Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Biggest Problem

I know Ben is playing like shit.....our receivers cant catch, and our defense is less than average right now.....BUT....i think our biggest problem is or OFFENSIVE LINE
Things are not looking good for us......we are going to finish under .500 this season if something doesnt change.

Go Pittsburgh........Still love my black and gold.........
Turn things aroun...

Old 10-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
Black&GoldinJersey
Water Boy

Member Number: 2693
Default Re: Biggest Problem

I'll agree that tonight the offensive line looked horrible, but I think the biggest problem right now may be Cowher. Every time the game showed him tonight, he just stood there with an angry face but did nothing but stand there. What happened to the old, get in your face, spit all over you, jaw poking you in the eye Cowher that we've all known for the last 15 years? I see no motivation coming from him at all, especially in a game against his "mentor" and especially after a bye week, being 1-2, and proving we aren't going through the Super Bowl high blues.

Also where was Willie Reid tonight? I saw he started the first kickoff and punt return but then Ike Taylor and Davenport ended up being back there instead of him. Did he get hurt?
Black&GoldinJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
JP101
Water Boy

Member Number: 3218

The point where the game was over was that last interception. Ben went from having the fewest turnovers to having over 5 in the past few games. What happened to him? It's like he is forcing it. Ugh.
Things really need to change. Tonight was a REALLY important game. That second half was discraceful. Cowher needs to get on it. I agree with the post above this.
COME ON STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JP101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

Coaching coaching coaching + Big Ben playing like he should be on Two-A-Days
Old 10-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #5
SteelersHoss
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 817

Yes, the Offensive Line looked horrible in the second half. But, the defense could not get any pressure on Rivers. Our Seondary looked gross as well. There are many players who are not making the plays that they need to be making, offensively and on defense. I love em, but the Steelers are in some very serious trouble.
SteelersHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #6
lostsailor73
Water Boy

Member Number: 2804

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
I know Ben is playing like shit.....our receivers cant catch, and our defense is less than average right now.....BUT....i think our biggest problem is or OFFENSIVE LINE
Things are not looking good for us......we are going to finish under .500 this season if something doesnt change.

Go Pittsburgh........Still love my black and gold.........
Turn things aroun...

Sorry, but you sound like Peyton Manning calling out the OL like that. Ben could have taken a nap back there for most of the plays. He's just not 100% b/c of what he's been through. We need a spark.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:55 AM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Lostsailor... was you watching the same game that I was? Obviously Not... you must have fallen asleep after the first quarter and a half... because after that we got manhandled on the Line of Srimmage... Williams had a monster game against our O Line... if you couldnt see that you need your eyes checked or see if there is any activity in your brain...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:29 AM   #8
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
Lostsailor... was you watching the same game that I was? Obviously Not... you must have fallen asleep after the first quarter and a half... because after that we got manhandled on the Line of Srimmage... Williams had a monster game against our O Line... if you couldnt see that you need your eyes checked or see if there is any activity in your brain...
Whoa man, you forgot a "God Bless" at the end of that flame!

Ben is a big part of the offense not firing on all cylinders right now. Play calling is the other big part.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #9
reelsteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 3167

BIGBENFASTWILLIE wth are u talking about? ya big ben is still rusty and and ya our recivers cant catch but the d played good yesterday. Now cowher is the problem he is coaching like tobe fired. They should of ran more screens cause when they did the chargers could not stop us
reelsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
steelfan 92
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2630

i love em, but i think the hole team stinks right now, the players the coaches together. i think they are all still have the post super bowl hangover. they need to get back to basics, run block and tackle. forget the trick plays, we can not even execute on the normal plays. i'm disgusted right now, but steeler nation, i still have faith. i'm going on record right now, they will make the playoffs this year. they need to play with fear, fear of letting their team mates down, their coaches and down and their fans down. they will play with heart and they will get it done. i believe in the steelers, i always will. we will finish 11-5
steelfan 92 is offline   Reply With Quote