Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
SteelersFan_in_KC
Water Boy

Member Number: 3194
Default Heinz Field Tailgating Info

Hey forum regulars, I need some advice:

I live in KC but have been a huge Steelers fan for years since I met Terry Bradshaw when I was a kid. Four of us (three from KC, one from Pittsburgh area) are coming to Heinz Field for the first time for the Steelers-Chiefs game on the 15th. Three Steelers fan and one Chiefs fan, but you have to respect him for putting up with us at those Steeler victories in KC a few years back.

What is the tailgating situation like and where is the ideal spot to park? What time do we need to get there to be sure we get a good parking spot for tailigating? This is a huge part of the game experience at Arrowhead and I just wonder if it's the same at Heinz? Hopefully, this means grilling out and sitting in the parking lot for several hours before the game.

Thanks for any advice! Much appreciated!
SteelersFan_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
Doctore
Water Boy

Member Number: 3202
Default Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info

Wish I could help.....looking to travel from Canada on same date. Will follow any direction from the regulars that you get. Good Luck
Doctore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:22 AM   #3
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

You mugs need to check with Dom!!

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan_in_KC View Post
Hey forum regulars, I need some advice:

I live in KC but have been a huge Steelers fan for years since I met Terry Bradshaw when I was a kid. Four of us (three from KC, one from Pittsburgh area) are coming to Heinz Field for the first time for the Steelers-Chiefs game on the 15th. Three Steelers fan and one Chiefs fan, but you have to respect him for putting up with us at those Steeler victories in KC a few years back.

What is the tailgating situation like and where is the ideal spot to park? What time do we need to get there to be sure we get a good parking spot for tailigating? This is a huge part of the game experience at Arrowhead and I just wonder if it's the same at Heinz? Hopefully, this means grilling out and sitting in the parking lot for several hours before the game.

Thanks for any advice! Much appreciated!

Yes the tailgating scene at Heinz is the same. You need to get there basically when the lots open 5 hours before game time. I believe that is a 1:00pm start, so the lots open at 8am. Your best bet is to try to get a parking pass on ebay if ya can. Or try the Blue North Canal Lot, that is open to the public, but you got to get there at 8am. If you are just joining a tailgate, you can park in any of the Parking garages. Or you can join us at our tailgate. Look back to this foprum next monday, I'll post the details.

Here's a map of our lots:

http://www.alcoparking.com/images/gameday_view.jpg

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

It is a 4:15pm start so the lots will be open at 11:15am. My club is having their annual tailgate party for that game. We will be in Gold Lot 1. Look for a beige Cadillac Escalade and a Black'NGold Pride flag flying high. Gold Lot 1 is the closest you can get to the stadium.
I would suggest you park your car at station square and take the ferry over. There are places to park depending upon how deeply you want to get into your pockets, also they will let the out of state cars in, if you are in line. (or some parking god guy told us that).

Stop in if you get a chance!~ We will also have a post tailgate. Where are you staying?

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #6
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
It is a 4:15pm start so the lots will be open at 11:15am. My club is having their annual tailgate party for that game. We will be in Gold Lot 1. Look for a beige Cadillac Escalade and a Black'NGold Pride flag flying high. Gold Lot 1 is the closest you can get to the stadium.
I would suggest you park your car at station square and take the ferry over. There are places to park depending upon how deeply you want to get into your pockets, also they will let the out of state cars in, if you are in line. (or some parking god guy told us that).

Stop in if you get a chance!~ We will also have a post tailgate. Where are you staying?

Glad you reminded me Lyn, I would have shown up at 8am wiondering where everybody is at!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

LOL I can see why that could happen with all the organizing you do!~ See you Sunday!~

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Glad you reminded me Lyn, I would have shown up at 8am wiondering where everybody is at!
As well as, why the heck are the lots not open yet.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #9
MyCuz64Furness
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 2533

I went to the home opener and it was my first game ever in Pa.......we got a Gold Lot2 pass off of ebay......since we were driving we brought a cooler with food and disposable grills and met some friends from Pa there.........the tailgate was the best experience I've ever had at a football game.......everybody was like family......offering their own food for us and asking us about our trip up.......was a great time........the best part was only the few feet walk from the lot to the stadium......good luck and have a great time
MyCuz64Furness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #10
boomor
Water Boy

Member Number: 6920

what about tailgating....I am coming up from SC and would like to find someone to hang with prior to the 49ers game. We are stating at the Doubletree hotel and thought about just walking instead of getting a parking pass. I have never been to a NFL game before (only college) and I have alway been able to find people to tailgate with. I did not know though, if I do not have a pass to get into a parking place, can we walk in???? Any advice would be great. I know I brought this up a couple of months ago and it was suggested to wait until closer to the game and someone would most likely be accommodating! boomor@hotmail.com
boomor is offline   Reply With Quote