentality would NEVER allow a me-first player like Randy...The added benifit of this is that out money is wrapped up in players with some sort of positive locker room influence and not stuck in malcontents like Moss and Owens.
Well said.

For a copycat league its amazing how slow some other franchises are to catch on to this.

What you gain with output from Moss, you would probably lose in other areas he has an negative effect on.

NM
Old 10-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #10
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

moss would love to be on a good team, he can replace deon branch by catching +90 passes a year.