Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
VolatileMan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 329
Default Something to think about

Tommy Madix was fantastic for us untill he took that hit that left him unconsious, for a few seconds, on the field.

He was never the same, even though he looked fine and said all the right things.

Now Ben has done a face plant into a car windshield with no helmet.

He physically looks ok, says all the right things . . . BUT?

Will he ever be the same??

Just something to think about :(

VolatileMan
VolatileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #2
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900
Default Re: Something to think about

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolatileMan View Post
Tommy Madix was fantastic for us untill he took that hit that left him unconsious, for a few seconds, on the field.

He was never the same, even though he looked fine and said all the right things.

Now Ben has done a face plant into a car windshield with no helmet.

He physically looks ok, says all the right things . . . BUT?

Will he ever be the same??

Just something to think about :(

VolatileMan
Good point, and I agree to a degree. Tearing your acl is one thing, but to go through a life and death situation like Ben did, it has to make you put things in perspective. I heard the interview he did with NBC and he sounded to me like a man that knows that their is more important things in life other then winning football games. Now I believe that most of the guys (mostly vets) in the NFL has this same perspective, but they were not in a life and death situation like Ben was in. This guy is still very young and has many years ahead of him, but if you go out on the field with the attitude that win or lose I still have my health (which is ok) he will continue to lose games. Once a football player steps onto the field he needs to thing of only one thing, what must I sacrifice to win this game today. Ben has a married and two kids mentality, but what he needs is I'm going out there today and leave blood on the field today for a win mentality.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I agree, Ben needs to recognize that his style of play has become Maddox-esque. And that he now needs to lead a team that has not identity other than losing games. And that becomes as habit forming as winning games.
However, Ben does look better and better each week. The question is, do we want to wait that long? But it's not all Ben's fault. The O-line in two of the last three games have been like swiss cheese and Ben hasn't had the protection that he's use to having. And Ben is also trying to get the quick strike instead of taking what the Defense gives him.

Maybe he came back to quick from the head trauma, only to endure the appendicitis, and then to be beaten around like a rag doll lately - Lord knows that someone on this team needs to step up and take hold of the leadership!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Ben needs to sit down an refocus more than anyone on the team. But once he does and hes back to his old self........He has to start putting his foot up some of the other players ass when the miss a ball, miss a block.......and what not..........He doesnt look like he wants to be the leader anymore........Looks like hes second guessing everything he does.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

......Tommy was never amazing for us. he had like a 75 passer rating at best with us. that was when he threw for 3600 yds and 18 tds, too bad he had 18 ints to go along with them.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
ytsan2q
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3221

Ben has never been that exceptional QB. He's always been a game manager. The pass couple of years it's been about our defense, running game and a few gadget plays here and there. It seems as though the are trying to get Ben to throw more this year and he is having problems adjusting. It the past all his throws were set up by the run. If we're going to be successful with Ben this year he's going to have to go back to his old role. The Defense is getting worn out because of offensive mistakes (3 and outs) and the fact they can't move the ball consistently.
ytsan2q is offline   Reply With Quote