Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default We got exactly what we Deserved,.....

1: As i have stated since he was at N.C. State and before the 2004 draft,....Philip Rivers is the TRUTH and was the BEST OF HIS CLASS.
2:We gave our,.... average passer with some "Backyard moves" "Quarterback" a roster filled with guest/Bum Wr's that can't get of jams, or get open. And even when they do, their hands and ability to run after the catch are less than average.
3:We no longer can run the ball effectively from a physical, wear down a defense standpoint. Bussy's productivity in this aspect used to protect us and Ben himself,....from himself. (Ben)
4: Our secondary WILL and does fold against any of the better passing teams in the League. How can anyone honestly dispute this ? (Little Kid voices) "Ike is GREAT,.... and Dshea isn't an undersized overachiever" Would you finally,....KNOCK IT OFF.

Bottom line,.....it's a matter of marginal personel. But this fall's upon the front office for lacking the forsight and resolve to correct these problems before they became such. (problems) However,....i REFUSE and simply cannot throw in the Towel,... and long for the day when this team is FINALLY upgraded in the Secondary, backfield and Receiving Corps. This is dishonorable and disgusting.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Last edited by SteelCzar76; 10-09-2006 at 04:46 AM.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:08 AM   #2
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Re: We got exactly what we Deserved,.....

little harsh dont cha think?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
cbalke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2602

i thought dashea's coverage on that touchdown was perfect. he could not have done anything more to prevent that pass.

there's a big difference between blaming someone for their mistakes and acknowledging when another team executes a play perfectly.

that was a perfect play, no doubt about it. there's absolutely nothing more the steelers could have done to stop it. the steelers played that ball perfectly and they still scored because the CHARGERS did everything perfectly on that play. gotta give the chargers props for that.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

I've seen a progressive weakening of the DB's. Without a doubt, the line is solid, since everyone is still having the hardest time rushing against us.

The offense is definately in a slump. It was weak in the pre-season and minus the adrenaline rush of the opening game, the Steeler's offense is big time lacking its usual character. Even if Wiz is twaeking things, the passing game needs some major development. There is a lot of potental with the wide-out we have, ie Nate, etc. (Ward definately has proved himself.)

I keep forgetting who #44 is. He definately needs more play time. If this was the NHL, I'd send him to Wilkes-Barre to get some meaningless practice in, then send him back late this season or next season. In the mean time, Duce is taking up space in both the sidelines and on the payroll. If Duce was 95+% healthy, he'd be a good solution, yet he's been a waste since traded from the Eagles. As for Parker, we need to stick to using him in his role of "Fast Willie". He definatlely is not a back that can pound the ball.

As for Ben, you can only place so much blame on him. Ben is the man. I rather there be a slump now that last year or his rookie year. When Ben is in full swing and these other holes are patched, watch out. Its true that one man can lose the game, [*cough O'Donell cough*], yet in this case it is multiple people in multiple areas.

With a Ratbird win tonight, the Steelers are in some serious trouble. Yet we've seen worse. Hold on, since there is plenty of football left. Once we get handed 4 or 5 more losses, then we can pack up our bags and call it a season. What a heart breaker start of a season.

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

No sense bein' all self-flagellating about it. I think the team is a lot better than they are playing. 13-3 still gets it done, I'd think. Talk to me after we've dropped 6 (which definitely could happen), I'll be agreeing with you, to a point anyhow.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

*Sigh* I'm wearing my Super Bowl shirt today just to remind any trash-talkers that until February, we're still the Champs.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #7
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

It's kind of tough for the secondary to do their jobs when they are consistently asked to give receivers an 8-9 yard cushion...then back up when the ball is snapped. I don't care if you're Philip Rivers or Philip the Beer Man at QB, when I see my guys getting that much room, I'm going to them every time. I think the world of Dick LeBeau and think he is a genius, but when is someone going to finally tell him that playing tighter coverage actually HELPS your pass rush?
Old 10-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
No sense bein' all self-flagellating about it. I think the team is a lot better than they are playing. 13-3 still gets it done, I'd think. Talk to me after we've dropped 6 (which definitely could happen), I'll be agreeing with you, to a point anyhow.

Tom
Saints be praised - another optimistic Steelers fan - I was starting to feel a little lonely around here.

It sickens me to death to hear some of these so-called fans ready to give up on a team 4 games into the season - there's a whole helluva lot of football yet to be played and anything can happen. I'm going to continue to proudly wave my Terrible Towel and have faith in my Steelers that they will turn it around and return to the level of play we all know they are very capable of.

Steelers fans have, for the most part, been spoiled for decades (not too many other teams out there who can boast that they've given to their fans what the Steelers have for such a long period of time) and I believe winning games, playoff games and championships has become more of an expectation to some of these fans. All teams have ebbs and tides and the Steelers are in an ebb right now. The issues presently surrounding this team are very fixable, but the team has to come together as one and turn itself around - no one can do it for them. We as fans have to be patient and support them as we would a member of our own family - after all, isn't the Steelers Nation an extended family?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #9
mopartodd
Water Boy

Member Number: 3178

I personally think the motorcycle accident changed Ben forever. He seems unwilling to move like he did last year. The defense is just WAY too forgiving. I'll be happy is the Steelers can muster enough wins aganst certain teams just to be a spoiler at this point. They really haven't shown me anything that makes me feel like we're going to the playoffs.

mopartodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #10
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

sure Ben is playing like crap but we still got time 2 do better, last year has shown that so im cool....besides we got 5 Championships under our belt so who cares what other football fans or people on TV think! We are cool guys relax!