Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-13-2006, 05:20 AM   #1
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140
Default THE FEVER RETURNS AFTER SUNDAY!

I'm not trying to be a jerk but I'm telling you all right now that after Sunday the Pittsburgh Steelers will find themselves trailing Baltimore and Cincinnati by only 1 game in the loss column.

The Steelers should definitely beat Kansas City. If they fail to win this game, mounting injuries and all, then we'll just have to admit that they're just not a very good football team this year. There's no acceptable excuse for losing at home to Kansas City, a team who's playing without their starting QB.

The Carolina Panthers should beat the OVERRATED Ravens. I don't see why it won't happen. We have to BELIEVE Steelers fans.

The toughest of the 3 tasks. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have to upset the Bengals. Tampa Bay shouldn't have any problems stopping the very-weak Bengals running attack. If they can pressure Palmer, as the Steelers and Patriots did, then I can see Tampa Bay scoring a defensive touchdown. Gruden also needs to prescribe to the "POUND THAT ROCK" formula. We all know that the Bengals may have the worst run defense in the NFL. I look for a close game with Tamp Bay coming away with the upset victory.

We have to hope. We have to believe. ONE game back sounds terrific at this point. I can feel the fever coming on. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:39 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: THE FEVER RETURNS AFTER SUNDAY!

At this point, we can't go back and look at the woulda, coulda, shouldas. Sure we should have beaten the Bungles and the Chargers, but we couldn't hold on to a lead in either game. Everyone needs to step up their play big time this week - a victory vs KC could be just what the Steelers need to get them on a roll. Positive execution of plays, consistent tackling, a 150% effort from everyone and NO MISTAKES is a must. It isn't going to be easy with all of the injuries that presently are plaguing the team, but this team just has a knack for rising above adversity and they are more than hungry this week - they are starving! Here's to a kickass, smash 'em in the mouth effort with a very favorable outcome for our Steelers!

The Anti-Wahoo

Last edited by HometownGal; 10-13-2006 at 06:47 AM.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:22 AM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I agree. But let's also remember that KC is not a push over team. This team was one game away from making the playoffs - one game from eliminating us from that same playoffs. They are a tough team and they've got a tough HC. Look past them, over them, or around them and it could spell trouble.

Coach Cowher needs to get this team back into the mind set of ONE GAME AT A TIME for 60 MINUTES AT A TIME! That's where we have failed in the first 4 games (yes, even the phins game) in that we have not played 60 minutes worth of football. In the dolphins game, we just played more in the last part of the game. And in the past 3 we only played in the first half!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

i definitaly agree that the ravens r extremely overrated right now, same with donavan mcnab he is very overrated but that is a different story. the bengals arent as good of a team as they were last year and our play making isnt the same as last year. very nice post.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

I'm a little disheartened about all the defensive injuries we have right now, but a little excited to see what could be the future Steelers D get some playing time because of the injuries.

I agree Carolina should beat the Ravens. I'm calling a low scoring game, Panthers 16-10.

I don't think there is ANY chance of TB beating the Bungles. Sure I would love for it to happen but as good as Gradkowski looked last week (for a rook) its not enough to get past some of the glaring inconsistencies in the entire TB team. I'm calling Bengals 27, TB 13.

(I try not to call Steelers scores, I'm too superstitious.)
Old 10-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #6
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745

very good thread, I love the enthusiasm!!
'lets go out and hit em in the mouth!!

hope the Tampa bay thing rings true!!
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #7
BirdKC
Water Boy

Member Number: 3244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk but I'm telling you all right now that after Sunday the Pittsburgh Steelers will find themselves trailing Baltimore and Cincinnati by only 1 game in the loss column.

The Steelers should definitely beat Kansas City. If they fail to win this game, mounting injuries and all, then we'll just have to admit that they're just not a very good football team this year. There's no acceptable excuse for losing at home to Kansas City, a team who's playing without their starting QB.

The Carolina Panthers should beat the OVERRATED Ravens. I don't see why it won't happen. We have to BELIEVE Steelers fans.

The toughest of the 3 tasks. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have to upset the Bengals. Tampa Bay shouldn't have any problems stopping the very-weak Bengals running attack. If they can pressure Palmer, as the Steelers and Patriots did, then I can see Tampa Bay scoring a defensive touchdown. Gruden also needs to prescribe to the "POUND THAT ROCK" formula. We all know that the Bengals may have the worst run defense in the NFL. I look for a close game with Tamp Bay coming away with the upset victory.

We have to hope. We have to believe. ONE game back sounds terrific at this point. I can feel the fever coming on. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!
I wouldn't say that. So far this season the Chiefs have more productive on all sides of the ball than the steelers. Yes, I know, Steelers have played tougher teams, but when you throw in the fact our QB is injured (not to mention some other positions) we have been doing pretty well. Now you guys are in a similar position with all of your injuries, and I do think you have a slight edge playing at home. But I don't think the chiefs are just gonna lie down and let you have it. KC proved they can battle back from 14-0 on the road last week. Regardless of who you play against, that is hard to do. This game will be closer than you think.
BirdKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdKC View Post
I wouldn't say that. So far this season the Chiefs have more productive on all sides of the ball than the steelers. Yes, I know, Steelers have played tougher teams, but when you throw in the fact our QB is injured (not to mention some other positions) we have been doing pretty well. Now you guys are in a similar position with all of your injuries, and I do think you have a slight edge playing at home. But I don't think the chiefs are just gonna lie down and let you have it. KC proved they can battle back from 14-0 on the road last week. Regardless of who you play against, that is hard to do. This game will be closer than you think.
Valid points. And I believe that with Coach Edwards, he brings a different mentatlity to the team. He's attitude, like Cowher's, is contagious. This game is going to be tough but I think the BnG is going to put an end to all the half games they've played and will finally deliever a knock out blow in the 4th Qtr!

But I do think that KC will definitely come with their helmets strapped on and ready for a hard fought game.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #9
BirdKC
Water Boy

Member Number: 3244

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Valid points. And I believe that with Coach Edwards, he brings a different mentatlity to the team. He's attitude, like Cowher's, is contagious. This game is going to be tough but I think the BnG is going to put an end to all the half games they've played and will finally deliever a knock out blow in the 4th Qtr!

But I do think that KC will definitely come with their helmets strapped on and ready for a hard fought game.
No matter who wins I think we will see 2 teams giving everything they got on sunday. Should be a helluva game.
BirdKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #10
SteelersWoman
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3077
Thumbs up Re: THE FEVER RETURNS AFTER SUNDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrice View Post
I don't think there is ANY chance of TB beating the Bungles.
Let's hope that THIS is the week that Tampa shocks the football world. This just might be their breakout game--I'm sure hopin it's ours too! (I'm not even considerin the game against the Fins--not after 3 losses in a row, so THIS would be a "breakout" game to me...)