Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #21
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post

I agree LITP. Moss would give the Steelers that deep threat and a nice big target for their interception prone QB.
Thanks HW,

You'd think that it would be easy to comprehend that rookie receivers do not, on the whole, contribute too much in their first couple of years.

You'd have to be kinda delirious to say Moss wasn't needed because you have two guys who can barely catch a ball between them, both in their first years - one of them can't even get on the field as a punt returner - I guess thats because they have alot of talent at not fumbling the ball on punt returns!

I wish we woulda picked up that Chad Jackson - he could have developed into a nice deep threat.

Oh well.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,591 Times in 3,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
Yeah, that would be the stopper, otherwise they'd do it in a heartbeat.
yeah, i guess i agree. it would kinda be like putting tits on a bull.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #23
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Thanks HW,

You'd have to be kinda delirious to say Moss wasn't needed because you have two guys who can barely catch a ball between them, both in their first years - one of them can't even get on the field as a punt returner - I guess thats because they have alot of talent at not fumbling the ball on punt returns!

NM
I think you'd have to be even more delirious to bring a whining, locker room morale busting, spoiled brat primadonna into an organization whose reputation is built on team comradery, high morale and character. Though I would love nothing more for the Steelers to have all of the pieces of the puzzle fitting this season to take a repeat run at the Super Bowl, I am patient enough to wait and watch our young corps of WRs develop properly and come into their own, instead of being pushed into trying to make achievements that they just aren't capable of or ready for in their first season.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #24
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I think you'd have to be even more delirious to bring a whining, locker room morale busting, spoiled brat primadonna into an organization whose reputation is built on team comradery, high morale and character.
see, thats my point. the pats are great with those types of players. it would work for both sides and cure what ails both parties.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #25
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

I would love to trade Moss. What good is he on this Raider team? We have an O line that can't protect the QB (no matter who it is) long enough for Moss to get downfield. He is primarily a deep threat... he is useless to us right now.

By the time we become a decent team again, Moss will be 31-33 years old... past his prime.

The Raiders might as well trade him and get some OL or DL help or, my preference, draft picks.

I have also heard that the Jags were interested.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 PM   #26
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I would love to trade Moss. What good is he on this Raider team? We have an O line that can't protect the QB (no matter who it is) long enough for Moss to get downfield. He is primarily a deep threat... he is useless to us right now.

By the time we become a decent team again, Moss will be 31-33 years old... past his prime.

The Raiders might as well trade him and get some OL or DL help or, my preference, draft picks.

I have also heard that the Jags were interested.
i guess hes just as useless to the pats. brady could be protected all day but it dont mean much if he cant get tha ball more than 45 yards down field. too bad the steelers dont have millions of $$$ of excess cap space or anyone theyre willing to part with (although they have 3-4 back up linemen who would probably be an upgrade to the raiders: essex, kemoeatu, colon, and okolbi)
Old 10-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #27
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i havent seen or heard anyone mention this but it just seems too obvious. while it made sense that r. moss would be willing to leave oakland he made it official in a recent foxsports interview where he said theres alot of people not happy there and he would be more than willing to play somewhere else.

everyone knows the pats have talked to the raiders. they couldnt have worked out a trade for d. gabriel otherwise. im sure feelers were put out for players like moss or porter. there were rumors they were interested in lelie. the one thing that has hurt them the most this year has been the lack of a deep threat. in fact, moss is such a deep threat, you have to wonder if brady has the armstrength to keep up. sometimes culpepper didnt. moss would have his most accurate passer since his rookie year where he put up 17 td's.

moss wouldnt be that much more than d. branch's asking price. the money saved by not having vinatieri or branch could probably pay for moss in itself. why would a team that is supposedly committed to fielding a playoff team year after year, stockpile money and risk alienating its star player?

i cant see why the patriots wouldnt try to make this happen. the precedent is there when they moved to acquired c. dillon. the passing game now is almost in the same situation the running game was then.

the question is what would it take to pry moss from al davis's hands?

the pats 1st round draft pick in 07
m. cassell and
c. jackson?

i was beginning to think if the pats receiving game didnt start to pick up like it did against the bengals we could even see a trade this season especially if it continued to get worse.
wow.

m. cassell and
c. jackson?

im impressed! that is a heckuva scenario and very doable. the hardest part for me would be giving up on Cassell. im thinking more about Daniel Graham, who's contract is becoming an issue, but is a valuable TE. or, for Moss, i could see the Patriots making it something like Jackson, the 2007 1st rounder, and maybe a 2nd in 2008.

if Moss goes to the Patriots, seeing as for me the key was the development of Jackson, then the Patriots are back on top in 2006 as far as im concerned.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #28
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4 View Post
wow.

m. cassell and
c. jackson?

im impressed! that is a heckuva scenario and very doable. the hardest part for me would be giving up on Cassell. im thinking more about Daniel Graham, who's contract is becoming an issue, but is a valuable TE. or, for Moss, i could see the Patriots making it something like Jackson, the 2007 1st rounder, and maybe a 2nd in 2008.

if Moss goes to the Patriots, seeing as for me the key was the development of Jackson, then the Patriots are back on top in 2006 as far as im concerned.
i think it would give them quite a set of "TRIPLETS". i threw in cassel because he was a low investment for the pats, one of the raiders perceived greatest needs, and someone who the pats will probably never use. ( buy low and sell high- weve seen how voleks trade value has dropped and m. schaubs will probably do the same). the raiders could definitely use d. graham but so can the pats (although with the addition of moss he would be very expendable as would watson probably).

i think if davis was willing to give up his best player he would want somebody who he felt he could possibly be a franchise player. that is what he thought when he traded for moss in the 1st place. while jackson, a first (keep in mind the pats have 2), and a second is fair, i dont think the old man would go for it, (not that im sure hed even go for cassell, jackson and a 1st)
Old 10-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #29
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I think you'd have to be even more delirious to bring a whining, locker room morale busting, spoiled brat primadonna into an organization whose reputation is built on team comradery, high morale and character. Though I would love nothing more for the Steelers to have all of the pieces of the puzzle fitting this season to take a repeat run at the Super Bowl, I am patient enough to wait and watch our young corps of WRs develop properly and come into their own, instead of being pushed into trying to make achievements that they just aren't capable of or ready for in their first season.
You read my mind.

I think you can apply that scenario to the Patriots aswell, can't you?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #30
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

There we go. See how easy it is when good minds get together.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote